Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

Floating above bed

• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

#1    bltwmcki

bltwmcki

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 20 April 2013 - 08:47 PM

Ok I've been a fan of this site for years but never actually posted before. Just wondering if any of you had experienced something similar.  It started when I was probably around 5 or 6 years old and lasted around a year I'd say.  Im in my mid 30's now but i've always remembered the experiences clearly.  Occasionally if I couldnt get to sleep I'd walk through to my parents room and jump into bed between them as it always seemed to help me sleep.  But EVERY time I'd do this I'd wake up in the early hours and be lying just a few inches below the ceiling in their bedroom.  The ceiling in their room was patterned with a plaster effect and i'd literally be able to see every detail.  But I would not be able to move, only open my eyes.  Then I'd slowly feel my body falling and when I re-entered my actual body then I'd be able to move, I'd actual get a strange wave of tingles as I'd sink back into my own body. Obviously I dont think I was levitating, I suppose thinking back it could have been an 'out of body' experience, but sleep paralysis seems to also tie in with me not being able to move, but that wouldnt explain how i'd be flat level next to the ceiling when my eyes would open. It actually got to the point where I knew once I opened my eyes where I'd be in relation to the bed. Anyone out there had a similar experience as a child or any ideas to explain it?

#2    notforgotten

notforgotten

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,093 posts

• One day I saw my doppelganger and someone in heaven revealed to me that I had been cloned by aliens.

Posted 20 April 2013 - 10:59 PM

Yes, you had an out of body experience. You needn't doubt it with sleep paralysis. Your story is a classic example of an out body experience.

#3    bltwmcki

bltwmcki

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 21 April 2013 - 09:26 AM

Thanks 'notforgotten', thats's where my thoughts were heading, although why I'd project myself just 5ft above my body puzzles me, but at least I can say I've experienced it.  I should add when I said I could feel myself enter my body again and it felt tingly, there was also a feeling of my stomach going, the feeling you get on a rollercoaster when going down hill, that was always the worst part for me and I would brace myself waiting for that feeling, once that passed then I would be able to move. Anyway it's not happened for around 30 years so it looks like I've lost the ability.  Maybe I should try sleeping in between my parents again as that seemed the trigger for it, I'm sure I'd get some funny looks from them though! Lol

#4    FlyingAngel

FlyingAngel

Psychic Spy

• 1,520 posts

Posted 21 April 2013 - 01:37 PM

View Postbltwmcki, on 21 April 2013 - 09:26 AM, said:

Maybe I should try sleeping in between my parents again as that seemed the trigger for it, I'm sure I'd get some funny looks from them though! Lol
No... as notforgotten mentioned, it's OBE. There's a thread in this forum that guide you how to achieve it.

#5    Rafterman

Rafterman

Telekinetic

• 7,409 posts

Posted 23 April 2013 - 03:26 PM

View Postbltwmcki, on 20 April 2013 - 08:47 PM, said:

Ok I've been a fan of this site for years but never actually posted before. Just wondering if any of you had experienced something similar.  It started when I was probably around 5 or 6 years old and lasted around a year I'd say.  Im in my mid 30's now but i've always remembered the experiences clearly.  Occasionally if I couldnt get to sleep I'd walk through to my parents room and jump into bed between them as it always seemed to help me sleep.  But EVERY time I'd do this I'd wake up in the early hours and be lying just a few inches below the ceiling in their bedroom.  The ceiling in their room was patterned with a plaster effect and i'd literally be able to see every detail.  But I would not be able to move, only open my eyes.  Then I'd slowly feel my body falling and when I re-entered my actual body then I'd be able to move, I'd actual get a strange wave of tingles as I'd sink back into my own body. Obviously I dont think I was levitating, I suppose thinking back it could have been an 'out of body' experience, but sleep paralysis seems to also tie in with me not being able to move, but that wouldnt explain how i'd be flat level next to the ceiling when my eyes would open. It actually got to the point where I knew once I opened my eyes where I'd be in relation to the bed. Anyone out there had a similar experience as a child or any ideas to explain it?

Textbook sleep paralysis - plain and simple.

If you ever have a sleep study done, the doctor will rattle off a series of "experiences" and ask you if you've ever had them - surprisingly, most if not all of them are talked about on this forum as having some kind of paranormal connection, when in fact it's fully understood by science as simply how I body/mind works during sleep.

Edited by Rafterman, 23 April 2013 - 03:27 PM.

"For me, it is better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring."
                                                                                                                                           - Carl Sagan, The Demon-Haunted World:  Science as a Candle in the Dark

#6    werewolflvr96

werewolflvr96

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 58 posts

• Always be a first rate version of yourself instead of a second rate version of somebody else.

Posted 23 April 2013 - 03:39 PM

usallly has to deal with the astral plane i bielieve :tu:

The exponential wanderer.

#7    scowl

scowl

Government Agent

• Closed
  • 4,111 posts

Posted 23 April 2013 - 05:48 PM

If it happens regularly, place a random card on top of a shelf where you can't normally see it. Don't look at the card. One of three things will happen.

1. You won't be able to see the card during your experience.
2. The card you see during your experience will not be the actual card.
3. You will stop having the experiences.

A cardiologist said that his patients often claimed to have "out of body experiences" when he operated on them. The reports happened so regularly that he put an object on a cabinet near the ceiling in the operating room and told his patients that if they have an experience during surgery to look over and remember what the object is.

Since then no patients have reported having an out of body experience during surgery.

#8    Godofcats

Godofcats

Remote Viewer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 541 posts

Posted 24 April 2013 - 01:39 AM

Awesome. I have had sleep paralysis many times. Something like that happen to me only once though. I woke up to an average sleep paralysis episode. I couldn't move and my eyes were closed and i felt like i was floating as usual. Only this time i somehow opened my eyes. I actully seen myself floating above me kind of tossing and turning in hyper speed. I finally woke up out of it and felt very creeped out. Most likely it was some illusions from the sleep paralysis but still thats one hell of a thing to see.

#9    WolvenHeart7

WolvenHeart7

Alien Abducter

• 4,616 posts

Posted 24 April 2013 - 02:54 AM

Like FlyingAngel said, Out of Body Experience..

#10    bltwmcki

bltwmcki

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 24 April 2013 - 09:29 AM

Thanks for all the replies guys it's certainly given some ideas to go off.  I wish when I was a child I'd had the forsight to think up a way to prove it, such as asking my parents to write something really small on the ceiling so that I would not be able to see until I was up there.  I've also put some thought into why it only happened whilst sleeping in their bed, im guessing I was probably a lot more relaxed or felt safer there so it allowed my body to experience what I experienced.  I should mention that I've had sleep paralysis maybe 3 times in my adult life, the classic 'waking up and not being able to move' so I do understand how this feels, but the experience as a child was very different to that, I never felt like I'd left my body when waking up in sleep paralysis, I just would not be able to move, the feeling of returning to my body as a child makes it (to me at least) a different experience altogther. I think I'll consider experimenting with meditation, if feeling safe and relaxed was the trigger then maybe it will happen again, fingers crossed anyway, any positive results I'll of course share them.

#11    scowl

scowl

Government Agent

• Closed
  • 4,111 posts

Posted 24 April 2013 - 04:59 PM

You can experience almost anything in a dream, but the experiences aren't real.

#12    FlyingAngel

FlyingAngel

Psychic Spy

• 1,520 posts

Posted 24 April 2013 - 05:58 PM

View Postscowl, on 24 April 2013 - 04:59 PM, said:

You can experience almost anything in a dream, but the experiences aren't real.
Experience is experience. What happened in the experience isn't real but the experience is real.

#13    Rafterman

Rafterman

Telekinetic

• 7,409 posts

Posted 24 April 2013 - 06:57 PM

View PostFlyingAngel, on 24 April 2013 - 05:58 PM, said:

Experience is experience. What happened in the experience isn't real but the experience is real.

Perhaps, but that in no way gives credence to the notion of out of body experiences, astral projection, etc.

"For me, it is better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring."
                                                                                                                                           - Carl Sagan, The Demon-Haunted World:  Science as a Candle in the Dark

#14    scowl

scowl

Government Agent

• Closed
  • 4,111 posts

Posted 25 April 2013 - 04:49 PM

View PostFlyingAngel, on 24 April 2013 - 05:58 PM, said:

-1000 Don't confuse hallucinations with reality.

#15    FlyingAngel

FlyingAngel

Psychic Spy

• 1,520 posts

Posted 25 April 2013 - 05:57 PM

View Postscowl, on 25 April 2013 - 04:49 PM, said:

-1000 Don't confuse hallucinations with reality.
I'm not. I didn't say hallucinations are real.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users