Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

What is the strangest thing you have ever

• Please log in to reply
123 replies to this topic

#31    TwilightSilver

TwilightSilver

Paranormal Investigator

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 800 posts

Posted 31 May 2013 - 04:30 AM

(sorry i hit send on my phone prematurely)

- on it. The stone stood about a foot out of the ground and I couldn't move it. After I aged and gained knowledge, the only way I could describe the writings, is that they seemed similar to viking runes only slightly different. My grandparents have sense passed so I can no longer go back there without permission. I'd love to find that stone again...

"I'm struggling to say what I want to... but you hurt my brain so much with your nonsense..."

Quote of the week: "When are people going to learn? The rapture is like a health inspection. They don't anounce when they're coming, otherwise you could let things go all year and clean everything up right before they come. The plan is to catch you off guard, so they can see what state things are kept in an on going basis." - ZeddKnite

#32    keninsc

keninsc

Poltergeist

• Closed
  • 3,234 posts

• The problem with people who have no vices is that generally you can be pretty sure they're going to have some pretty annoying virtues. Liz Taylor

Posted 31 May 2013 - 05:46 AM

Wow, that's cool. Closest thing to that I've ever seen is when I was hiking near Prescott, AZ. There are a number of hiking trails where you can find all sorts of petroglyphs from thousands of years ago. All sorts of funky symbols that no one really knows what they means. I recall looking at many of them and just wishing I could know what the person who made the symbols was trying to communicate across the vastness of time.

....but finding one like you did, well that just way cool.

#33    TwilightSilver

TwilightSilver

Paranormal Investigator

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 800 posts

Posted 31 May 2013 - 06:56 AM

Thanks Kenin! It was very strange. I still remember where I went to find it. I'd love to be able to go back and find it. It was not in an area where some random kids would pull a prank either. There could be some sort of historical value to it. Saratoga does have a lot of native american background...

"I'm struggling to say what I want to... but you hurt my brain so much with your nonsense..."

Quote of the week: "When are people going to learn? The rapture is like a health inspection. They don't anounce when they're coming, otherwise you could let things go all year and clean everything up right before they come. The plan is to catch you off guard, so they can see what state things are kept in an on going basis." - ZeddKnite

#34    keninsc

keninsc

Poltergeist

• Closed
  • 3,234 posts

• The problem with people who have no vices is that generally you can be pretty sure they're going to have some pretty annoying virtues. Liz Taylor

Posted 31 May 2013 - 07:09 AM

Oh that reminds me, I was watching this archaeological documentary back in the nineties and they'd found this old shrine that everyone had log forgotten about. Anyway, they found this elaborate secondary shrine that had all sorts of old writing on it. No one could figure out what it said or what it was so they put a huge amount of efforts in trying to figure out what language and what dialect and when they figured it all out they sent for a top guy in that language to come. He arrives they show it to him, he let's out this big laugh. The Translation? "Chin was here".

I had to laugh.

#35    TwilightSilver

TwilightSilver

Paranormal Investigator

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 800 posts

Posted 31 May 2013 - 07:12 AM

Haha wouldn't it be funny if the stone said somethig similar? "Train is gone. Eat at Joes". ;)

#36    Stardrive

Stardrive

Resident Bass Guitarist

• 3,275 posts

Posted 31 May 2013 - 04:47 PM

View Post.Betta, on 30 May 2013 - 09:54 PM, said:

What?? lol :hmm:
It's part of a post in the Smith & Wesson forum. Source

If you don't want to look at crypto site databases, you can find unofficial recountings in forums like these.

Posted Image

#37    scowl

scowl

Government Agent

• Closed
  • 4,111 posts

Posted 31 May 2013 - 05:59 PM

Oh, this reminded me of something. About twenty years ago I and few friends were at the end of a hike (the sun was setting) in Eastern Oregon. As we got around a hill, we all thought we saw a domed building at the top of a hill silhouetted against the sky. It was perfectly round at the top. It didn't make sense but we all saw it. Maybe it was some kind of rock formation? We all agreed at camp that we were going to go back in the morning and find a way to get up there and figure out what it was.

But, the next day it wasn't there, nor was there anything on that hill that could explain what we thought we had seen. All we saw were trees. It may have been a strange cloud behind the hill.

#38    JesseCuster

JesseCuster

Secret Jesus

• 3,802 posts

Posted 31 May 2013 - 07:48 PM

A couple of years ago while hiking through a wooded area that I've visited many times since I was a kid, I found this stone circle formation.  No clue of its age or meaning.  Surprised I never saw it before, or at least don't remember seeing it when I was there as a kid.

Posted Image

Edited by Archimedes, 31 May 2013 - 08:01 PM.

"The first principle is that you must not fool yourself and you are the easiest person to fool." - Richard P. Feynman

"If people put enough excrement in one pile they think they can safely claim that there must be something other than excrement in a pile that big." - stereologist

#39    scowl

scowl

Government Agent

• Closed
  • 4,111 posts

Posted 31 May 2013 - 10:16 PM

View PostArchimedes, on 31 May 2013 - 07:48 PM, said:

A couple of years ago while hiking through a wooded area that I've visited many times since I was a kid, I found this stone circle formation.  No clue of its age or meaning.  Surprised I never saw it before, or at least don't remember seeing it when I was there as a kid.

Posted Image

It looks like Spinal Tap ordered a Stonehenge prop but got the measurements wrong.

#40    JesseCuster

JesseCuster

Secret Jesus

• 3,802 posts

Posted 31 May 2013 - 11:28 PM

View Postscowl, on 31 May 2013 - 10:16 PM, said:

It looks like Spinal Tap ordered a Stonehenge prop but got the measurements wrong.
Yeah, it's pretty much like a budget version of Stonehenge.  Like a bunch of druids decided to have their own stone circle for worship but couldn't be bothered with putting in much effort.

"The first principle is that you must not fool yourself and you are the easiest person to fool." - Richard P. Feynman

"If people put enough excrement in one pile they think they can safely claim that there must be something other than excrement in a pile that big." - stereologist

#41    TwilightSilver

TwilightSilver

Paranormal Investigator

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 800 posts

Posted 02 June 2013 - 08:25 AM

Gonna head up to Saratoga and see if I can get permission this week. Kenin bolstered my resolve on this. Don't worry guys. I'm determined to deliver unlike some folk on here. ;-)

#42    keninsc

keninsc

Poltergeist

• Closed
  • 3,234 posts

Posted 02 June 2013 - 09:24 AM

Good luck to you man. Take some pictures and share then with us.

#43    TwilightSilver

TwilightSilver

Paranormal Investigator

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 800 posts

Posted 02 June 2013 - 08:21 PM

View PostArchimedes, on 31 May 2013 - 07:48 PM, said:

Posted Image

That's really neat. I wonder what the site was used for?

#44    ouija ouija

ouija ouija

undead

• 13,362 posts

Posted 02 June 2013 - 08:54 PM

I have no stories of my own but this song is spooky and very beautiful :)

Edited by ouija ouija, 02 June 2013 - 09:33 PM.

What, in all the world, could I do to earn my living and still live as myself, as I knew myself to be? Temporary masks, I knew, had their place; everyone was wearing them, they were the human rage; but not masks cemented in place until the wearer could not breathe and was eventually suffocated.

#45    DieChecker

DieChecker

I'm a Rogue Scholar

• 23,867 posts

• Hey, I'm not wrong. I'm just not completely right.

Posted 02 June 2013 - 09:48 PM

One thing I remember from when I was like 10 or 11 was walking uphill along a trail along a deep ravine with creek in the bottom, and on the other side, on a cliff top was a white stag, with a full rack. Maybe a 8+ point buck. When I hoofed it around to where I could cross and returned to the spot, it was gone. This was in the middle of the day too.

Another thing we (My brothers and friends) found was multiple cars buried in the hillsides in a couple spots. From the doorhandles and other items, we guessed that the cars were from the 1920s. We suspect that loggers back in the day just pushed the cars into ravines when they stopped working and silt covered them up and the springs moved into a new coarse. We spend hundreds of hours digging up those cars. Found thousands of small artifacts. Even found some old logger ax heads, picks and hammers.

Another thing we found was a deposit of red lava cinder. It was about the size of a car and there was no way it was brought into the woods. It maybe was from some gigantic eruption, like Mt Mazama that created Crater Lake.

Here at Intel we make processors on 12 inch wafers. And, the individual processors on the wafers are called die. And, I am employed to check these die. That is why I am the DieChecker.

At times one remains faithful to a cause only because its opponents do not cease to be insipid. - Friedrich Nietzsche

Qualifications? This is cryptozoology, dammit! All that is required is the spirit of adventure. - Night Walker

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users