Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * * * 1 votes

Destruction of Hell

• Please log in to reply
55 replies to this topic

#16    Mr Walker

Mr Walker

Forum Divinity

• 19,354 posts

• Sometimes the Phantom leaves the jungle, and walks the streets of the city like an ordinary man.

Posted 20 April 2013 - 02:44 AM

View Postmarkprice, on 19 April 2013 - 01:01 AM, said:

This made me wonder if hell could ever be destroyed.

The idea of using a "nuke" is obviously ridiculous considering much of hell is a firestorm etc.--they would probably enjoy that--but I have heard hell would be destroyed eventually. Something about casting hell into a lake of fire seems possible, but then the lake of fire would be hell, right? I don't think God destroys energy and the energy of evil balances the divine, so that would be more of a method of containment.  I'm not sure of the biblical details so I wonder if hell is destroyed when earth is destroyed. There will be a new heaven and a new earth and then the new hell will be a lake of fire?
  Biblically, Hell does not exist as an external place now. Biblically all evil will be destroyed when the new earth is created; so hell and any denizens therein cannot exist after that time,

The most likely biblical singular truth is that humans create heaven and hell in this world by their choices. And/ or  as an alternative possibilty the banishment of satan and a third of the angels who defied god, to EARTH, has transformed this planet into a form of hell for many people.

After death according to the bible we all sleep in our graves until the  resurrection and judgement days. The damned then face the second death, in which their body and self awareness is destroyed, while the saved are restored to their edenic form to live on the new earth, reconnected physically and spiritually with god. There is no hell in the new earth (or beyond it) when you read the physical description of it in revelations.

Edited by Mr Walker, 20 April 2013 - 02:50 AM.

You are a child of the universe, no less than the trees and the stars; you have a right to be here. And whether or not it is clear to you, no doubt the universe is unfolding as it should.

Therefore be at peace with God, whatever you conceive Him to be, and whatever your labors and aspirations, in the noisy confusion of life keep peace with your soul.

With all its sham, drudgery and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world..

Be cheerful.

Strive to be happy.

#17    Ehrman Pagels 1

Ehrman Pagels 1

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,479 posts

Posted 20 April 2013 - 03:03 AM

View Posttruthseekerforall, on 20 April 2013 - 01:34 AM, said:

so folks all you can do is create your HEAVEN for heaven resides within the choices you MAKE!
Some scholars did mention that God gave the nations of the world over to the authority of the seventy top-ranking fallen angels (or sons of God). Therefore, we (still) have a choice (I agree) to give our hearts to Jesus Christ. There must be a reason why Israel is still in the picture. Just a thought. Peace.

#18    libstaK

libstaK

Nosce Te Ipsum

• 7,178 posts

• Hello Reality and all that is True
    When Oxymoron was defined it was just for you

Posted 20 April 2013 - 03:10 AM

View PostPhilangeli, on 19 April 2013 - 07:25 PM, said:

Hell is a spiritual state you may willingly descend into.
If you don't want to go there, clean up your life.

It's not really a question of destroying it - rather, one of avoiding it.
Or not creating our personal versions of it.

"I warn you, whoever you are, oh you who wish to probe the arcanes of nature, if you do not find within yourself that which you seek, neither shall you find it outside.
If you ignore the excellencies of your own house, how do you intend to find other excellencies?
In you is hidden the treasure of treasures, Oh man, know thyself and you shall know the Universe and the Gods."

Inscription - Temple of Delphi

#19    White Crane Feather

White Crane Feather

Seeker79

• 12,999 posts

• Potter: " is this real or is this in my mind?"

Dumbledore: " Of course it's in your mind....., but that dosn't mean it's not real."

Posted 20 April 2013 - 04:48 AM

I suppose if hell is a physical place it's probably on another planet. In this case, you could find a way to Manuver a black whole into its system. Mabey inject its star with a stellar core fragment of condensed iron. But there might be many hellish planets out there. Certainly some resemble the popular image of hell.

"I wish neither to possess, Nor to be possessed. I no longer covet paradise, more important, I no longer fear hell. The medicine for my suffering I had within me from the very beginning, but I did not take it. My ailment came from within myself, But I did not observe it until this moment. Now I see that I will never find the light.  Unless, like the candle, I am my own fuel, Consuming myself. "
Bruce Lee-

#20    markprice

markprice

what

• 3,767 posts

Posted 20 April 2013 - 11:00 PM

View PostMr Walker, on 20 April 2013 - 02:44 AM, said:

Biblically, Hell does not exist as an external place now. Biblically all evil will be destroyed when the new earth is created; so hell and any denizens therein cannot exist after that time,

The most likely biblical singular truth is that humans create heaven and hell in this world by their choices. And/ or  as an alternative possibilty the banishment of satan and a third of the angels who defied god, to EARTH, has transformed this planet into a form of hell for many people.

After death according to the bible we all sleep in our graves until the  resurrection and judgement days. The damned then face the second death, in which their body and self awareness is destroyed, while the saved are restored to their edenic form to live on the new earth, reconnected physically and spiritually with god. There is no hell in the new earth (or beyond it) when you read the physical description of it in revelations.

Then the biblical hell must be inside the earth:

"The sorrows of hell compassed me about; the snares of death prevented me;" (2 Samuel 22:6).

And earth must be cast into the lake of fire to destroy hell.

And death and hell were cast into the lake of fire. This is the second death" (Revelation 20:14).

This is getting shilly - Math

#21    Ehrman Pagels 1

Ehrman Pagels 1

Psychic Spy

• 1,479 posts

Posted 20 April 2013 - 11:59 PM

View Postmarkprice, on 20 April 2013 - 11:00 PM, said:

"The sorrows of hell compassed me about; the snares of death prevented me;" (2 Samuel 22:6).

And death and hell were cast into the lake of fire. This is the second death" (Revelation 20:14).
You forgot to include this:  "But the children of the kingdom shall be cast out into outer darkness: there shall be weeping and gnashing of teeth. [ Matthew 8:12]" Outer darkness = Void, perhaps? Therefore, hell is a conscious state of torment, not just a location. As I have mentioned earlier, the Book of Revelation provokes controversy. Not all Christians believe it; however almost all believe in the Book of Daniel.

Peace.

#22    Mr Walker

Mr Walker

Forum Divinity

• 19,354 posts

• Sometimes the Phantom leaves the jungle, and walks the streets of the city like an ordinary man.

Posted 21 April 2013 - 01:06 AM

View Postmarkprice, on 20 April 2013 - 11:00 PM, said:

The lake of fire seems to appear after armagedon, when satan etc surender to god/christ. All evil is consumed in this, from fallen angels, satan, the beast, and those humans not saved for eternal life. The smoke from this arises in an "unending pillar". This refers to its height, not its duration, as obviously the fire  and smoke ceases  before the new earth is reformed or recreated.

It is the end point of present existence, and allows the transformation into the new earth and a new time, where the lamb lies down with the lion; death, decay, pain   and suffering, no longer exist, and all evil is removed. The old earth is definitely consumed by fire as a cleansing process, from which the new earth arises phoenix- like in its new form. These  are the literal words of revelations, and thus of the bible, for those who take the bible's words literally.

I find another sort of truth evident in these words. The fire of god cleanses and transforms the soul of man and creates within him (as an individual) a new being; no longer tainted by the forces which cause evil pain and suffering in mankind. Such a man/woman, is "ready for heaven" and able to reconnect spiritually and physically with god.

Ps in my understanding via literary "deconstruction" of the nature of the bible, its writers and its writing, Daniel and revelation were written to be deliberately linked. Ie revelation was written deliberately as a text following on from Daniel. They contain linkages, repetitions and connections. They are also the two most significant books of prophecy in the bible.

Edited by Mr Walker, 21 April 2013 - 01:11 AM.

You are a child of the universe, no less than the trees and the stars; you have a right to be here. And whether or not it is clear to you, no doubt the universe is unfolding as it should.

Therefore be at peace with God, whatever you conceive Him to be, and whatever your labors and aspirations, in the noisy confusion of life keep peace with your soul.

With all its sham, drudgery and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world..

Be cheerful.

Strive to be happy.

#23    Timonthy

Timonthy

Placid

• 2,208 posts

Posted 21 April 2013 - 01:24 AM

Did you guys know that hell has a games lobby in the basement? Hitler is down there playing bocce as I type!

Anyway I'm sure he wouldn't appreciate a nuke being detonated down there, at least not until he finishes his game...

Posted Image

#24    Sundew

Sundew

Poltergeist

• 2,508 posts

• Sic Gorgiamus Allos Subjectos Nunc

Posted 21 April 2013 - 03:16 AM

The imagery of hell originates from a dump outside of ancient Jerusalem where garbage, waste and possibly the bodies of criminals were burned. Into a valley garbage was thrown over the side of a ravine into what was basically a fire pit, where It constantly smoldered, burned and gave off noxious black smoke.

Hell may or may not be a place of burning, but in Luke 16:24 it says of a man in hell, "Father Abraham, have pity on me and send Lazarus to dip the tip of his finger in water and cool my tongue, because I am in agony in this fire." In context, this was a parable of Jesus about two men, one righteous and one not and the fate that each met after death. Jesus always seems to draw his parables from real life events, unlike say Aesop who would use things like talking animals in his wisdom fables. If you hold that Jesus was God in human form and therefore knows all, past, present and future, then this could indeed represent a real event, just not one happening on earth.

Others say that if someone dies without God in their sins, then the worst of human traits follows that person into eternity and may manifest itself with greater intensity as the ages roll by. Therefore the fire may also burn within and not only without. If you magnify hate, greed, lust, fear, and so forth to an infinite degree, all without the hope of ever coming into God's presence or of even having available even one act of love, mercy, kindness, etcetera, then that is hell indeed. In the same parable Abraham talks to the lost soul and says Lazarus cannot come to the man's aid because there is a great gulf or chasm between the places where the two men now reside and neither can cross to the other.

Hell seems to be a temporary place like a holding area until God's final judgment on the lost, when hell itself is thrown into the Lake of Fire as outlined in the book of Revelations.

#25    Beany

Beany

Government Agent

• 3,789 posts

• If music is the most universal language just think of me as one whole note. Nikki Giovanni

Posted 21 April 2013 - 05:52 AM

View PostDarkwind, on 19 April 2013 - 04:53 PM, said:

I destroyed hell a long time ago, I don't believe in it.

I don't think hell exists any other place except here on this planet, in people's minds, by their thoughts, actions & beliefs. Same with heaven. For me, they're not physical locations, but states of mind. I'm here to celebrate the gift of life, not atone for it.

Edited by Beany, 21 April 2013 - 05:55 AM.

#26    markprice

markprice

what

• 3,767 posts

Posted 21 April 2013 - 08:43 PM

View PostMr Walker, on 21 April 2013 - 01:06 AM, said:

The lake of fire seems to appear after armagedon, when satan etc surender to god/christ. All evil is consumed in this, from fallen angels, satan, the beast, and those humans not saved for eternal life. The smoke from this arises in an "unending pillar". This refers to its height, not its duration, as obviously the fire  and smoke ceases  before the new earth is reformed or recreated.

Then the lake of fire would have to be the earth's core and something like a volcano forming the pillar of smoke.

It is the end point of present existence, and allows the transformation into the new earth and a new time, where the lamb lies down with the lion; death, decay, pain   and suffering, no longer exist, and all evil is removed. The old earth is definitely consumed by fire as a cleansing process, from which the new earth arises phoenix- like in its new form. These  are the literal words of revelations, and thus of the bible, for those who take the bible's words literally.

Removed or destroyed?

Ps in my understanding via literary "deconstruction" of the nature of the bible, its writers and its writing, Daniel and revelation were written to be deliberately linked. Ie revelation was written deliberately as a text following on from Daniel. They contain linkages, repetitions and connections. They are also the two most significant books of prophecy in the bible.

John was a trained adept; Danial was more of a natural mystic (is that right). All of the symbolism has esoteric meaning and some say nothing to do with the end of the world. As an esoteric allegory from genesis to revelations it composes a form of initiation into a more advanced state of human/divine consciousness. Within that is the phenomena of hell. If all evil is burned out or removed it would still have to exist if heaven was to continue to exist. But there may be a new heaven (another bible detail I'm not clear on) so some sort of new hell...that is if we accept the balance of energy theory.

#27    markprice

markprice

what

• 3,767 posts

Posted 21 April 2013 - 09:07 PM

Also, the following quotes make it clear that the lake of fire will never end, according to the bible. I'm still thinking the new hell is the lake of fire.

“Then he will say to those on his left, ‘Depart from me, you cursed, into the eternal fire prepared for the devil and his angels.[Matthew 25:41]

And the devil who had deceived them was thrown into the lake of fire and sulfur where the beast and the false prophet were, and they will be tormented day and night forever and ever.[revelations 20:10]

#28    hellig heilige

hellig heilige

Astral Projection

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 645 posts

Posted 21 April 2013 - 09:52 PM

View Postmarkprice, on 21 April 2013 - 08:43 PM, said:

John was a trained adept; Danial was more of a natural mystic (is that right). All of the symbolism has esoteric meaning and some say nothing to do with the end of the world. As an esoteric allegory from genesis to revelations it composes a form of initiation into a more advanced state of human/divine consciousness. Within that is the phenomena of hell. If all evil is burned out or removed it would still have to exist if heaven was to continue to exist. But there may be a new heaven (another bible detail I'm not clear on) so some sort of new hell...that is if we accept the balance of energy theory.
You read too many New Age books. I have no problem with that as long as you don't put you theories in a Christian context. Read things about the gods, Enki and Elohim.

Matthew 5:20   
"For I tell you that unless your righteousness surpasses that of the Pharisees and the teachers of the law, you will certainly not enter the kingdom of heaven".

#29    Ehrman Pagels 1

Ehrman Pagels 1

Psychic Spy

• 1,479 posts

Posted 21 April 2013 - 10:32 PM

View Postmarkprice, on 21 April 2013 - 09:07 PM, said:

Also, the following quotes make it clear that the lake of fire will never end, according to the bible. I'm still thinking the new hell is the lake of fire.

“Then he will say to those on his left, ‘Depart from me, you cursed, into the eternal fire prepared for the devil and his angels.[Matthew 25:41]

And the devil who had deceived them was thrown into the lake of fire and sulfur where the beast and the false prophet were, and they will be tormented day and night forever and ever.[revelations 20:10]

Hello markprice,

The River of Fire is nothing new. Have you read the Book of Daniel? The Bible never said anything about the immortality of the soul. If you believe in Christ (with all of your heart), you will have eternal life -- BIG DIFFERENCE. The River of Fire is for the evil sons of God...one day. There's so much to say, and I agree with euroninja that you have a lot of reading to do.

As I mentioned in one of my videos, the prince of evil has control of this whole world. Guess who's doing quite an extensive propaganda since the fall of man?

“Do not be afraid of those who kill the body but cannot kill the soul. Rather, be afraid of the One who can destroy both soul and body in hell.” MATTHEW 10:28

"There is only one Lawgiver and Judge, the one who is able to save and destroy. But you--who are you to judge your neighbor?" JAMES 4:12

Peace.

#30    hellig heilige

hellig heilige

Astral Projection

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 645 posts

Posted 22 April 2013 - 02:53 AM

View Postmarkprice, on 19 April 2013 - 10:00 PM, said:

Like the braveone, I had a void experience recently--not sure about his details--and there was nothing willing about it. It was a total loss of gravity in spinning darkness; as I rushed downward I thought: this is that damned tunnel to hell again and I've been there and done that so I decided to stop by finding sort of a vertical compass. It was like pushing my feet down against the walls of a tube until I stopped. I snapped out of it but then my life fell apart a month later with blood-clot-paralysis etc.

I would never willingly do that.
Sounds more like you had a nightmare and a stroke. Sorry to hear that.

Matthew 5:20   
"For I tell you that unless your righteousness surpasses that of the Pharisees and the teachers of the law, you will certainly not enter the kingdom of heaven".

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users