Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * - - - 3 votes

Seven Gates Of Hell, York, Pennsylvania

seven gates of hell 7 gates of hell urban legend myth legend

• Please log in to reply
29 replies to this topic

#1    Winchester_8

Winchester_8

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 29 posts

• I want to believe.

Posted 21 April 2013 - 10:54 PM

Hi,

I recently came across the story about the Seven Gates Of Hell, located in York, Pennsylvania.
http://en.wikipedia....n_Gates_of_Hell

I read that, according to the legend, back in the day, there was an old asylum, which had the most horrible patients.
The doctors were even said to be a little crazy aswell, it was really a place of pain and torment.

On night, the asylum somehow caught fire and burned down, killing most of the doctors and patients.
Those that survived ran away in the woods, but were gunned down during a manhunt by the sheriff and the cops.

It's now said that there are seven gates in those woods near the asylum and according to the legend, no one has ever made it past the 5th gate, but if they would go through all 7, they would go straight to Hell.

I'm searching for people who have actually been there and have maps for me and stories ?
I plan to go there someday to investigate, when I got enough money to travel to the US (I'm from Belgium).

I read some stories from people online that have been there and they say that they hear strange sounds in the woods and start seeing spirits after passing the 3rd gate, demons after the 4th and that when they pass gate 5, a little girl appears and tells you to go back.

Other stories are that after gate 5, a man with a chainsaw chases you.

Also, those people say that when they get back to their car, a truck follows them for a while and then just dissapears into thin air.

I really think this is an interesting legend and I would like to know, well, EVERYTHING :D
I want to believe, so it doesn't matter what you tell me from your experience, because I'm not a skeptic.

Thanks already! :D

#2    Princess Serenity

Princess Serenity

❝ ♔ Beauty

• 8,239 posts

• "There's nothing to fear but fear itself." Franklin D Roosevelt.

Posted 21 April 2013 - 10:59 PM

I heard/read if you make it pass all the gates you will find the hollow ruins of the "asylum." [Shrugs]

The chase stories are new to me. I've never heard that before. Thanks.

I've tried to find more info about this place but I always end up with nothing.

Edited by Princess Serenity, 21 April 2013 - 10:59 PM.

Av by unicorns @ lacedskulls.

#3    Winchester_8

Winchester_8

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 29 posts

• I want to believe.

Posted 21 April 2013 - 11:03 PM

View PostPrincess Serenity, on 21 April 2013 - 10:59 PM, said:

I heard/read if you make it pass all the gates you will find the hollow ruins of the "asylum." [Shrugs]

The chase stories are new to me. I've never heard that before. Thanks.

I've tried to find more info about this place but I always end up with nothing.

Thanks for the reply, that sounds kinda terrifying, but still very exciting aswell :D
I'll search for the website where I read those stories and post it here, there are alot of stories on there, but I would also like to find out if anyone from UM has been there and maybe has maps, since I can't seem to find any :unsure2:

EDIT: Here's the link where you can read more stories of people who have been there: http://czarism.com/t...n-gates-of-hell

Edited by Winchester_8, 21 April 2013 - 11:06 PM.

#4    krypter3

krypter3

Extraterrestrial Entity

• PipPipPip
  • 416 posts

• “My spelling is Wobbly. It's good spelling but it Wobbles, and the letters get in the wrong places.” A.A Milne

Posted 22 April 2013 - 12:01 AM

I doubt it's real

#5    AliveInDeath7

AliveInDeath7

Enlightened Seeker

• 2,712 posts

Posted 22 April 2013 - 04:30 PM

It sounds a bit too glamourized to be a true story.. You know how people like to exaggerate to impress others.

#6    Theater of Dreams

Theater of Dreams

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 52 posts

• 'Open your eyes, Victoria!'

Posted 22 April 2013 - 04:45 PM

http://theweirdusmes...PA#.UXVoij7h6CU

Not exactly a reliable source, but worth looking at, anyway.

Dream Theater

#7    Winchester_8

Winchester_8

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 29 posts

• I want to believe.

Posted 22 April 2013 - 05:21 PM

View Postkrypter3, on 22 April 2013 - 12:01 AM, said:

I doubt it's real

View PostAliveInDeath7, on 22 April 2013 - 04:30 PM, said:

It sounds a bit too glamourized to be a true story.. You know how people like to exaggerate to impress others.

Yeah, that's true, but I'm still hoping for some of it to be real :)
Because I find it really strange that the place is guarded by police 24/7, why would they do that ?
If it's just to protect the neighbors from annoying teenagers, then I could use the police in my neighborhood 24/7 aswell hehe :P

View PostTheater of Dreams, on 22 April 2013 - 04:45 PM, said:

http://theweirdusmes...PA#.UXVoij7h6CU

Not exactly a reliable source, but worth looking at, anyway.

Thanks, I'll take a look at that! :D

#8    Melo -

Melo -

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 76 posts

• ...more dangerous than any weapon is a face of evil, with a mask of good intention.

Posted 22 April 2013 - 07:53 PM

Sounds groovy :)

more dangerous than any weapon is a face of evil, with a mask of good intention...

#9    Winchester_8

Winchester_8

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 29 posts

• I want to believe.

Posted 22 April 2013 - 08:28 PM

View PostMelo -, on 22 April 2013 - 07:53 PM, said:

Sounds groovy :)

It is :D

#10    Melo -

Melo -

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 76 posts

• ...more dangerous than any weapon is a face of evil, with a mask of good intention.

Posted 23 April 2013 - 12:17 AM

the only place i've ever been that really has those description is my mom's kitchen....the horrors thatve been cooked there!

more dangerous than any weapon is a face of evil, with a mask of good intention...

#11    Winchester_8

Winchester_8

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 29 posts

• I want to believe.

Posted 23 April 2013 - 12:39 AM

View PostMelo -, on 23 April 2013 - 12:17 AM, said:

the only place i've ever been that really has those description is my mom's kitchen....the horrors thatve been cooked there!

Hahaha awesome :D
Sounds like a very dangerous place, I shouldn't go near there too much :P

#12    Shadowedheart1127

Shadowedheart1127

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 27 May 2013 - 07:39 PM

My good friend tried to go through the 7gates
   I haven't seen her in 3 years
She went missing.i talk to her parents sometimes

#13    Winchester_8

Winchester_8

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 29 posts

• I want to believe.

Posted 29 May 2013 - 10:10 PM

View PostShadowedheart1127, on 27 May 2013 - 07:39 PM, said:

My good friend tried to go through the 7gates
   I haven't seen her in 3 years
She went missing.i talk to her parents sometimes

Seriously ? :o

#14    MiskatonicGrad

MiskatonicGrad

Remote Viewer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 561 posts

• "the natural progress of things is liberty to yield and goverment to gain ground." Thomas Jefferson

Posted 30 May 2013 - 02:10 AM

I grew up just south of York and never heard of this it sounds like a gimmick to get people to go to the haunted park they put on Halloween at rocky ridge park just south of the location. if you want a scary place to go in that area try rehmeyers hollow where old man rehmeyer was killed because he was supposebly a warlock and cast a hex on some guy. there was a book written about it called HEX. they said the walls in the house would bleed on certain nights.
the area is now called spring valley park. when I was a teenager we use to go hangout here hoping to see "something". I do believe this part of my childhood is the whole reason I couldn't sleep for weeks after seeing blair witch.

"Were we directed from Washington when to sow, and when to reap, we should soon want bread" --Thomas Jefferson(1821)

"No man's life, liberty, or property is safe while the legislature is in session"--Mark Twain(1866)

"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man." --Thomas Jefferson(1800)

#15    Taun

Taun

A dashing moose about town...

• 5,121 posts

Posted 30 May 2013 - 12:25 PM

The thing I don't understand... Is, assuming for the sake of arguement this is real, and there actually are these gates to Hell... Why on Earth would anyone want to use them?...  I could understand if they beleived the gates would take them to someplace like Paradise, or Heaven - or even Coney Island... But Hell...?

All that being said, I don't for a moment believe any of this - every single 'paranormal' and historical point has been debunked repeatedly - and it just seems so rediculously "out there" that (IMO) anyone with an IQ above room temperature would see that it's just an Urban Myth, a campfire "ghost story" at best...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users