Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Author sees thylacine twice

• Please log in to reply
42 replies to this topic

#1    Ohelemapit

Ohelemapit

My freestyle rapping career didn't work out, so I came back

• 6,293 posts

• The illegitimate love-child of Strategy and Creativity. Sex God, Entrepreneur, Super Hero, Rapper, Table Dancer.

Posted 21 April 2013 - 08:23 AM

THE Tasmanian tiger appeared to Col Bailey for the second time in 1995, while he was taking a leak in the bush.
See your ad here

``It shot out of some ferns behind me - I thought it was a cattle dog at first,'' he said.

``But then I was face-to-face with the darn thing.''

Mr Bailey said an old bushman had told him exactly which part of the Weld River Valley he would find the fabled creature.

View: Read more

Edited by xsas, 21 April 2013 - 08:23 AM.

Posted Image

#2    MasterFlint

MasterFlint

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 83 posts

Posted 21 April 2013 - 09:03 AM

Good story and post...  I def believe the guy's story and believe the Tasmania tiger to still be out there somewhere as well, others have seen it too.  Very few and far between, but it has been spotted.  I think it's just become super elusive due to the extreme hunting it endured in the past..

#3    freetoroam

freetoroam

Honourary member of the UM asylum

• 7,511 posts

• If you didn't see it with your own eyes, or hear it with your own ears, don't invent it with your small mind and share it with your big mouth!

Posted 21 April 2013 - 10:00 AM

We get arrested for taking leeks in the bushes over here. This guy is lucky, sees a Tasmanian Tiger and gets to take a leek in peace.

In an ideal World a law would be passed were NO guns were allowed and all those out there destroyed, trouble is the law makers are not going to take a risk of trying to pass that without making sure they are armed first.

#4    MasterFlint

MasterFlint

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 83 posts

Posted 21 April 2013 - 10:30 AM

Well most places have decency laws, but unless someone was drunk and had their junk all visible, like if he was peeing directly onto a road or something while facing traffic, I don't think any right minded person over here would arrest them.  Sorry England sucks so much, the u.s. is becoming more and more oppressive like they are....

#5    Coffey

Coffey

Majestic 12 Operative

• 5,671 posts

• "Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts." - Winston Churchill

Posted 21 April 2013 - 10:57 AM

I hope it's true, it's sad to think they are extinct becuase of us humans.

View PostMasterFlint, on 21 April 2013 - 10:30 AM, said:

Well most places have decency laws, but unless someone was drunk and had their junk all visible, like if he was peeing directly onto a road or something while facing traffic, I don't think any right minded person over here would arrest them.  Sorry England sucks so much, the u.s. is becoming more and more oppressive like they are....

It's sad when you know what the US civil war was about, their lives were lsot for nothing now.

When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace.

#6    ash68

ash68

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 120 posts

• It doesn't matter what you think you are,but what you think,you are
    Celsus

Posted 21 April 2013 - 01:24 PM

Masterflint,we don't have oppressive laws here,we're probably the most liberal democracy in the modern world which is nothing to do with this subject so back to it,i'm with Coffey on this one,i sincerely hope it's true and should i ever get to Tasmania maybe i'll pee in the bush as this might be what attracted the devil in the first place

#7    freetoroam

freetoroam

• 7,511 posts

• If you didn't see it with your own eyes, or hear it with your own ears, don't invent it with your small mind and share it with your big mouth!

Posted 21 April 2013 - 01:37 PM

View Postashven, on 21 April 2013 - 01:24 PM, said:

should i ever get to Tasmania maybe i'll pee in the bush as this might be what attracted the devil in the first place
haha, sorry, had to laugh, hope your theory does not catch on! :blush:

In an ideal World a law would be passed were NO guns were allowed and all those out there destroyed, trouble is the law makers are not going to take a risk of trying to pass that without making sure they are armed first.

#8    moonshadow60

moonshadow60

Astral Projection

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 710 posts

• "There comes a time when you have to choose between turning the page or just closing the book"... James Wilson

Posted 21 April 2013 - 05:31 PM

Wow; from the picture on this site, they are strange and magnificent creatures.  Hope they stay hidden, wherever they are, and hope they thrive there.  I am afraid that since they have been seen and reported on, people will chase them down and destroy all the ones left in the wilds in order to "study" them.

#9    Yes_Man

Yes_Man

hi

• 8,258 posts

Posted 21 April 2013 - 06:06 PM

View PostCoffey, on 21 April 2013 - 10:57 AM, said:

I hope it's true, it's sad to think they are extinct becuase of us humans.

It's sad when you know what the US civil war was about, their lives were lsot for nothing now.
Wasn't the introduction of Dingos that influenced the decline?

#10    PersonFromPorlock

PersonFromPorlock

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,362 posts

• Few things do more harm than the belief that life should be Dramatic.

Posted 21 April 2013 - 06:14 PM

The soldier who saw everything twice nodded weakly and sank
back on his bed. Yossarian nodded weakly too, eyeing his talented
roomate with great humility and admiration. He knew he was in the
presence of a master. His talented roomate was obviously a person to
be studied and emulated. During the night, his talented roomate died,
and Yossarian decided that he had followed him far enough.
'I see everything once!' he cried quickly.

-Catch 22

Sorry, couldn't resist.

#11    GreenmansGod

GreenmansGod

Bio-Electric sentient being.

• 9,794 posts

• May the laughter ye give today return to thee 3 fold.

Posted 21 April 2013 - 06:35 PM

I hope it is true, like I hope the hearings of the Ivory Billed woodpecker in Georgia, USA are true.

"The moment you declare a set of ideas to be immune from criticism, satire, derision, or contempt, freedom of thought becomes impossible." Salman Rushdie

#12    Coffey

Coffey

Majestic 12 Operative

• 5,671 posts

• "Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts." - Winston Churchill

Posted 21 April 2013 - 07:28 PM

View PostThe New Richard Nixon, on 21 April 2013 - 06:06 PM, said:

Wasn't the introduction of Dingos that influenced the decline?

Not sure actually, I always thought farmers killed them off and Hunters.

From wikipedia:

Intensive hunting encouraged by bounties is generally blamed for its extinction, but other contributing factors may have been disease, the introduction of dogs, and human encroachment into its habitat.

Seems it's a few factors then. 3 of which where human though, maybe even disease was human fault.

When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace.

#13    Sundew

Sundew

Psychic Spy

• 1,771 posts

• Sic Gorgiamus Allos Subjectos Nunc

Posted 21 April 2013 - 09:12 PM

View Postfreetoroam, on 21 April 2013 - 10:00 AM, said:

We get arrested for taking leeks in the bushes over here. This guy is lucky, sees a Tasmanian Tiger and gets to take a leek in peace.

Why take just a leek when you can take the whole onion.

#14    freetoroam

freetoroam

• 7,511 posts

Posted 21 April 2013 - 09:15 PM

View PostSundew, on 21 April 2013 - 09:12 PM, said:

Why take just a leek when you can take the whole onion.
Posted Image

#15    Sundew

Sundew

Psychic Spy

• 1,771 posts

• Sic Gorgiamus Allos Subjectos Nunc

Posted 21 April 2013 - 09:40 PM

Perhaps more than any other extinct (or maybe not so extinct) animal, I feel badly for the Thylacine. The fact that it was driven from mainland Australia probably by the introduction of dingos, only to make it's last stand in Tasmania. There it ran afoul of ranchers who assumed that it was a major predator of their introduced sheep, whether or not this was the case, bounties were issued to kill them and thousands were hunted down. By the time the animals was given protected status there were none left in the wild and only one left in a zoo. It was thought so little of that its keepers left it outside unprotected on a freezing night and found it dead in the morning. It was unceremoniously dumped in the trash. Although it was illegal, before it's demise a few people kept them as pets and their comments were that the Thylacine combined the best traits of both dogs and cats. The fact that we have both photographs and even videos of these animals is a haunting reminder of our carelessness and lack of compassion for the natural world.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users