Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Could Jesus have been female ?

• Please log in to reply
70 replies to this topic

#31    Sir Wearer of Hats

Sir Wearer of Hats

Is not a number!

• 9,454 posts

Posted 23 April 2013 - 06:09 AM

View Postcatfromhell, on 21 April 2013 - 09:53 PM, said:

You know the meaning of the word drivel yet you still believe in Jesus?
I know the meaning to many words, use them in the most apposite moments and can even tie my own shoelaces.
and I believe in God.
I fail to see your point.

#32    BNDGK

BNDGK

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 169 posts

• "The world was hers for the reading"

Posted 23 April 2013 - 09:26 PM

View Postspud the mackem, on 22 April 2013 - 08:39 AM, said:

What a load of B.S.

Agreed... <_<

“Still round the corner there may wait, A new road or a secret gate,
And though I oft have passed them by,
A day will come at last when I, Shall take the hidden paths that run,
West of the Moon, East of the Sun.”

#33    nothinglizx2

nothinglizx2

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 115 posts

Posted 24 April 2013 - 05:59 AM

Im sorry, it's hard, but you struggle with your faith as we all do.  It's hard not to question the official New Testament and you wouldn't be wrong in doing so.  By the time of the Nicean counsil the Church had already been infiltrated, ransacked and sold out, lots of information that should be there is not there.  Whatever questions you have, bring them to God not expecting a specific answer and ask him to make it really apparent to you and he shall.  The truth of past gone and done is a secret rarely sung, but he who reveals all things, shall reveal he truly is the son.

#34    Ashyne

Ashyne

Believer Turned Sceptic

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,528 posts

Posted 24 April 2013 - 08:46 AM

Jesus was an alien and we do not know how many sexes do aliens have. They may be hermaphrodites.

Edited by Ashiene, 24 April 2013 - 08:47 AM.

Posted Image

#35    freetoroam

freetoroam

Honourary member of the UM asylum

• 6,492 posts

• If you didn't see it with your own eyes, or hear it with your own ears, don't invent it with your small mind and share it with your big mouth!

Posted 24 April 2013 - 10:56 AM

View PostAshiene, on 24 April 2013 - 08:46 AM, said:

Jesus was an alien and we do not know how many sexes do aliens have. They may be hermaphrodites.
It seems Pope Benedict knows.

In an ideal World a law would be passed were NO guns were allowed and all those out there destroyed, trouble is the law makers are not going to take a risk of trying to pass that without making sure they are armed first.

#36    MoorWalks

MoorWalks

My freestyle rapping career didn't work out, so I came back

• 6,293 posts

• The illegitimate love-child of Strategy and Creativity. Sex God, Entrepreneur, Super Hero, Rapper, Table Dancer.

Posted 24 April 2013 - 01:05 PM

Can't possibly be true.. Evidence shows him sitting at the table for the last supper, if he was female he would have been in the kitchen preparing it not jllying it up with the lads.. :w00t:    *Quickly runs from the on coming onslaught*

Posted Image

#37    Jeffertonturner

Jeffertonturner

Hero Squad

• 1,091 posts

• I may not be the smartest, or the best looking, or the most successful but...what was I saying? I'm depressed.

Posted 24 April 2013 - 01:20 PM

View Postxsas, on 24 April 2013 - 01:05 PM, said:

Can't possibly be true.. Evidence shows him sitting at the table for the last supper, if he was female he would have been in the kitchen preparing it not jllying it up with the lads.. :w00t:    *Quickly runs from the on coming onslaught*
Oh snap! :)

~Life goes by pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while -and do whatever you want all the time -you can miss it.~

#38    LEGIONS

LEGIONS

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 192 posts

• We never know how we look ,til we get our picture took

Posted 24 April 2013 - 05:24 PM

gender is not important perhaps god is a goddess ...the news that he brought to the seen was what this is about ...Sermon on the Mount and the like ...although I am considered Pagan by many I really do like the concepts of what she was saying

Posted Image

#39    Mnemonix

Mnemonix

Alien Abducter

• Closed
  • 4,720 posts

Posted 24 April 2013 - 08:01 PM

More than half the world knows his story, and not an original one at that as it is borrowed, we can say without dispute

That's all the important bits I need to know.

Just kidding... carrying on with the reading.

#40    Irrelevant

Irrelevant

Apparition

• Closed
  • PipPip
  • 357 posts

Posted 25 April 2013 - 02:41 AM

In respect to the op, not a chance.

#41    darkmoonlady

darkmoonlady

Psychic Spy

• 1,254 posts

• Get busy livin' or get busy dyin'-Shawshank Redemption/Life is a buffet and most poor suckers are starving to death-Auntie Mame

Posted 25 April 2013 - 03:40 AM

If Jesus were born of Mary and no earthly father then by scientific rules he would in fact have to be a she. Parthenogenesis occurs in a few species and when it does the offspring is always female because in a sense it is the clone of it's mother.

“The beauty of religious mania is that it has the power to explain everything. Once God (or Satan) is accepted as the first cause of everything which happens in the mortal world, nothing is left to chance …or change... logic can be happily tossed out the window. Religious mania is one of the few infallible ways of responding to the worlds vagaries, because it totally eliminates pure accident. To the true religious maniac, it’s ALL on purpose” – Stephen King, The Stand

#42    _Only

_Only

• 6,463 posts

• Did you ever grow anything in the garden of your mind? You can grow ideas, in the garden of your mind. - Mr. Rogers

Posted 25 April 2013 - 04:06 AM

View Postdarkmoonlady, on 25 April 2013 - 03:40 AM, said:

If Jesus were born of Mary and no earthly father then by scientific rules...

I missed the part where Mary was a plant/amphibian/invertebrate.

Let's try this idea out: it was a story.

I know, crazy, right?

I love to make mashups! Click here to hear!
I also love taking pictures! Click here to see!
I love to play drums, too! Whatever you do, don't click here!

#43    docyabut2

docyabut2

Poltergeist

• 3,034 posts

Posted 27 April 2013 - 02:25 AM

That article is really stupid, there is so much written about Jesus for him not to be real, and how many times in the bible Jesus was refered as he,  king of the Jews, ect, ect ect.

#44    Mikko-kun

Mikko-kun

Docking station

• 1,404 posts

Posted 27 April 2013 - 11:18 PM

I remember this one document where they claimed the original christianity was supposed to be based on some feminine earthly-god(dess) if I remember right, something about having that part changed to masculine and pathriarchal and patronizing "god kills you if you dont go church then satan eats you", around 400 after Christ. I'm sure someone with a clue with history knows what's that about, because I dont think it's a new idea if my memory serves right.

If the amount of writing about one single thing or personal opinions alone proved something, to one way or another, then I'd be a millionaire. But here I am.

I'll be gone.

#45    DieChecker

DieChecker

I'm a Rogue Scholar

• 16,326 posts

• Hey, I'm not wrong. I'm just not completely right.

Posted 29 April 2013 - 11:43 PM

I'm going ot side with "No". Because even as a boy, Jesus filled rolls that absolutely would not have been allowed for girls or women. Such as Rabbinical training, and entering the mens part of the Temple.

Let's think up other "intriguing" ideas....
-- Maybe Jesus was actually a gorilla?
-- Maybe Jesus was actually a cyborg?
-- Maybe Jesus was Japanese?
-- Maybe Jesus was a Time Lord?
-- Maybe Jesus was an automaton?

This idea is just as silly as those are...

And I do believe that Jesus never "Got with" Mary Mag....

Here at Intel we make processors on 12 inch wafers. And, the individual processors on the wafers are called die. And, I am employed to check these die. That is why I am the DieChecker.

At times one remains faithful to a cause only because its opponents do not cease to be insipid. - Friedrich Nietzsche

Qualifications? This is cryptozoology, dammit! All that is required is the spirit of adventure. - Night Walker

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users