Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * * * 1 votes

Nikola Tesla's 21st century predictions

• Please log in to reply
34 replies to this topic

#31    psyche101

psyche101

The Customer.

• 38,300 posts

• If you stop to think, Remember to start again

Posted 01 May 2013 - 08:24 AM

View Postregeneratia, on 28 April 2013 - 08:19 PM, said:

Boy, Smithsonianmag really puts on the cookies.
Suspicious. I shut it down, the page, before seeing the article.

Steven Greer has a film out that talks about free energy and Tesla. Might be good to take a look at that film:
http://siriusdisclosure.com/,
http://siriusdisclos.../orion-project/

Greer?
Holy crap, you cannot possibly be Sirius.

Posted Image

Things are what they are. - Me Reality can't be debunked. That's the beauty of it. - Capeo If I have seen further it is by standing on the shoulders of giants. - Sir Isaac Newton Let me repeat the lesson learned from the Sturrock scientific review panel: Pack up your old data and forget it. Ufology needs new data, new cases, new rigorous and scientific methodologies if it hopes ever to get out of its pit. - Ed Stewart Youtube is the last refuge of the ignorant and is more often used for disinformation than genuine research.  There is a REASON for PEER REVIEW... - Chrlzs Nothing is inexplicable, just unexplained. - Dr Who

#32    psyche101

psyche101

The Customer.

• 38,300 posts

• If you stop to think, Remember to start again

Posted 01 May 2013 - 08:31 AM

View Postshaddow134, on 23 April 2013 - 09:28 PM, said:

Marconi even used Tesla's patented technology,17 patents to be precise when he transmitted that first message across the Atlantic and Marconi took all the glory.Tesla is truly the founder of most of the Technology we use today.

It was probably because he was a stoner. Marconi did indeed transmit the letter S in 1901, the same transmission Tesla claimed to have received from outer space in 1899, then John Jacob Astor IV invested $100,000 for Tesla to further develop and produce a new lighting system. Instead, Tesla used the money to fund his Colorado Springs experiments. A brilliant man agreed, but it would seem not all that reliable. But a good man. When Marconi was awarded the recognition of the radio, others asked Tesla "didn't you invent this?" To which Tesla replied something along the lines of "He is a good man, and doing good work, leave him alone"
A humble brilliant man no doubt, with faults like the rest of us but that just makes him all the more human to me.

Despite the whacky claims he was delivered here from Venus as a baby...........

But whacky claims and Tesla go tend to go hand in hand. What Edison did is unforgivable IMHO.

Edited by psyche101, 01 May 2013 - 08:33 AM.

Things are what they are. - Me Reality can't be debunked. That's the beauty of it. - Capeo If I have seen further it is by standing on the shoulders of giants. - Sir Isaac Newton Let me repeat the lesson learned from the Sturrock scientific review panel: Pack up your old data and forget it. Ufology needs new data, new cases, new rigorous and scientific methodologies if it hopes ever to get out of its pit. - Ed Stewart Youtube is the last refuge of the ignorant and is more often used for disinformation than genuine research.  There is a REASON for PEER REVIEW... - Chrlzs Nothing is inexplicable, just unexplained. - Dr Who

#33    Frank Merton

Frank Merton

Blue fish

• 17,137 posts

Posted 01 May 2013 - 10:05 AM

I of course don't now have any of my old high school books, and the present curriculum has almost nothing to say about the history of radio (according to my sons), but I am quite sure that Tesla and Marconi were given pretty equal billing when I was growing up in a French high school.  At any rate both names were equally familiar to me as doing with early radio.

#34    lightly

lightly

metaphysical therapist

• 7,000 posts

• "The future ain't what it used to be"
    Yogi Berra

Posted 01 May 2013 - 11:18 AM

View Postshrooma, on 22 April 2013 - 04:17 PM, said:

'' Often
regarded as one of the foremost
visionaries of his time, Tesla
foresaw a future in which scientific
advancement would take
precedence in society over war and
politics, natural food and clean air
would be more greatly valued''
bit of an epic fail there then huh.....?

i wonder though,   was he saying that would happen in the 21st  century... or.... later?  because i think eventually will will be forced to breath clean air and eat natural foods. LOL

In the 1950s  ... we were taught in school that Marconi invented radio... PERIOD.   No mention of Tesla whatsoever!   .. of course Tesla was credited with the invention of radio.... after his death.

Edited by lightly, 01 May 2013 - 11:35 AM.

Important:  The above may contain errors, inaccuracies, omissions, and other limitations.

#35    Pssst

Pssst

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 63 posts

Posted 01 May 2013 - 12:09 PM

Regarding eugenics: I don't find this much of a prediction as most prominent political figures and inventors during this time were very much pro-eugenic minded.  As much as people don't want to believe, it is the USA minded pro-eugenics that influenced Hitler in Nazi Germany.  This seems so far fetched for those of us living in present day, but eugenics programs have been practiced into the late 1960s in many states.

Regarding Health and Diet, eliminating stimulants: he was a mormon.

Regarding robots:  I don't think he was the first one to predict computers (or programming of machinery in production line work.)

Regarding cheap energy:  I believe present day society gives little credit to the minds of those in the late 1800s.  Nothing is new, and history repeats itself.  There is no way he was the only person who had concern over the consummation of natural resources, and wishes for more efficiency/cost in energy.  How do we know he didn't already know about the history of hydro-power?  He was living in an age where hydro-power plants were being erected around him.  http://www1.eere.ene...ro_history.html

I don't discredit his mind and innovative ideas, but I believe the article was poorly written.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users