Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * * * 1 votes

"Alien Structures on the Moon"

aliens moon buildings dark side

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
351 replies to this topic

#226    JesseCuster

JesseCuster

Secret Jesus

• 3,004 posts

Posted 08 May 2013 - 11:41 PM

View Postpsyche101, on 08 May 2013 - 11:27 PM, said:

Ever thought of writing down the co-ordinates, getting of your backside to book some time at your local observatory and having a decent look yourself?

I look at the surface of the moon regularly with my own eyes. You should try it. Beats reading woo woo sites on the Net I asure you. And it is real. One thing though. millions of people do it every day, yet not one on earth can prove this claim, what does that tell you?
And even if you don't have a telescope for looking at the moon to have a look yourself, there are places on the Internet where you can browse and view high resolution images of the lunar and Martian surfaces to try and confirm these kind of claims yourself.

In my experience, the better quality the images of the moon or Mars you're looking at, the less impressive looking the anomalies are.   Someone on a blurry low-res YouTube video has found a moonbase at a particular place on the moon?  Go have a look at the LRO imagery for the same spot and it suddenly turns into rocks.

"The first principle is that you must not fool yourself and you are the easiest person to fool." - Richard P. Feynman

#227    psyche101

psyche101

Conspiracy Realist

• 31,114 posts

• If you stop to think, Remember to start again

Posted 08 May 2013 - 11:42 PM

View PostDark_Grey, on 08 May 2013 - 08:28 PM, said:

The idea of structures or crashed ancient ships on the moon really speaks to the inner child :yes:

Nail on the head :tu:

Exactly how Mr Hoagland dupes people. Those who enjoy the tales should realise that Mr Hoagland is a fictional writer. Then we would all be fine with him.

Things are what they are. - Me Reality can't be debunked. That's the beauty of it. - Capeo If I have seen further it is by standing on the shoulders of giants. - Sir Isaac Newton Let me repeat the lesson learned from the Sturrock scientific review panel: Pack up your old data and forget it. Ufology needs new data, new cases, new rigorous and scientific methodologies if it hopes ever to get out of its pit. - Ed Stewart Youtube is the last refuge of the ignorant and is more often used for disinformation than genuine research.  There is a REASON for PEER REVIEW... - Chrlzs Nothing is inexplicable, just unexplained. - Dr Who

#228    psyche101

psyche101

Conspiracy Realist

• 31,114 posts

Posted 08 May 2013 - 11:52 PM

View PostArchimedes, on 08 May 2013 - 11:41 PM, said:

And even if you don't have a telescope for looking at the moon to have a look yourself, there are places on the Internet where you can browse and view high resolution images of the lunar and Martian surfaces to try and confirm these kind of claims yourself.

In my experience, the better quality the images of the moon or Mars you're looking at, the less impressive looking the anomalies are.   Someone on a blurry low-res YouTube video has found a moonbase at a particular place on the moon?  Go have a look at the LRO imagery for the same spot and it suddenly turns into rocks.

I agree, there are awesome sites, and incredible free software, Heavens above is a great site, Stellarium is astoundingly good to be free. But I was hoping that to eliminate the ebil Gummit altering any pic that a woo woo might look at, after all, these fringers are so important to the Government that rather than run the country, they need to block these people from seeing alien proof LOL :blink: not much self importance goes hand in hand with woo woo does it LOL
So I thought an observatory might be a little harder for the more credulous to refute. They have so much confidence in seeing things with their own eyes, that they can apparently decipher, that their own eyes are the only thing they might accept. If they can find a moon structure, I bet over a million people would want to hear about it and how to find it :D

Things are what they are. - Me Reality can't be debunked. That's the beauty of it. - Capeo If I have seen further it is by standing on the shoulders of giants. - Sir Isaac Newton Let me repeat the lesson learned from the Sturrock scientific review panel: Pack up your old data and forget it. Ufology needs new data, new cases, new rigorous and scientific methodologies if it hopes ever to get out of its pit. - Ed Stewart Youtube is the last refuge of the ignorant and is more often used for disinformation than genuine research.  There is a REASON for PEER REVIEW... - Chrlzs Nothing is inexplicable, just unexplained. - Dr Who

#229    s33ker

s33ker

Remote Viewer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 562 posts

• Believe anything until proven otherwise, otherwise believe nothing until proven.

Posted 09 May 2013 - 12:00 AM

http://www.ufosighti...his-set-of.html

Love these photos. Sorry if your already seen them. Must admit it's a fantasy of mine that 'there really is a man on the moon.

#230    psyche101

psyche101

Conspiracy Realist

• 31,114 posts

Posted 09 May 2013 - 12:20 AM

View Posts33ker, on 09 May 2013 - 12:00 AM, said:

Love these photos. Sorry if your already seen them. Must admit it's a fantasy of mine that 'there really is a man on the moon.

Well, those photos are sure enough fantasy :D No doubt about that. If you like extraordinary tales, and men on the moon, you might enjoy this old chestnut, it is so out there that I cannot help but enjoy the tale myself, but of course never for one second thought it even could be true.

Sorry, but this man on the moon is dead though. And has no house on the moon, but highly entertaining all the same.

Posted Image

#231    JesseCuster

JesseCuster

Secret Jesus

• 3,004 posts

Posted 09 May 2013 - 12:34 AM

View Posts33ker, on 09 May 2013 - 12:00 AM, said:

Oh dear. Someone wasn't even trying when they doctored those photos.  A quick Google reveals that there are a whole bunch of similar photos which were affected by mold (edit: or at least that's what someone theorised, but it's clearly not something on the moon itself).  Someone then doctored some of those photos to make it look like the mold was something artificial on the moon by Photoshopping out the mold that appeared either not on the moon itself or on the dark part of the moon.

Here's what you get when you increase the brightness and contrast to bring out what's (not very well) hidden in the dark areas of the image.  You can see the tell-tale marks of someone brushing out areas which would have revealed mold on the dark side of the moon.

Posted Image

For comparison, other flawed moon photos which are clearly not artificial structures on the moon:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Edited by Archimedes, 09 May 2013 - 12:42 AM.

"The first principle is that you must not fool yourself and you are the easiest person to fool." - Richard P. Feynman

#232    JesseCuster

JesseCuster

Secret Jesus

• 3,004 posts

Posted 09 May 2013 - 12:43 AM

View Postpsyche101, on 09 May 2013 - 12:20 AM, said:

Well, those photos are sure enough fantasy :D No doubt about that. If you like extraordinary tales, and men on the moon, you might enjoy this old chestnut, it is so out there that I cannot help but enjoy the tale myself, but of course never for one second thought it even could be true.

Sorry, but this man on the moon is dead though. And has no house on the moon, but highly entertaining all the same.

Posted Image

Posted Image

#233    Esoteric Toad

Esoteric Toad

Astral Projection

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 689 posts

• Where does one get certified as an "Ancient Astronaut Theorist" or "Cryptozoologist"?

Posted 09 May 2013 - 01:57 AM

Wouldn't it be interesting if you could put up a web page, get enough traffic immediately and post completely innocuous, and unmodified images from the moon, mars and other planets/moons with extraordinary headings like "Alien Base found on <insert planetary body here> !!" just to see how many times they get posted on other woo-woo sites?

#234    HDesiato

HDesiato

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 281 posts

Posted 09 May 2013 - 02:09 AM

View PostDONTEATUS, on 08 May 2013 - 10:25 PM, said:

Hit it Right on the Head ! Good one HDesiato !

Funny, I was just discussing the subject a few weeks ago with my cousin.
He recently got his first computer and is gulping down every fringe theory on you tube like a person who gulps...things...indiscriminately.
I had the link in my notepad so at least you guys appreciate it.

#235    s33ker

s33ker

Remote Viewer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 562 posts

• Believe anything until proven otherwise, otherwise believe nothing until proven.

Posted 09 May 2013 - 02:28 AM

It amazes me that the responses you get when not applicable
Let me explain : anyone can research on a computer , you need only look at the photos to see their doctored.  I love them because they are the best clearest (HD) one's I've seen.
Also do you not understand the word fanasty?

#236    JesseCuster

JesseCuster

Secret Jesus

• 3,004 posts

Posted 09 May 2013 - 02:33 AM

I was merely commenting on the photos themselves, not saying anything about you.  Sorry if it came out otherwise.

#237    DONTEATUS

DONTEATUS

Forum Divinity

• 17,404 posts

Posted 09 May 2013 - 02:54 AM

Oh come on people ! Look up at the Moon some clear night ! Do you See any Bases ? Any Mc-ee Dee`s ? Landing Strips.Opp`s they dont need no stinkin Landing Strips. Theres already our B.B.Q place and Bar up there I bet theres at least a Stripers Pole in that place ?
Cant beat the Little green Alien Shows we have. And the B.B.Q is to Die for ! Just Ask psyche101 ,sweetpumper,badeskov`s , And I will bet you money that our Great and Departed Mid is Looking down on this and just laughing his Moon off ! :tu:

This is a Work in Progress!

#238    psyche101

psyche101

Conspiracy Realist

• 31,114 posts

Posted 09 May 2013 - 03:17 AM

View PostArchimedes, on 09 May 2013 - 12:43 AM, said:

Posted Image

:w00t: :tu:

Awesome, I had not heard that one at all! I am bookmarking that one!

Have you seen "Iron Sky" by any chance?

#239    psyche101

psyche101

Conspiracy Realist

• 31,114 posts

Posted 09 May 2013 - 03:19 AM

View PostEsoteric Toad, on 09 May 2013 - 01:57 AM, said:

Wouldn't it be interesting if you could put up a web page, get enough traffic immediately and post completely innocuous, and unmodified images from the moon, mars and other planets/moons with extraordinary headings like "Alien Base found on <insert planetary body here> !!" just to see how many times they get posted on other woo-woo sites?

If you leave a link at the Icke forums, you would be a big hit pretty quickly I reckon.

Any money to be made? I want in if so. :devil:

Edited by psyche101, 09 May 2013 - 03:19 AM.

#240    psyche101

psyche101

Conspiracy Realist

• 31,114 posts

Posted 09 May 2013 - 03:22 AM

View PostArchimedes, on 09 May 2013 - 12:34 AM, said:

Oh dear. Someone wasn't even trying when they doctored those photos.  A quick Google reveals that there are a whole bunch of similar photos which were affected by mold (edit: or at least that's what someone theorised, but it's clearly not something on the moon itself).  Someone then doctored some of those photos to make it look like the mold was something artificial on the moon by Photoshopping out the mold that appeared either not on the moon itself or on the dark part of the moon.

Here's what you get when you increase the brightness and contrast to bring out what's (not very well) hidden in the dark areas of the image.  You can see the tell-tale marks of someone brushing out areas which would have revealed mold on the dark side of the moon.

For comparison, other flawed moon photos which are clearly not artificial structures on the moon:

Good find :tu:

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users