Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Should Tamerlan be given an Islamic funeral?

• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

Poll: Tamerlan's funeral (17 member(s) have cast votes)

Should Tamerlan Tsarnaev be given an Islam funeral in accordance to their traditions?

1. Yes, he was a Muslim. (3 votes [17.65%])

Percentage of vote: 17.65%

2. Not if the Islamic community decides otherwise. (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

3. His wife should decide no matter what. (9 votes [52.94%])

Percentage of vote: 52.94%

4. Other; explain. (5 votes [29.41%])

Percentage of vote: 29.41%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#16    Avatar Samantha Ai

WE DO LOVE YOU

• 3,746 posts

• It seems so important now but you will get over.
    -AF

Posted 21 April 2013 - 08:15 PM

Great responses guys.

One angle to this is should the family's rights come before society's rights or vice verse. Should society dictate into the private affairs of the family. Funerals have always been considered such. If we as a society agree then it is just another encroachment into the family.

Are we truly willing to allow his funeral to be Westboroed, not just by them, but by us, do we really want to control their family's decision or get in the way of it so we can put our view in? That is exactly what Westboro does...

Edited by Leave Britney alone!, 21 April 2013 - 08:33 PM.

#17    lightly

lightly

metaphysical therapist

• 7,002 posts

• "The future ain't what it used to be"
    Yogi Berra

Posted 21 April 2013 - 09:09 PM

As others have said,  it's up to his family?   A lifeless body is beyond guilt or innocence.

Important:  The above may contain errors, inaccuracies, omissions, and other limitations.

#18    Sir Wearer of Hats

Sir Wearer of Hats

SCIENCE!

• 15,221 posts

Posted 21 April 2013 - 09:17 PM

He's dead.
Bury him and let God decide what happens to him next.

And bury him the way he wanted to be buried because it proves that we're/you're better human beings then he was because we understand respect.

I must not fear. Fear is the Mind-Killer. It is the little death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear.
I will permit it to pass over me and to move through me. And when it is gone I will turn the inner eye to see it's path.
When the fear is gone, there will be nothing. Only I will remain.

You may think you're cool, but you'll never be as cool as Peter Capaldi with an electric guitar, on a tank, playing the Doctor Who theme.

#19    Ashotep

Ashotep

Omnipotent Entity

• 9,993 posts

• Courage is being scared to death but saddling up anyway-John Wayne

Posted 21 April 2013 - 10:36 PM

View Postfreetoroam, on 21 April 2013 - 06:52 PM, said:

Its a difficult one really, I can only say for how i would feel if a family member of mine did such a horrific thing to innocent people, no matter how close the family member might have been, I could not forgive them and personally would leave it to the people to decide, i would not want blood on my hands for taking responsibility for burying a murderer according to my or their wishes, I would  feel it was not my place.
Do not get  me wrong, i feel for the family, but not for their loss, but for their confusion of why their loved one did such a horrific thing, well, i would imaging and hope they would be asking that very question!.....as  the innocent victims families are.
I imagine his family are feeling the same way and may not ever forgive him for what he did.  I don't think I could but I would bury him because he would still be my child or my husband.

#20    Paranoid Android

Paranoid Android

????????

• 28,287 posts

• Paranoid Android... *whaa--*

Posted 22 April 2013 - 01:32 AM

The family, as far as we know, were not involved in the bomb plot/s. Why should they be further punished then what they are likely feeling already. Funerals aren't for the dead, they're a way of finding closure for the living. When my father passed away in December, I know I felt a great sense of catharsis after the funeral ceremony, it felt like I truly said "good bye" to him (though I still miss him and every now and then still cry about it).

No matter what a person may have done, their family should not be punished for it. Tossing his body in an anonymous unmarked grave (as some have suggested), our worse, defiling the corpse in the worst way we can imagine (as one person suggested) is showing an incredible lack of empathy for the family who have done nothing wrong. It's rare times like this that I wish we did have a Dislike button, such callousness deserves nothing less (unfortunately such a feature would be abused if put into this forum).

I can't agree with the argument that those who died or were maimed in the attack deserve the Right to see his body desecrated. There is no logic to it.

~ Regards, PA

Edited by Paranoid Android, 22 April 2013 - 01:33 AM.

Posted Image

My blog is now taking a new direction.  Dedicated to my father who was a great inspiration in my life, I wish to honour his memory (RIP, dad) by sharing with the world what he had always kept to himself.  More details, http://www.unexplain...showentry=27811

#21    White Crane Feather

White Crane Feather

Seeker79

• 12,999 posts

• Potter: " is this real or is this in my mind?"

Dumbledore: " Of course it's in your mind....., but that dosn't mean it's not real."

Posted 22 April 2013 - 02:26 PM

View PostParanoid Android, on 22 April 2013 - 01:32 AM, said:

The family, as far as we know, were not involved in the bomb plot/s. Why should they be further punished then what they are likely feeling already. Funerals aren't for the dead, they're a way of finding closure for the living. When my father passed away in December, I know I felt a great sense of catharsis after the funeral ceremony, it felt like I truly said "good bye" to him (though I still miss him and every now and then still cry about it).

No matter what a person may have done, their family should not be punished for it. Tossing his body in an anonymous unmarked grave (as some have suggested), our worse, defiling the corpse in the worst way we can imagine (as one person suggested) is showing an incredible lack of empathy for the family who have done nothing wrong. It's rare times like this that I wish we did have a Dislike button, such callousness deserves nothing less (unfortunately such a feature would be abused if put into this forum).

I can't agree with the argument that those who died or were maimed in the attack deserve the Right to see his body desecrated. There is no logic to it.

~ Regards, PA
Not only that, it would provoke more violence and more people would get hurt, then more funerals, then more retribution.... On and on. Negative actions always breed more negative actions.

"I wish neither to possess, Nor to be possessed. I no longer covet paradise, more important, I no longer fear hell. The medicine for my suffering I had within me from the very beginning, but I did not take it. My ailment came from within myself, But I did not observe it until this moment. Now I see that I will never find the light.  Unless, like the candle, I am my own fuel, Consuming myself. "
Bruce Lee-

#22    Avatar Samantha Ai

WE DO LOVE YOU

• 3,746 posts

-AF

Posted 01 May 2013 - 07:53 AM

Amato DeLuca, the Rhode Island attorney for his widow, Katherine Russell, said in a statement Tuesday that his client had just learned that the medical examiner was ready to release Tsarnaev's body and that she wants it released to the Tsarnaev family.

http://www.huffingto..._n_3188958.html

#23    Avatar Samantha Ai

WE DO LOVE YOU

• 3,746 posts

-AF

Posted 13 May 2013 - 12:03 PM

Just an update. He was buried. Christians were involved. How nice.

Some are mad in the area he was buried at, including Muslims.

Well...I like to focus on the first sentence of this post, not the second one.

#24    Bavarian Raven

Bavarian Raven

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,905 posts

Posted 13 May 2013 - 02:51 PM

Burn his body and dump his ashes into the ocean - the fate of all murderers body's imho. :unsure2:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users