Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Woman snaps photo of ghost on cellphone

• Please log in to reply
19 replies to this topic

#1    Ohelemapit

Ohelemapit

My freestyle rapping career didn't work out, so I came back

• 6,293 posts

• The illegitimate love-child of Strategy and Creativity. Sex God, Entrepreneur, Super Hero, Rapper, Table Dancer.

Posted 20 April 2013 - 09:45 AM

A Texan woman received a spooky surprise when she realised she'd unknowingly taken a picture of a ghost on her smart phone.

Marcella Davis of Cleveland, was trying to take a picture of her nephew outside his school when he turned away and asked her to stop snapping.

But later, when her daughter looked through the photos on her cellphone, she called her mother's attention to a ghostly apparition lurking in the background wearing a light pink Seventies style suit.

View: Read more

Posted Image

#2    JesseCuster

JesseCuster

Secret Jesus

• 3,796 posts

Posted 20 April 2013 - 02:32 PM

A 'ghost' pic from the Daily Mail.

Wow, what a surprise.

"The first principle is that you must not fool yourself and you are the easiest person to fool." - Richard P. Feynman

"If people put enough excrement in one pile they think they can safely claim that there must be something other than excrement in a pile that big." - stereologist

#3    Brian Topp

Brian Topp

Dynamic Interactions Coordinator Of Paradoxes.

• 3,091 posts

Posted 20 April 2013 - 06:02 PM

OMG the dailymail.co.uk is a factial resource for news, Them doing an article about some one using a ghost app and pretending it is real? NO, the dailymail.co.uk would NEVER do that.

/Sarcasim off

It is easier to claim it is paranormal than taking the hard route to find out what really happened.

#4    freetoroam

freetoroam

Honourary member of the UM asylum

• 10,289 posts

• If you didn't see it with your own eyes, or hear it with your own ears, don't invent it with your small mind and share it with your big mouth!

Posted 20 April 2013 - 06:10 PM

I know that man!! didn`t he play in Saturday Night Fever?

Edited by freetoroam, 20 April 2013 - 06:16 PM.

#5    Midyin

Midyin

Extraterrestrial Entity

• PipPipPip
  • 432 posts

Posted 22 April 2013 - 03:21 PM

There's a place in Glen Richey PA called "Bloody knocks". The place is an old log cabin from back in the Civil War times, and was the location of a massacre of a bunch of deserters by the northern army.

I've gone there a few time both in the day and at night and snapped as manny pictures as I could, but never caught a ghost yet... :(

#6    BiffSplitkins

BiffSplitkins

Vertically Challenged

• 7,608 posts

• We all have a song inside us, it tells us who we are.

'John Doeber' fellow musician

Posted 22 April 2013 - 03:36 PM

The only scary thing about this is on the zoomed in photo... The woman on the far right... what the hell is she wearing?

"The problem with internet quotes is that you cant always depend on their accuracy" -Abraham Lincoln, 1864

Posted Image

#7    coldethyl

coldethyl

~☆~Public Animal #9~☆~

• 16,381 posts

• ~*★*~Engine of destruction~*★*~

Posted 22 April 2013 - 07:49 PM

Anyone else get distracted by the stories on the right?  I'll spend half an hour looking at celebrities bums and forget why the heck I'm there.

#8    Shiloh17

Shiloh17

The Last.

• Closed
  • 2,584 posts

Posted 24 June 2013 - 09:16 AM

Looks like he wasn't  "Stayin Alive"

#9    Rafterman

Rafterman

Telekinetic

• 7,409 posts

Posted 24 June 2013 - 10:52 AM

How did I know it was Daily Mail before I even clicked on it?

I think I'll go post this in the psychic section.

"For me, it is better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring."
                                                                                                                                           - Carl Sagan, The Demon-Haunted World:  Science as a Candle in the Dark

#10    Still Waters

Still Waters

Deeply Mysterious

• 43,363 posts

• Sometimes it's better to keep the mystery unexplained.

Posted 24 June 2013 - 12:08 PM

View PostBrian Topp, on 20 April 2013 - 06:02 PM, said:

OMG the dailymail.co.uk is a factial resource for news, Them doing an article about some one using a ghost app and pretending it is real? NO, the dailymail.co.uk would NEVER do that.

/Sarcasim off

View PostRafterman, on 24 June 2013 - 10:52 AM, said:

How did I know it was Daily Mail before I even clicked on it?

I think I'll go post this in the psychic section.
This hasn't come from the Daily Mail as such. If you read the article you'll see it was sourced from The Houston Chronicle.

http://www.chron.com...p#photo-4484434

Posted Image

#11    Skeptic Chicken

Skeptic Chicken

Astral Projection

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 651 posts

Posted 24 June 2013 - 01:46 PM

The fact that it was taken on a cell phone made me worry for its legitimacy.

My User Name is a loving memory of how much I want to know about the worlds secrets, that I forgot to look up the definition of "skeptical" before I made my account.

#12    JesseCuster

JesseCuster

Secret Jesus

• 3,796 posts

Posted 24 June 2013 - 08:19 PM

View PostStill Waters, on 24 June 2013 - 12:08 PM, said:

This hasn't come from the Daily Mail as such. If you read the article you'll see it was sourced from The Houston Chronicle.

http://www.chron.com...p#photo-4484434
A fair point.

But you can't blame us for the reaction when the original link is to a story in the Daily Mail.  They have a well earned reputation for ghost stories backed up with either dubious or provably faked photos.  It's a case of the boy who cried wolf.  If they ever do post or link to a genuine photo of a ghost, no-one will believe them.

"The first principle is that you must not fool yourself and you are the easiest person to fool." - Richard P. Feynman

"If people put enough excrement in one pile they think they can safely claim that there must be something other than excrement in a pile that big." - stereologist

#13    Still Waters

Still Waters

Deeply Mysterious

• 43,363 posts

• Sometimes it's better to keep the mystery unexplained.

Posted 25 June 2013 - 12:53 PM

View PostJesseCuster, on 24 June 2013 - 08:19 PM, said:

A fair point.

But you can't blame us for the reaction when the original link is to a story in the Daily Mail.  They have a well earned reputation for ghost stories backed up with either dubious or provably faked photos.  It's a case of the boy who cried wolf.  If they ever do post or link to a genuine photo of a ghost, no-one will believe them.
Granted, the Daily Mail does seem to have a reputation, but all too often articles get dismissed out of hand just because it's from the Daily Mail no matter what the topic's about. They often source other sites for their articles, but that part gets overlooked.

Posted Image

#14    project-reveal

project-reveal

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 242 posts

Posted 25 June 2013 - 03:00 PM

nothing much interesting here to see.. :(
I have seen and got much better sent in ghost photos.

Add your Ghost Sightings, Videos, Pictures, Venue Reviews, Equipment reviews, and more! Ghost Sightings Database

Main Website www.project-reveal.com

Official Paranormal magazine http://paranormal-magazine.com

#15    IronAlchemist

IronAlchemist

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 29 June 2013 - 05:32 PM

It's a really faint picture, and I don't get why some ghost showing up near what looks like a factory in a pink 70's suit.
Just putting that out there.  -_-

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users