Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

'Marriage Equality' Includes Polygamy'

• Please log in to reply
62 replies to this topic

#61    Harte

Harte

Supremely Educated Knower of Everything in Existence

• 9,029 posts

• Skeptic

Posted 22 April 2013 - 07:26 PM

View PostRyinrea, on 22 April 2013 - 04:11 PM, said:

So how does one get pedophilia is going to be accepted since people giving others the right to the word marriage is being accepted?

It's a form of argument known as reductio ad absurdum.

Harte

I've consulted all the sages I could find in yellow pages but there aren't many of them. - The Alan Parsons Project
Most people would die sooner than think; in fact, they do so. - Bertrand Russell
Ignorance is preferable to error; and he is less remote from the truth who believes nothing, than he who believes what is wrong. - Thomas Jefferson
Giorgio's dying Ancient Aliens internet forum

#62    Br Cornelius

Br Cornelius

Forum Divinity

• 10,384 posts

• Stupid Monkeys.

Life Sucks.
    Get over it.

Posted 22 April 2013 - 08:01 PM

View PostHarte, on 22 April 2013 - 07:26 PM, said:

It's a form of argument known as reductio ad absurdum.

Harte
That argument only works if you ignore the foundational premise of "between consenting adults". No one here has advocated allowing marriage between animals/adults/children other than yourself and a few others.

Br Cornelius

I believe nothing, but I have my suspicions.

Robert Anton Wilson

#63    Harte

Harte

Supremely Educated Knower of Everything in Existence

• 9,029 posts

• Skeptic

Posted 22 April 2013 - 08:11 PM

View PostBr Cornelius, on 22 April 2013 - 08:01 PM, said:

That argument only works if you ignore the foundational premise of "between consenting adults". No one here has advocated allowing marriage between animals/adults/children other than yourself and a few others.

Br Cornelius
Hey.

I didn't say it was a good "reductio ad absurdum" argument! LOL

Harte

I've consulted all the sages I could find in yellow pages but there aren't many of them. - The Alan Parsons Project
Most people would die sooner than think; in fact, they do so. - Bertrand Russell
Ignorance is preferable to error; and he is less remote from the truth who believes nothing, than he who believes what is wrong. - Thomas Jefferson
Giorgio's dying Ancient Aliens internet forum

#64    green_dude777

green_dude777

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,047 posts

• When you look back in life, you don't regret what you did, you regret what you never attempted.

Posted 22 April 2013 - 08:15 PM

Just to add some gas to the fire, these people never hurt any of you  http://thefw.com/weirdest-marriages-of-the-world-photos-videos/

#65    darkmoonlady

darkmoonlady

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,290 posts

• Get busy livin' or get busy dyin'-Shawshank Redemption/Life is a buffet and most poor suckers are starving to death-Auntie Mame

Posted 22 April 2013 - 09:54 PM

I also find it sort of ironic that those who seem to blanch at the idea of plural marriage are those who believe in the Bible. If you want many examples of polygamy just look in the bible, especially the old Testament. I always chuckle that those who say polygamy  that is the Old Testament doesn't  count but will gladly bring up what the old Testament says about homosexuality and say that oh those rules do count

“The beauty of religious mania is that it has the power to explain everything. Once God (or Satan) is accepted as the first cause of everything which happens in the mortal world, nothing is left to chance …or change... logic can be happily tossed out the window. Religious mania is one of the few infallible ways of responding to the worlds vagaries, because it totally eliminates pure accident. To the true religious maniac, it’s ALL on purpose” – Stephen King, The Stand

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users