Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Is this the most pointless story ever written

stupid politicians

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1    Mwanahabari

Mwanahabari

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 22 April 2013 - 02:16 PM

I can't decide whether this is totally pointless, un-newsworthy or at a local level totally justified. What do you think?

http://www.cambridge...30422060000.htm

#2    freetoroam

freetoroam

Honourary member of the UM asylum

• 6,482 posts

• If you didn't see it with your own eyes, or hear it with your own ears, don't invent it with your small mind and share it with your big mouth!

Posted 22 April 2013 - 02:59 PM

View PostMwanahabari, on 22 April 2013 - 02:16 PM, said:

I can't decide whether this is totally pointless, un-newsworthy or at a local level totally justified. What do you think?

http://www.cambridge...30422060000.htm
I see your point. Would have loved to have a go at the council, but they have said they are installing new ones.
Maybe we can look out for Prior on the next Big brother, seems he just wanted to get into the paper and felt this was going to do it, well it worked, Cambridge must be lacking some interesting news  if they found this news worthy enough to print.

Edited by freetoroam, 22 April 2013 - 03:00 PM.

In an ideal World a law would be passed were NO guns were allowed and all those out there destroyed, trouble is the law makers are not going to take a risk of trying to pass that without making sure they are armed first.

#3    Ashotep

Ashotep

Telekinetic

• 7,149 posts

• Courage is being scared to death but saddling up anyway-John Wayne

Posted 22 April 2013 - 07:28 PM

I can see that mans point.

What good is a bench if you can't get to it but hardly newsworthy.

#4    ealdwita

ealdwita

Hwt oredmcg

• 4,682 posts

• Hige sceal e heardra, heorte e cenre, mod sceal e mare, e ure mgen lytla.

Posted 22 April 2013 - 11:53 PM

Yeah, that's Cambridge for you......Posted Image.....Oxford graduate!

"G a wyrd swa hio scel, ac gecnwan n gef!": "Fate goes ever as she shall, but know thine enemy!".

"I was born with a priceless gift - the ability to laugh at other peoples' troubles" - Dame Edna Everage

#5    MoorWalks

MoorWalks

My freestyle rapping career didn't work out, so I came back

• 6,293 posts

• The illegitimate love-child of Strategy and Creativity. Sex God, Entrepreneur, Super Hero, Rapper, Table Dancer.

Posted 23 April 2013 - 09:31 AM

I think there is a competition amongst Councils around the country to see who qualifies as the most stupid of 2013..

Posted Image

#6    freetoroam

freetoroam

Honourary member of the UM asylum

• 6,482 posts

• If you didn't see it with your own eyes, or hear it with your own ears, don't invent it with your small mind and share it with your big mouth!

Posted 23 April 2013 - 11:13 AM

View Postxsas, on 23 April 2013 - 09:31 AM, said:

I think there is a competition amongst Councils around the country to see who qualifies as the most stupid of 2013..
Why break a yearly tradition? :yes:

In an ideal World a law would be passed were NO guns were allowed and all those out there destroyed, trouble is the law makers are not going to take a risk of trying to pass that without making sure they are armed first.

#7    Yes_Man

Yes_Man

hi

• 7,837 posts

Posted 23 April 2013 - 12:27 PM

If you read it again, people actually complained that there was no fence

#8    Admiral Rhubarb

Admiral Rhubarb

An Inspiration to Millions

• 23,465 posts

• Vampires are people too.

Posted 23 April 2013 - 03:03 PM

Well, how about this for all the latest important news:

A £100,000 mini-roundabout has been branded ‘a dangerous waste of money’ after it was made twice as big as it should be.
Engineers behind the road improvement scheme in Weymouth have admitted the roundabout at the centre of the project is the wrong size.

It has been revealed the roundabout is eight metres in diameter when it should be half the size.

http://www.dorsetech...g_size_/?ref=mc

:cry:

Life is a hideous business, and from the background behind what we know of it peer daemoniacal hints of truth which make it sometimes a thousandfold more hideous.

H. P. Lovecraft.

Posted Image

#9    Child of Bast

Child of Bast

Queen of the UM Asylum

• 4,799 posts

• The Mad Hatter: "Have I gone mad?"
    Alice: "I'm afraid so. You're entirely bonkers.But I'll tell you a secret: all the best people are."

Posted 24 April 2013 - 07:51 PM

If you find it so pointless, why did you spend time sharing it??? Pointless things are generally ignored.

'A phantom,' said my Uncle Mycroft, who had just materialised, 'is essentially a heteromorphic wave pattern that gains solidity when the apparition converts thermal energy from the surroundings to visible light. It's a fascinating process and I'm amazed no one has thought of harnessing it - a holographic TV that could operate from the heat given off by an average-size guinea pig.' ~ First Among Sequels, Jasper Fforde

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users