Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * * * 2 votes

Great Pyramids VS Egyptian Pyramids

• Please log in to reply
579 replies to this topic

#271    Lilly

Lilly

Forum Divinity

• 17,207 posts

• "To thine own self be true" William Shakespeare

Posted 05 May 2013 - 11:51 AM

Don't make the discussion personal. Stick to discussing the subject matter. Personal remarks/digs do not help support anyones argument.

"Ignorance is ignorance. It is a state of mind, not an opinion." ~MID~

Posted Image

#272    The_Spartan

The_Spartan

Spartan Forever!!!!

• 3,739 posts

• Gravity is Arbitrary!!

Posted 05 May 2013 - 12:01 PM

View PostThe_Spartan, on 05 May 2013 - 09:28 AM, said:

And pray do tell, what is  the basis of this statement?
When you have a architectural style, you revise, you introduce more detials, you try to prefect the design.
There is no regression in a desgin, but only progression.
For example, do you live in caves now?
No. You have advanced from the cave man dwellings and live in high rises and constructed buildings.
Thats progression and not regression.

Now.
I didnt state that "you" are a caveman.
Our ancestors were all cavemen.
We progressed from living in caves to huts and graduating to high rises  and constructed structures much more advanced than caves.
I have not attacked you personally.
If you cant understand a comparison or a modern similie, its your problem. Not understanding what i am stating, is the reason that you are lowering yourself to a level to think that it was a ad hominem attack.
No. it isnt.
My apologies if you felt that it was personal.
Stick to debating the topic.

"Wise men, when in doubt whether to speak or to keep quiet, give themselves the benefit of the doubt, and remain silent.-Napoleon Hill

Follow my stupid posts on Tumblr at Azrael's Ramblings

#273    The_Spartan

The_Spartan

Spartan Forever!!!!

• 3,739 posts

• Gravity is Arbitrary!!

Posted 05 May 2013 - 12:05 PM

If you read about the chronology of the Pyramids, it is evident from the records in forms of hieroglyphics, paintings and engravings about the pharaohs they are connected to.

Keeping aside the fringe belief that the great Pyramids are older than the other pyramids, following the timeline of the Pyramids, the step pyramid, the bent pyramid, the red/North pyramids were built, and later culminating in the proper Pyramidal shape of the GP.

Other than fringe theories, do you have any records, dated reports and analysis done to prove your point?

"Wise men, when in doubt whether to speak or to keep quiet, give themselves the benefit of the doubt, and remain silent.-Napoleon Hill

#274    Sheep Smart

Sheep Smart

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 340 posts

• Im so happy I bleed it.

Posted 05 May 2013 - 12:09 PM

View PostThe_Spartan, on 05 May 2013 - 12:01 PM, said:

Now.
I didnt state that "you" are a caveman.
Our ancestors were all cavemen.
We progressed from living in caves to huts and graduating to high rises  and constructed structures much more advanced than caves.
I have not attacked you personally.
If you cant understand a comparison or a modern similie, its your problem. Not understanding what i am stating, is the reason that you are lowering yourself to a level to think that it was a ad hominem attack.
No. it isnt.
My apologies if you felt that it was personal.
Stick to debating the topic.

thanks. same here.

and if it helps i think youre much better looking than Carlton.

Other than fringe theories, do you have any records, dated reports and analysis done to prove your point?
uhhh no. just my own eyes and the images of the subjects themselves. what more proof need be? i dont believe half the so called theories out there on history.

I may be wrong but im pretty sure in the court of U.S. law, images of broken, mishandled, hurt, bruised subjects are pretty considerable to be evidence.

Edited by Sheep Smart, 05 May 2013 - 12:12 PM.

Other life in the universe?, you dare to imply there are entities possibly far greater than us almighty humans, creators of canned ham and reality tv. Nonsense. Absurd.

The reality that stupidy exists in abundance doesnt bother me. Its the fact that theres still no cure.

#275    The_Spartan

The_Spartan

Spartan Forever!!!!

• 3,739 posts

• Gravity is Arbitrary!!

Posted 05 May 2013 - 12:10 PM

Gentleman, i suggest you stick to debating the topic and not whether i look like carlton (who ever the hell he is) or not.

#276    Sheep Smart

Sheep Smart

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 340 posts

Posted 05 May 2013 - 12:17 PM

View PostThe_Spartan, on 05 May 2013 - 12:10 PM, said:

Gentleman, i suggest you stick to debating the topic and not whether i look like carlton (who ever the hell he is) or not.
I agree.
I shamefully (though somewhat in attempt to flatter) called The Spartan a Carlton. It is not bad. He is a great American actor. Like John Wayne.

Other life in the universe?, you dare to imply there are entities possibly far greater than us almighty humans, creators of canned ham and reality tv. Nonsense. Absurd.

The reality that stupidy exists in abundance doesnt bother me. Its the fact that theres still no cure.

#277    The_Spartan

The_Spartan

Spartan Forever!!!!

• 3,739 posts

• Gravity is Arbitrary!!

Posted 05 May 2013 - 12:43 PM

I am following my own quote. Zips my mouth.

#278    third_eye

third_eye

_ M Ġ ń Ř Ī Ş_

• 8,862 posts

• "Legio nomen mihi est, quia multi sumus"

God has no religion ~ Mahatma Gandhi

Posted 05 May 2013 - 12:59 PM

Well ... that was ... shall I dare say it ... uhmmm ... Interesting ... ?

~

third_eye ' s cavern ~ bring own beer

~

#279    Lilly

Lilly

Forum Divinity

• 17,207 posts

• "To thine own self be true" William Shakespeare

Posted 05 May 2013 - 01:21 PM

Ok people, let's let it be...we're all good looking adorable people!

Back to discussing the subject at hand (in a civil/polite manner).

"Ignorance is ignorance. It is a state of mind, not an opinion." ~MID~

Posted Image

#280    Sheep Smart

Sheep Smart

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 340 posts

Posted 05 May 2013 - 08:50 PM

View PostThe_Spartan, on 05 May 2013 - 12:43 PM, said:

I am following my own quote. Zips my mouth.
im somewhat offended that you changed your picture in attempt to disassociate yourself from carlton.  again my sincerest apologies.

will you kindly accept this olive branch ?

#281    The_Spartan

The_Spartan

Spartan Forever!!!!

• 3,739 posts

• Gravity is Arbitrary!!

Posted 05 May 2013 - 09:45 PM

lol. No . I prefer to have a display pic matching my user name.

I should be coming up with a retort, but why stoke the fire, since you are a not a person who can understand common forum deocrums or etiquette.
So, as i said before, No comments.
And i would prefer you to stick to the debate.

#282    kmt_sesh

kmt_sesh

Non-Corporeal Being

• 8,121 posts

Posted 05 May 2013 - 11:04 PM

View PostSheep Smart, on 05 May 2013 - 12:09 PM, said:

uhhh no. just my own eyes and the images of the subjects themselves. what more proof need be? i dont believe half the so called theories out there on history.

With respect, what you "believe" is irrelevant. The fact that you do not find favor with prevailing academic theories does not affect or alter the legitimacy and veracity of those theories one bit. If you do not regard academia's conclusions as correct, the only thing that matters is for you to produce verifiable and properly analyzed evidence to prove that academia's conclusions are wrong. One's personal opinions don't matter if the evidence is not properly understood or addressed in the first place.

For example, to provide an open-ended question I would ask: do you understand what was happening in Egypt later in the Old Kingdom, what the status of the government was, the changes in the socio-political environment kings of Dynasty 5 and Dynasty 6 were facing? Why the pyramids of these last two dynasties in the Old Kingdom were considerably smaller is no mystery, when the situation is studied in the proper context. I don't think you're familiar with the proper context in the first place. Looking at photos of pyramids is not exactly a useful way to approach the situation—it's a hell of a lot more complicated than that.

The_Spartan brought up very valid points. Are you well versed in the evolution of pyramid building? It's not as though pyramids all of a sudden just popped up. Spartan listed several pyramids in the chain of royal monument building leading up to Giza, but there were also unfinished pyramids such as Sekhemkhet's that must be likewise considered. Moreover, proper analysis of Sneferu's three pyramids at Meidum and Dashur clearly show how Khufu borrowed from his father's architectural and engineering features when he set down to erect the Great Pyramid. In actuality there is very little about the engineering principles of the Great Pyramid that one would call "unique." It's just larger.

Are you familiar with some of the science that has been applied to the Old Kingdom monuments? Carbon dating of them conducted in two different analyses has confirmed that these monuments date to the periods conventional historians has always thought, although it's possible monuments like the Great Pyramid might be around a century older than conventionally thought. Nothing surprising there. Now, I don't know to be honest if you're trying to argue that the Giza pyramids are significantly older than conventionally believed, so I don't want to put words in your mouth. However, if you are promoting this, science has already answered the question.

Also, have you studied the pyramids of the Middle Kingdom, specifically Dynasty 12? They're not much larger (if at all) than most of the smaller pyramids of Dynasty 5 and Dynasty 6, and yet there were significant changes in the state religion by this time and the cultural overall was undergoing developments. Are you familiar with this period and what was going on? The smaller pyramids of Dynasty 12 certainly have nothing to do with a weaker period because Egypt of the Middle Kingdom was a much wealthier and stabler state than Egypt of the Old Kingdom. Several Dynasty 12 kings, especially Senusret III, were significantly more powerful than Khufu had been, and yet they didn't erect pyramids as large as Khufu's—although they certainly could have, if they so wished.

You have to address these situations with a much more concerted effort in understanding what was going on historically and culturally.

Posted Image
Words of wisdom from Richard Clopton:
For every credibility gap there is a gullibility fill.

Visit My Blog!

#283    Sheep Smart

Sheep Smart

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 340 posts

Posted 06 May 2013 - 12:09 AM

I think my sarcasm has gone out of style Ill try to adapt.

I happen to have this. my apologies for the link bold but it was forwarded this way.

[left] It is quite extensive but nonetheless worth the read .

disreguard the above link, click the one here,

http://www.google.co....45960087,d.dmg

Edited by Sheep Smart, 06 May 2013 - 12:24 AM.

#284    cormac mac airt

cormac mac airt

Telekinetic

• 7,747 posts

Posted 06 May 2013 - 12:15 AM

View PostSheep Smart, on 06 May 2013 - 12:09 AM, said:

I think my sarcasm has gone out of style Ill try to adapt.

I happen to have this. my apologies for the link bold but it was forwarded this way.

PQ, CANADA MAY 20 -24, 2007

Link doesn't work.

cormac

The city and citizens, which you yesterday described to us in fiction, we will now transfer to the world of reality. It shall be the ancient city of Athens, and we will suppose that the citizens whom you imagined, were our veritable ancestors, of whom the priest spoke; they will perfectly harmonise, and there will be no inconsistency in saying that the citizens of your republic are these ancient Athenians. --  Plato's Timaeus

#285    Sheep Smart

Sheep Smart

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 340 posts

Posted 06 May 2013 - 12:22 AM

I   corrected it.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users