Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Argentina “Huge” Meteor This Morning –

seeder

And another fireball in the news...

"According to witnesses on the ground, a large explosion was heard after the bright light appeared in the skies".

A meteor enlighted the sky of a big part of Argentina the night of 21/04/2013 at 03:30. Locals claims they hear a big explosion and felt the floor shook after it fell down at some inhabitated place of Santiago del Estero. Some windows broken but at this moment there’s no victims.

Plus a vid:

http://investmentwatchblog.com/video-argentina-huge-meteor-this-morning-4212013/

• Like 1

The spirit of Maggie Thatcher having one final swipe at 'em perhaps?

• Like 5

One exploded over us one time in the upper atmosphere. Really lit up the night sky.

• Like 1

A dazzling display of our vulnerability as individuals. How do we survive the bigger ones? As individuals we may not able to survive. But, as a civilization we could by colonizing other worlds.

• Like 2

As highdesert50 explained,it is a dazzling display of our vulnerability.The earth can be struck at any time with a meteor.Sometimes they sneak up on us like the meteorite that exploded over Russia.No one saw it coming.Luckily it exploded above ground & only shattered windows etc.With astronomists checking our skies for unwanted visitors,we may sometimes still be struck with one that could sneak up on us at an angle that is not visible & wipe us all out at a time that we least expect.

Edited by GirlfromOz
  • Like 1

So suddenly the sky is falling down... Must be that month of year..

Edited by Tesla II
  • Like 1

Great find seeder :tu:

Very impressive!

I suppose if that happened over North Korea, Kim would declare he was being attacked. :w00t:

• Like 2

Great find seeder :tu:

Very impressive!

I suppose if that happened over North Korea, Kim would declare he was being attacked. :w00t:

dont hold your breath it just might happen to them like it did to the Russians! That would be a right royal shet storm now wouldn't it - with trigger happy NK?

• Like 2

Crazy...the one over Russia and now this one. I wonder if some distant planet exploded and sent a few chunks our way?

• Like 1

wow 80,000 mph!!!! that's really fast.we should really create some type of defense systems and benevolent defense weapons to stop or prevent this type of possible destruction in the future that way we make sure there is life on the planet and future life as well overall.but the one thing i ask is just for defense reasons and purposes too.not to show off or cause wars or use them to destroy things and scare people and other nations please.also make them based on clean energy sources such as the sun power or a.k.a solar power.don't say we don't have the technology and etc because we do.also another thing the future people is based on clean renewable energy sources that i hope are free and are free in the first place such as wind power and air,water power,solar power and etc.don't pay for these sources don't be a fool

• Like 1

Crazy...the one over Russia and now this one. I wonder if some distant planet exploded and sent a few chunks our way?

Yeh and who knows what else is to come our way? Nobody can say and we simply cant defend ourselves against a surprise meteor from any where, Dinosaurs ring a bell? Live each day likes its your last and have no regrets I say!!

spectacular but scary.. anything could happen at any time. we must respect that x

• Like 1

There has been a flurry of these worldwide lately. Maybe Marshall Masters is on to something. Along with Courtney Brown's remote viewing blind test, impact prediction, not that I believe prophecy, gotta wonder. However, 9" in dia??? Someone ain't sharin' what they're smokin'. :santa:

To cross reference another thread: This is a likely way in which the human species will end. This thing was only a few centimeters wide. Now make it the size of Manhattan, and that would do the trick. And there plenty of objects that size flying around us.

I think we have probably just had the luck of filming two in a relatively short period of time. When you think the Earth is only populated in relatively small area's, like cities etc there must be thousands of times this must have happened over oceans or unpopulated area's which have gone unknown.

Meteors are created when there is a collision between asteroids (in the asteroid belt between Mars and Jupiter) happens all the time. Some come from the moon and Mars. Small meteors frequently collide with Earth, about 4-7 thousand tons every year.

If the big ones out there, lets say a mile across, did the same, we wouldnt be having this conversation.

Edited by Hazzard

Meteors are created when there is a collision between asteroids (in the asteroid belt between Mars and Jupiter) happens all the time. Some come from the moon and Mars. Small meteors frequently collide with Earth, about 4-7 thousand tons every year.

If the big ones out there, lets say a mile across, did the same, we wouldnt be having this conversation.

Thanks for clarifying :tu:

I think we have probably just had the luck of filming two in a relatively short period of time. When you think the Earth is only populated in relatively small area's, like cities etc there must be thousands of times this must have happened over oceans or unpopulated area's which have gone unknown.

Also, thanks to the coverage the Russian meteor got, every fireball since then gets in the media when previously they would only be local news, giving the false impression that there has been an unusual barrage of meteors headed our way recently.

If a fireball over Argentina a few years ago exploded and broke some windows but did not other damage, would we even hear about it?

Edited by Archimedes