Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Why did Mary Magdalene become the leader?

• Please log in to reply
39 replies to this topic

#1    laver

laver

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,204 posts

Posted 20 April 2013 - 07:09 PM

The bible says that the male disciples left and denied Jesus when the going got rough and it was Mary who took over and directed them back to Galilee to a mountain chosen by Jesus where he gave his instructions  and talked about the 'end of time'.(Matthew 28). Why was Mary the first witness and messenger of Christ at this crucial time and did it relate to her name as 'of Magdala' (Migdal) a location next to the most prominent mountain of the area...Mount Arbel? Was Mary part of the message guiding us to this ancient sacred location? and why?

#2    jjphere

jjphere

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 63 posts

Posted 21 April 2013 - 11:58 AM

Mary Magdalene has a very important role in directing the disciples to see the fact that
the Master has risen from the dead and will soon meet them again in Galilee. Sometimes
the critical role is not played by the head disciple, or the pope or the senior evangelist, but by one of
the least, even someone perhaps put down as not a first class citizen of the
kingdom.

#3    third_eye

third_eye

_ M Ġ ń Ř Ī Ş_

• 6,861 posts

• "Legio nomen mihi est, quia multi sumus"

God has no religion ~ Mahatma Gandhi

Posted 21 April 2013 - 12:11 PM

.... first class citizen of the kingdom ....?

' ... life and death carry on as they always have ~ and always will, only the dreamer is gone ~ behind the flow of imagination, beyond any effort to be still
dancing in the ebb and flow of attention, more present than the breath, I find the origins of my illusions, only the dreamer is gone ~ the dream never ends
'

GIFTS WITH NO GIVER - a love affair with truth ~ Poems by Nirmala

third_eye ' s cavern ~ bring own beer

#4    freetoroam

freetoroam

Honourary member of the UM asylum

• 6,441 posts

• If you didn't see it with your own eyes, or hear it with your own ears, don't invent it with your small mind and share it with your big mouth!

Posted 21 April 2013 - 01:09 PM

I do not have a clue, but have heard the Jewish women can take the reins.

In an ideal World a law would be passed were NO guns were allowed and all those out there destroyed, trouble is the law makers are not going to take a risk of trying to pass that without making sure they are armed first.

#5    third_eye

third_eye

_ M Ġ ń Ř Ī Ş_

• 6,861 posts

• "Legio nomen mihi est, quia multi sumus"

God has no religion ~ Mahatma Gandhi

Posted 21 April 2013 - 01:13 PM

THe Magdalene isn't just 'any' woman to JC

' ... life and death carry on as they always have ~ and always will, only the dreamer is gone ~ behind the flow of imagination, beyond any effort to be still
dancing in the ebb and flow of attention, more present than the breath, I find the origins of my illusions, only the dreamer is gone ~ the dream never ends
'

GIFTS WITH NO GIVER - a love affair with truth ~ Poems by Nirmala

third_eye ' s cavern ~ bring own beer

#6    freetoroam

freetoroam

• 6,441 posts

• If you didn't see it with your own eyes, or hear it with your own ears, don't invent it with your small mind and share it with your big mouth!

Posted 21 April 2013 - 01:23 PM

View Postthird_eye, on 21 April 2013 - 01:13 PM, said:

my husband says the same thing about me.
Posted Image

In an ideal World a law would be passed were NO guns were allowed and all those out there destroyed, trouble is the law makers are not going to take a risk of trying to pass that without making sure they are armed first.

#7    Spiral staircase

Spiral staircase

Breaking

• 3,607 posts

• Such an ugly feeling that won't leave.

Posted 21 April 2013 - 04:25 PM

Many times when men create wars and bring destruction to all sides it is frequently the women who upon conclusion are the ones who rebuild, take care of who and what needs to be taken care of, and so this is no surprise.

Indeed the females were the ones who stood by Christ's side until his last breath at the crucifixion and it was a female whom Christ first chose to reveal himself too after resurrection.

I would never consider the role that women play in our world as being insignificant and likewise I would not consign them to being "one of the least" by pure virture of their gender.

Women are my equals and co-heirs.

#8    laver

laver

Psychic Spy

• 1,204 posts

Posted 21 April 2013 - 06:46 PM

View Postthird_eye, on 21 April 2013 - 01:13 PM, said:

The more we hear the more it becomes clear that this is true... he loved her more than all the others... and discussed with Mary things that he did not discuss with the other followers which caused problems. At the crucial moment, for Christianity, she became the leader and told the others what to do which they did; they went to a mountain in Galilee to a mountain meeting place that had been prearranged by Christ and Mary no doubt. And where was this mountain in Galilee ? at a location that is still associated with Mary, Magdala/Migdal next to Mount Arbel

#9    freetoroam

freetoroam

• 6,441 posts

Posted 21 April 2013 - 07:20 PM

View Postlaver, on 21 April 2013 - 06:46 PM, said:

The more we hear the more it becomes clear that this is true... he loved her more than all the others... and discussed with Mary things that he did not discuss with the other followers which caused problems. At the crucial moment, for Christianity, she became the leader and told the others what to do which they did; they went to a mountain in Galilee to a mountain meeting place that had been prearranged by Christ and Mary no doubt. And where was this mountain in Galilee ? at a location that is still associated with Mary, Magdala/Migdal next to Mount Arbel
There is a thread about Jesus possibly being a women, do you think maybe this is why they were so close because they were both women and hence the reason why they discussed things among themselves instead of with men?

Please note, i do not believe Jesus was a woman, just asking a question. :innocent:

#10    laver

laver

Psychic Spy

• 1,204 posts

Posted 21 April 2013 - 09:50 PM

View Postfreetoroam, on 21 April 2013 - 07:20 PM, said:

There is a thread about Jesus possibly being a women, do you think maybe this is why they were so close because they were both women and hence the reason why they discussed things among themselves instead of with men?

Please note, i do not believe Jesus was a woman, just asking a question. :innocent:
No I don't think Jesus was a woman but in a partnership with Mary Magdalene and they seem to have had objectives related to much earlier spiritual beliefs . If you look at the accounts of Jesus he was not of his time and hence very unpopular with the Jerusalem hierarchy. The account of Jesus and the Samaritan woman at the well near Shechem (John 4 1:42) makes this clear and is worth a read.

#11    White Unicorn

White Unicorn

Astral Projection

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 718 posts

Posted 22 April 2013 - 12:20 AM

Jesus was a Jew, not of the Pharasee but still a Jew.  I ponder the mystical symbology of the bride and groom in messiah prophesies.

Jesus and Mary Magdelene

I would guess that that he represents the King or bridegroom on earth. There were several messiahs or annointed prophet or kings of God but the Messiah in the Kingdom to Come involved two, the long suffering one that comes to bring divine mercy and love of his father and the "youth and old man" one at the end of days, The ancient one that comes back to judge the world and makes perfect the Kingdom for the humble, righteous and faithful after the times of  judgement when the lion lies down with the calf sort of prophesies.The Holy Sparks of the Soul are redeemed and brought together to what they were before their fall from grace

Jews back then called the femine aspect of God the Shekinah which we call the Holy Spirit.

Every Sabbath celebrates the unity of man with the Shekinah which is represented as being brought down to a man with his wife in a sacred marriage, which in turn brings righteous souls to the world to help rectify the world from evil.
The Shekinah had 3 forms
represented by the Mourning Woman in Black.  This is when the Jewish people are in exile but she is with them, she is exposed to evil in the world and is sometimes scorned. (Can be like a divorced rejected woman who becomes vulnerable to prostitution.)  
The Dove is considered White and Red (like blood)   this is the Holy Spirit that descends into the evil material world with Love and Mercy guidance and forgiveness.
The Bride is White and prepared and she becomes Pure when she is married to the Bridegroom who also becomes King .

It's all more or less describing the Kingdom when the Holy Sparks of the  Soul of "Israel" are reunited as One, after their redemption. The World to Come  brings the Kingdom to earth which redeems all the world from the evil caused by sins of the body and spirit. We walk with God as Adam and Eve did before their "fall".

When you look at the symbology, it's no mystery to the importance of Mary Magdelene's role in ancient prophesy.

#12    Spiral staircase

Spiral staircase

Breaking

• 3,607 posts

• Such an ugly feeling that won't leave.

Posted 22 April 2013 - 01:52 AM

^

That was really beautiful to read.

#13    MasterFlint

MasterFlint

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 72 posts

Posted 22 April 2013 - 05:53 AM

He got it from the Zohar I believe....

Since someone innocently brought up the question of whether Jesus was a woman (which he isn't!) , it reminded me that in all the unexplained bleeding of Jesus statues, whenever the blood was tested by scientists it was always found to be female blood...  Which was odd, but I think it makes sense when you remember that Jesus was born of his Virgin Mother, therefore he only had human female  blood/genetics.....

Edited by MasterFlint, 22 April 2013 - 05:54 AM.

#14    conspiracy buff

conspiracy buff

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 158 posts

Posted 22 April 2013 - 10:19 AM

Most theologians will dismiss Mary Magdalene because of traditional dogma taught for years in Christianity.  These long standing beliefs have not always been in touch with history nor reality.  Even most biblical scholars will tell you it is highly unusual for a man of Jesus' age in that time period to NOT have been married and even have possibly had kids.  I think between what the accepted cannon of the Bible implies and the gnostic rejected gospels report, it is highly likely that Mary Magdalene and Jesus were indeed common law husband and wife or actually married.  Although that is not the most approved of scenario, it is probably the more realistic one.  That would explain why Mary was always near Jesus and why she over the other disciples took over Jesus' ministry.

There is a grain of truth in every conspiracy known to man, you just have to be intelligent enough to find it.

#15    MasterFlint

MasterFlint

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 72 posts

Posted 22 April 2013 - 10:36 AM

View Postconspiracy buff, on 22 April 2013 - 10:19 AM, said:

Most theologians will dismiss Mary Magdalene because of traditional dogma taught for years in Christianity.  These long standing beliefs have not always been in touch with history nor reality.  Even most biblical scholars will tell you it is highly unusual for a man of Jesus' age in that time period to NOT have been married and even have possibly had kids.  I think between what the accepted cannon of the Bible implies and the gnostic rejected gospels report, it is highly likely that Mary Magdalene and Jesus were indeed common law husband and wife or actually married.  Although that is not the most approved of scenario, it is probably the more realistic one.  That would explain why Mary was always near Jesus and why she over the other disciples took over Jesus' ministry.

There's nothing anywhere, including in the gnostic gospels, that actually points to Jesus being married or having children, only a line or two that has made people wonder, not a single piece of scripture states it or even implies it!

If Jesus was a normal man and not God he probably would have been married, but he wasn't married.  I think the latter Doctrine of the Apostle Paul clearly helps illustrate that the early Church KNEW Jesus had not been married, Paul is the first to preach that it is better for a Christian NOT to be married at all!!!  Although other parts of the New Testament state that any man of authority in the Church SHOULD  be married (and to one woman only) to demonstrate he can run his own household and is trustworthy in running the church/ministry.........I think that if the early Apostles like Paul had known that Jesus (who they believe is God) was married they probably would have mandated that EVERYONE HAD to be married when they came of age in order to be more like Christ.  To suggest it be better for one not to be married and give yourself fully to God, when God himself supposedly couldn't go through this world without being married would be ridiculas....

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users