Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Should Tamerlan be given an Islamic funeral?

• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

Poll: Tamerlan's funeral (17 member(s) have cast votes)

Should Tamerlan Tsarnaev be given an Islam funeral in accordance to their traditions?

1. Yes, he was a Muslim. (3 votes [17.65%])

Percentage of vote: 17.65%

2. Not if the Islamic community decides otherwise. (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

3. His wife should decide no matter what. (9 votes [52.94%])

Percentage of vote: 52.94%

4. Other; explain. (5 votes [29.41%])

Percentage of vote: 29.41%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1    Jessica Christ

Jessica Christ

jeanne d'arc, je te suivrai

• 3,612 posts
  • Location:Currently in the middle of this land called life, exit is here and near...

• It seems so important now but you will get over.
    -AF

Posted 21 April 2013 - 04:40 PM

Tamerlan Tsarnaev, Suspected Boston Bomber, May Not Get Islamic Funeral From Wary Muslims

http://www.huffingto..._n_3123798.html

The way some are putting politics ahead of their beliefs, at least that is the way it seems to me, is rather worrying and could set a precedent for the further politicizing of religion.

The lines were blurred enough as they were with extremists cofusing the two but now moderates are also willing to play politics with sacred beliefs.

I recall a wise piece of advice being given that we should give to Caesar what belongs to Caesar and give to God what belongs to God.

Are the many Muslim leaders who are now distancing themselves from performing ceremony giving to Caesar what belongs to God?

"He should be buried according to the religious tradition he adheres to. His case is with God. We can judge him as best we can according to the savage and insane actions he has done, but in the end, his soul is going to be brought before God," said Webb.

"I don't think I could ethically lead a prayer for him, but I would not stop people from praying upon him."

http://www.huffingto..._n_3123798.html

Just wanted to add, for those saying prayers, keep everyone in mind including his family.

Edited by Leave Britney alone!, 21 April 2013 - 04:41 PM.

#2    and then

and then

Abyssus Abyssum Invocat

• 15,222 posts

• Because what came before never seems enough...

Posted 21 April 2013 - 05:03 PM

His wife is his nearest kin.  She should decide how his remains are handled - what ceremony and such.  He apparently, according to video evidence, helped to kill innocents, including a child.  In my opinion he has received justice for his actions and that is the end of it for the public.

We've cast the world, we've set the stage,
  for what could be, the darkest age...
“This is like playing poker with a guy who cheated you twice before. You know who does that, a moron.

#3    freetoroam

freetoroam

Honourary member of the UM asylum

• 8,255 posts

• If you didn't see it with your own eyes, or hear it with your own ears, don't invent it with your small mind and share it with your big mouth!

Posted 21 April 2013 - 05:16 PM

No, the moment he killed innocent  people, sorry, but he is no longer the 'property' of his wife.
He should be buried in an unmarked grave.
If it was as a muslim that made him do the bombings, then his religious burial requirements  should not be respected. If as a muslim  he was against the western world, then why should the western world respect his religion.

Do NOT get this confused with other muslims, I am directing this at him and him alone, NOT muslim people in general.

I do not believe the wife has the right to make a claim on his body, too many innocent lives have been lost and they have to be thought of first!

In an ideal World a law would be passed were NO guns were allowed and all those out there destroyed, trouble is the law makers are not going to take a risk of trying to pass that without making sure they are armed first.

#4    and then

and then

Abyssus Abyssum Invocat

• 15,222 posts

• Because what came before never seems enough...

Posted 21 April 2013 - 05:22 PM

View Postfreetoroam, on 21 April 2013 - 05:16 PM, said:

No, the moment he killed innocent  people, sorry, but he is no longer the 'property' of his wife.
He should be buried in an unmarked grave.
If it was as a muslim that made him do the bombings, then his religious burial requirements  should not be respected. If as a muslim  he was against the western world, then why should the western world respect his religion.

Do NOT get this confused with other muslims, I am directing this at him and him alone, NOT muslim people in general.

I do not believe the wife has the right to make a claim on his body, too many innocent lives have been lost and they have to be thought of first!
I fail to see how respectfully interring his remains in a private way could harm them.  My point is that interfering with the grief of his family is just vindictiveness and it's unnecessary imo.

We've cast the world, we've set the stage,
  for what could be, the darkest age...
“This is like playing poker with a guy who cheated you twice before. You know who does that, a moron.

#5    freetoroam

freetoroam

• 8,255 posts

• If you didn't see it with your own eyes, or hear it with your own ears, don't invent it with your small mind and share it with your big mouth!

Posted 21 April 2013 - 05:34 PM

View Postand then, on 21 April 2013 - 05:22 PM, said:

I fail to see how respectfully interring his remains in a private way could harm them.  My point is that interfering with the grief of his family is just vindictiveness and it's unnecessary imo.
How the dead are sent 'off' is a very private affair to many and what happens to their souls means a big thing to many too, so if someone killed a member of my family, the thought that the killer would be buried to their own family wishes and beliefs would infuriate me.
Its not being vindictive, what is vindictive is the way he killed those innocent people and that should not be forgotten because of his wishes while he was alive.
I know his family must be grieving too, but I would hope that they are thinking of the innocent people he killed and their families before they think about what he would have wanted!! What his family wants is irrelevant and i do not mean that disrespectfully, but there are innocent families out there who are more important.

Personally I would be disgusted to think that one of my family members murdered innocent people and would not want anything to do with his body!

Edited by freetoroam, 21 April 2013 - 05:35 PM.

In an ideal World a law would be passed were NO guns were allowed and all those out there destroyed, trouble is the law makers are not going to take a risk of trying to pass that without making sure they are armed first.

#6    Ashotep

Ashotep

Telekinetic

• 7,738 posts

• Courage is being scared to death but saddling up anyway-John Wayne

Posted 21 April 2013 - 06:37 PM

While I hate what the man did he is dead now.  His family is alive and probably still can't figure out why he did this and are suffering for his crimes, so I think they should be able to bury him as they see fit.

#7    freetoroam

freetoroam

• 8,255 posts

Posted 21 April 2013 - 06:52 PM

View PostHilander, on 21 April 2013 - 06:37 PM, said:

While I hate what the man did he is dead now.  His family is alive and probably still can't figure out why he did this and are suffering for his crimes, so I think they should be able to bury him as they see fit.
Its a difficult one really, I can only say for how i would feel if a family member of mine did such a horrific thing to innocent people, no matter how close the family member might have been, I could not forgive them and personally would leave it to the people to decide, i would not want blood on my hands for taking responsibility for burying a murderer according to my or their wishes, I would  feel it was not my place.
Do not get  me wrong, i feel for the family, but not for their loss, but for their confusion of why their loved one did such a horrific thing, well, i would imaging and hope they would be asking that very question!.....as  the innocent victims families are.

Edited by freetoroam, 21 April 2013 - 06:54 PM.

#8    S2F

S2F

Bloodstained Hurricane

• 7,182 posts

• I know someday
    you'll have a beautiful life
    I know you'll be a sun
    In somebody else's sky
    But why can't it be mine? -Pearl Jam

Posted 21 April 2013 - 06:54 PM

It is not anyone's decision to make except his wife and the Islamic community. It's really not anyone else's concern. Freedom of religion still very much applies in America, unless something has changed?

"You want to discuss plausibility then you have to accept reality." -Mattshark

"Don't argue with an idiot. They'll drag you down to their level then beat you with experience." -Obviousman

You know... the plural of ``anecdote'' is not ``data''. Similarly, the plural of ``random fact'' is not ``mystical symbolism''. -sepulchrave

#9    freetoroam

freetoroam

• 8,255 posts

Posted 21 April 2013 - 06:56 PM

View PostSlave2Fate, on 21 April 2013 - 06:54 PM, said:

It is not anyone's decision to make except his wife and the Islamic community. It's really not anyone else's concern. Freedom of religion still very much applies in America, unless something has changed?
Freedom of religion is what the murderers took advantage of!!

What about the victims  and their beliefs?!! what about their freedom which has been so horrifically taken away from them?

Edited by freetoroam, 21 April 2013 - 06:58 PM.

#10    GreenmansGod

GreenmansGod

Bio-Electric sentient being.

• 10,463 posts

• May the laughter ye give today return to thee 3 fold.

Posted 21 April 2013 - 07:03 PM

Funerals are for those left behind not the dead.  If I was a family member, I would ask the rest of the family then do it quietly and quickly as possible. The state will be glad to cremate him.   I can't imagine going through losing a child or spouse like that. My heart brakes for his family.

"The moment you declare a set of ideas to be immune from criticism, satire, derision, or contempt, freedom of thought becomes impossible." Salman Rushdie

#11    Sakari

Sakari

Say it how it is

• 13,014 posts
  • Location:Safford, Arizona...My heart and soul are still on the Oregon Coast.

• Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

Posted 21 April 2013 - 07:03 PM

I picked other, explain......

First, we need to find the most insulting thing that can be done to a body of a dead " Islam ".  ( whatever religion a sick **** like this may be )

Something that would make them cringe.

Something they would not want to them when they pass.

Then do exactly that.

Edited by Sakari, 21 April 2013 - 07:04 PM.

Our Wolf's Memorial Page

http://petsupports.com/a04/sakari.htm

#12    S2F

S2F

Bloodstained Hurricane

• 7,182 posts

• I know someday
    you'll have a beautiful life
    I know you'll be a sun
    In somebody else's sky
    But why can't it be mine? -Pearl Jam

Posted 21 April 2013 - 07:05 PM

View Postfreetoroam, on 21 April 2013 - 06:56 PM, said:

Freedom of religion is what the murderers took advantage of!!

What about the victims  and their beliefs?!! what about their freedom which has been so horrifically taken away from them?

And an Islamic burial would infringe their rights how? Don't get me wrong, if the guy was still alive I'd send him to his maker myself however I'll not deny anyone their own methods of sending someone to final judgement. Somehow I don't think even Allah would look too favorably upon him. I'm willing to take the high ground here and not make this about one faith or another.

Edited by Slave2Fate, 21 April 2013 - 07:06 PM.

"You want to discuss plausibility then you have to accept reality." -Mattshark

"Don't argue with an idiot. They'll drag you down to their level then beat you with experience." -Obviousman

You know... the plural of ``anecdote'' is not ``data''. Similarly, the plural of ``random fact'' is not ``mystical symbolism''. -sepulchrave

#13    freetoroam

freetoroam

• 8,255 posts

Posted 21 April 2013 - 07:15 PM

View PostSlave2Fate, on 21 April 2013 - 07:05 PM, said:

And an Islamic burial would infringe their rights how? Don't get me wrong, if the guy was still alive I'd send him to his maker myself however I'll not deny anyone their own methods of sending someone to final judgement. Somehow I don't think even Allah would look too favorably upon him. I'm willing to take the high ground here and not make this about one faith or another.
if he has abused his faith to kill innocent people, as it appears the case, then he should not be buried according to it.
I know people are saying 'what about his "family", but what about all the other families too left behind now their loved ones have been taken away from them, you are right about lets not make this one faith or another so leave religion out of it! bury him in an unmarked grave with no religious ceremony!
Can`t believe his family seem to be so important here, yes as I said, I feel for them, BUT not for their lose, but for their confusion. If they bury him according to their religious wishes to me that is giving him the best send off they can, and that I can not comprehend, the best send off would be the last thing on my mind for him!

#14    awest

awest

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 89 posts

Posted 21 April 2013 - 08:05 PM

View Postand then, on 21 April 2013 - 05:03 PM, said:

His wife is his nearest kin.  She should decide how his remains are handled - what ceremony and such.  He apparently, according to video evidence, helped to kill innocents, including a child.  In my opinion he has received justice for his actions and that is the end of it for the public.
edit: keep conspiracies in the conspiracy section

As far as being given a muslim burial, even if he is guiltiy his body doesn't belong to the government, it belongs to the family.

Edited by Paranoid Android, 22 April 2013 - 01:17 AM.

#15    supervike

supervike

Alien Abducter

• 5,493 posts

Posted 21 April 2013 - 08:12 PM

Other:

Couldn't care less.  We cannot ask anymore justice than what has already been given.  Regardless of his way of burial, the stigma that he was a cowardly hypocritical killer remains.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users