Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * * * 1 votes

"Alien Structures on the Moon"

aliens moon buildings dark side

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
351 replies to this topic

#106    JesseCuster

JesseCuster

Secret Jesus

• 3,260 posts

Posted 01 May 2013 - 04:03 PM

View PostBabe Ruth, on 01 May 2013 - 01:31 PM, said:

I read most of the Wiki stuff, but it seems not to mention that mathematicians have decoded the various engravings inside, and discovered that it encodes among other things, the value of pi out to like a gazillion points.  THAT is what's unusual about it.
Can you be more specific?  As in how exactly pi is encoded to a gazillion places inside?  With sources please.

Long before Pythagoras and others, presumed cavemen were scribbling advanced mathematical concepts.
If you presume they are cavemen then you presume wrong.  The inhabitants of north west Europe at the time were a settled civilised farming people.  In the case of similar people in Ireland who built similar megaliths at the same period in history, they were known to be keen astronomers as plenty of their monuments are known to have impressive astronomical alignments.  They are far more advanced than the mere cavemen you insist on describing them as.

You belittle them by calling them cavemen and it does you no favours by betraying your ignorance of matters you wish to tell others about.  If you don't even know that the people who built Gavrinis weren't cavemen, how can we expect to take you seriously when you make other assertions about them and their monuments?

Edited by Archimedes, 01 May 2013 - 04:05 PM.

"The first principle is that you must not fool yourself and you are the easiest person to fool." - Richard P. Feynman

"If people put enough excrement in one pile they think they can safely claim that there must be something other than excrement in a pile that big." - stereologist

#107    seeder

seeder

Nut Cracker

• 11,294 posts

• Never forget that only the weak fish swim with the stream, and a lie travels half way around the world while the truth is putting on its shoes.

Posted 01 May 2013 - 04:45 PM

View PostArchimedes, on 30 April 2013 - 07:43 PM, said:

What about the Gavrinis monument indicates that extra-terrestrials had anything to do with it?

Agriculture in north west Europe dates back to thousands of years before the megalithic tombs like Gavrinis were constructed, indicating that it was built by settled farmers, not by hunter-gatherers.

Does this look like something built by extra-terrestrials who had the technology to cross inter-stellar space?

Posted Image

"Dear Lord, I know I'm insignificant in the great scheme of things and a lousy believer, but please dont let anyone tell zoser there is a thread that is now going on about ancient structures and the ET connection. You know, things that ancient man just simply couldn't have done without ET help. Please? Amen. seeder.

Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored
It's not the depth of the rabbit hole that bugs me... It's all the rabbit poop you stumble over on your way down...
“It's easier to fool people - than to convince them that they have been fooled.”  Mark Twain

"The tragedy of life is not that it ends so soon, but that we wait so long to begin it"

#108    DONTEATUS

DONTEATUS

Forum Divinity

• 18,448 posts

Posted 01 May 2013 - 08:12 PM

Thats Golden Babe ! Cave men scribing onto Cave walls advanced mathmatics and Quantum Mech`s ! Sweet ! Wheres my Safty Helmut ? Bring one for Babe Ruth too !
at least throw in a few rolls of Tin Foil If we have tomake our own ! :tu: :alien: :no:

This is a Work in Progress!

#109    psyche101

psyche101

Conspiracy Realist

• 33,594 posts

• If you stop to think, Remember to start again

Posted 02 May 2013 - 04:26 AM

View PostBabe Ruth, on 01 May 2013 - 02:55 PM, said:

Don

Why do you so frequently NOT read the posts of others before replying?  Are you just consumed by ad hom type sentiment?

The information engraved into the stones inside the building, when decoded by mathematicians, among other things gives the value of pi, 3.1416 out to many many decimal places.

How can the 'cavemen' of 3000 BC have known about such mathematical concepts?

Hardly cavemen, around 2500 BC the pyramid builders likely used Pi for the base measurements.

Did you get that from the Ancient Aliens show? I am afraid I am going to ask for sources, I can only find your claim on some woo woo sites. Any reputable site says the lines represent many things such as sunrise and sunset times or festivals. And that evidence was uncovered to show that they smoked pot when making these carvings.

Edited by psyche101, 02 May 2013 - 04:29 AM.

Things are what they are. - Me Reality can't be debunked. That's the beauty of it. - Capeo If I have seen further it is by standing on the shoulders of giants. - Sir Isaac Newton Let me repeat the lesson learned from the Sturrock scientific review panel: Pack up your old data and forget it. Ufology needs new data, new cases, new rigorous and scientific methodologies if it hopes ever to get out of its pit. - Ed Stewart Youtube is the last refuge of the ignorant and is more often used for disinformation than genuine research.  There is a REASON for PEER REVIEW... - Chrlzs Nothing is inexplicable, just unexplained. - Dr Who

#110    psyche101

psyche101

Conspiracy Realist

• 33,594 posts

Posted 02 May 2013 - 04:32 AM

View Postseeder, on 01 May 2013 - 04:45 PM, said:

"Dear Lord, I know I'm insignificant in the great scheme of things and a lousy believer, but please dont let anyone tell zoser there is a thread that is now going on about ancient structures and the ET connection. You know, things that ancient man just simply couldn't have done without ET help. Please? Amen. seeder.

I do not think there is, Babe Ruths research is about as firm as Zosers. He is the soapbox king, plenty to preach, but never any backup, and it's all the Governments fault to. They must be keeping his computer from allowing him to post links. So is the aliens cover up, and every single tragedy that befalls America, ohh and yeah, another one who thinks the US is the entire globe.

Very Meh. Not sure who this nonsense is supposed to convince.

Things are what they are. - Me Reality can't be debunked. That's the beauty of it. - Capeo If I have seen further it is by standing on the shoulders of giants. - Sir Isaac Newton Let me repeat the lesson learned from the Sturrock scientific review panel: Pack up your old data and forget it. Ufology needs new data, new cases, new rigorous and scientific methodologies if it hopes ever to get out of its pit. - Ed Stewart Youtube is the last refuge of the ignorant and is more often used for disinformation than genuine research.  There is a REASON for PEER REVIEW... - Chrlzs Nothing is inexplicable, just unexplained. - Dr Who

#111    Xnibiru

Xnibiru

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 46 posts

Posted 02 May 2013 - 09:18 AM

The moon is a man-made product of prehistoric people. It is hard to believe but it is the Truth.... :clap: :clap: :clap:

#112    psyche101

psyche101

Conspiracy Realist

• 33,594 posts

Posted 02 May 2013 - 09:20 AM

View PostXnibiru, on 02 May 2013 - 09:18 AM, said:

The moon is a man-made product of prehistoric people. It is hard to believe but it is the Truth.... :clap: :clap: :clap:

Well haven't you been taken in. The Moon does not even exist - check this out:

LINK - The Moon A Propaganda Hoax.

#113    Sheep Smart

Sheep Smart

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 340 posts

• Im so happy I bleed it.

Posted 02 May 2013 - 09:40 AM

2015. man once again lands on the moon          

moon man sais: "welcome earthling. mind telling us something?"  :alien:
earthling: "whats that?" :st  
moon man : "what really crashed here in 1969?" :alien:    
earthling:   :unsure2:

Other life in the universe?, you dare to imply there are entities possibly far greater than us almighty humans, creators of canned ham and reality tv. Nonsense. Absurd.

The reality that stupidy exists in abundance doesnt bother me. Its the fact that theres still no cure.

#114    Norbert Dentressangle

Norbert Dentressangle

misanthropic nihilist

• 26,152 posts

• Vampires are people too.

Posted 02 May 2013 - 10:18 AM

View PostSheep Smart, on 02 May 2013 - 09:40 AM, said:

2015. man once again lands on the moon

moon man sais: "welcome earthling. mind telling us something?" :alien:
earthling: "whats that?" :st
moon man : "what really crashed here in 1969?" :alien:
earthling: :unsure2:
It was obviously a Balloon. Nothing that flimsy made of all those bits of tin foil and aluminum tubing could possibly cross the vast distances of Space ...

Life is a hideous business, and from the background behind what we know of it peer daemoniacal hints of truth which make it sometimes a thousandfold more hideous.

H. P. Lovecraft.

:cat:

#115    Sheep Smart

Sheep Smart

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 340 posts

• Im so happy I bleed it.

Posted 02 May 2013 - 11:25 AM

View PostColonel Rhuairidh, on 02 May 2013 - 10:18 AM, said:

It was obviously a Balloon. Nothing that flimsy made of all those bits of tin foil and aluminum tubing could possibly cross the vast distances of Space ...
  i dont think you got the joke. :huh:

Other life in the universe?, you dare to imply there are entities possibly far greater than us almighty humans, creators of canned ham and reality tv. Nonsense. Absurd.

The reality that stupidy exists in abundance doesnt bother me. Its the fact that theres still no cure.

#116    Emma_Acid

Emma_Acid

Alien Abducter

• 4,655 posts

• Godspeed MID

Posted 02 May 2013 - 11:50 AM

View PostBabe Ruth, on 01 May 2013 - 02:55 PM, said:

How can the 'cavemen' of 3000 BC have known about such mathematical concepts?

Well, the assumption that cavemen couldn't have known such things is fair enough, but the assumption that people living 3000 bc were cavemen is yours and yours alone.

"Science is the least subjective form of deduction" ~ A. Mulder

#117    ChrLzs

ChrLzs

Just a contributor..

• 3,648 posts

• I only floccinaucinihilipilificate
    when it IS worthless...

Posted 02 May 2013 - 12:08 PM

View PostBabe Ruth, on 01 May 2013 - 01:31 PM, said:

I read most of the Wiki stuff, but it seems not to mention that mathematicians have decoded the various engravings inside, and discovered that it encodes among other things, the value of pi out to like a gazillion points.  THAT is what's unusual about it.

OK, I've heard enough - I CALL.

Now bear in mind I know absolutely nothing about this topic, other than what I know about π and how it has been fleshed out to those 'gazillion' decimals over the years, subject to very earthly and readily explainable methodologies..

But you just made a VERY BIG CLAIM, namely that these 'cavemen' were given completely unknown (and unknowable) data on π to exceptionally high levels of accuracy by some 'otherworldly' technology, and I'm calling you on it.

First up, I challenge you to present the evidence that you (or others) have on this claim - show us exactly what you based this claim on.  Take your time, as I shall when I respond, in a logical, reasoned, provable, documented and cited fashion...

If I'm wrong, you will have the unbridled joy of getting an unreserved apology from me.  I'll happily wear the consequences if this doesn't go my way, but something tells me I don't have a lot to be concerned about..

BTW, feel free to back down immediately, but you better have an explanation for THAT, as well. Oh, and if you won't engage in this little challenge, that's OK, I'll do all your work for you - but that won't be a good look, Babe..

So you go first - show us these engravings/symbols and how they were interpreted to encode π.  I'm very eager to see this.

All my posts about Apollo are dedicated to the memory of MID - who knew, lived and was an integral part of, Apollo.

My garden is already magical and beyond beautiful - I do not need to invent fairies... - ChrLzs

#118    Babe Ruth

Babe Ruth

Non-Corporeal Being

• Closed
  • 8,732 posts

Posted 02 May 2013 - 12:11 PM

Yes, deepest apologies to all the folks that inhabited Gavrinis island.  Did not mean to impugn your humanity or your intelligence, or your reputations.  So Sorry! :cry:

And to all the readers here, I hope you are sitting down.  Please do, if you're not already.  Shocking revelation coming......yes, the source of my information was History Channel's Ancient Aliens!

I know that is heresy 'round here. :innocent:

#119    seeder

seeder

Nut Cracker

• 11,294 posts

• Never forget that only the weak fish swim with the stream, and a lie travels half way around the world while the truth is putting on its shoes.

Posted 02 May 2013 - 12:24 PM

View PostBabe Ruth, on 02 May 2013 - 12:11 PM, said:

Yes, deepest apologies to all the folks that inhabited Gavrinis island.  Did not mean to impugn your humanity or your intelligence, or your reputations.  So Sorry! :cry:

And to all the readers here, I hope you are sitting down.  Please do, if you're not already.  Shocking revelation coming......yes, the source of my information was History Channel's Ancient Aliens!

I know that is heresy 'round here. :innocent:

Feel free to post something over on the AA thread, you know how much I like ripping the History Channels AA series to bits dont you?

Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored
It's not the depth of the rabbit hole that bugs me... It's all the rabbit poop you stumble over on your way down...
“It's easier to fool people - than to convince them that they have been fooled.”  Mark Twain

"The tragedy of life is not that it ends so soon, but that we wait so long to begin it"

#120    Babe Ruth

Babe Ruth

Non-Corporeal Being

• Closed
  • 8,732 posts

Posted 02 May 2013 - 12:28 PM

No, I was not aware of that Seeder, but thanks for the heads up.  And thanks for you guidance in commenting on threads.  How could I go on without you? :tu:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users