Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

The world: what went wrong?

• Please log in to reply
163 replies to this topic

#31    shrooma

shrooma

Government Agent

• Banned
  • 3,985 posts

• Live.
    Sin.
    Die.

Posted 22 April 2013 - 06:02 PM

View Postpantodragon, on 22 April 2013 - 03:15 PM, said:

The solution, unfortunately for you lot, is some very hard work and facing up to some very unpalatable, humiliating truths about yourselves.
I'm going to sit on the sidelines and watch smugly while you lot go through it.
there's a term for delusional narcissists who make these kind of grandiose, sweeping, delusional, narcissistic statements.
I wonder if you can guess what it is?

"Get off your knees, the party's over."
-How do you sleep-
The Stone Roses.

#32    shrooma

shrooma

Government Agent

• Banned
  • 3,985 posts

• Live.
    Sin.
    Die.

Posted 22 April 2013 - 06:08 PM

View Postpantodragon, on 22 April 2013 - 04:49 PM, said:

''people like you''
hmmmm.....
(speech marks are mine.)

-How do you sleep-
The Stone Roses.

#33    StarMountainKid

StarMountainKid

Cheese

• 4,891 posts

• We have problems because we stray from what is innocent and pure.

Posted 22 April 2013 - 06:14 PM

pantodragon said:

hese things happen" and that's why these things happen. (It's a mad, mad, mad, mad world)
I think the quote is:
"These things only happen because the whole country is full of people who when these things happen they just say these things happen and that's why they happen!" -Mrs. Martin

pantodragon said:

you will be feeling the fires of hell licking your backside while you fall into the drainpipe of oblivion for that one.
And your Stan Laurel link.

I do like your sense of humor.

Edited by StarMountainKid, 22 April 2013 - 06:16 PM.

The acceptance of authority does not lead to intelligence.
A mind untouched by thought...the end of knowledge.
To see reality loose your opinions.

#34    shrooma

shrooma

Government Agent

• Banned
  • 3,985 posts

• Live.
    Sin.
    Die.

Posted 22 April 2013 - 06:15 PM

View PostDark_Grey, on 22 April 2013 - 05:33 PM, said:

If you grew up
you didn't really need the rest of that post D.G.....
(sorry, couldn't resist!)
:-)

-How do you sleep-
The Stone Roses.

#35    Dark_Grey

Dark_Grey

Baseless Opinionator

• 2,150 posts

• if (empty($universe)) {
    include 'reality.php';
    }

Posted 22 April 2013 - 06:18 PM

View Postshrooma, on 22 April 2013 - 06:15 PM, said:

you didn't really need the rest of that post D.G.....
(sorry, couldn't resist!)
:-)

Yep could have saved myself some typing there!

$10 says he never comes back to this thread now that's he's stirred the hornet's nest

"Don't let your dreams be dreams"

- Shia LaBeouf

#36    AsteroidX

AsteroidX

Government Agent

• 3,570 posts

• it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such Government, and to provide new Guards for their future security

Posted 22 April 2013 - 06:26 PM

I will say to advocate for the OP in that these are some rather dark times around the world but by no means the darkest we have seen in the past century.

Moral Intelligence is certainly a bit more off then it has been the past century Id say and that may be an ominous sign combined with the accelerated tech being developed and mankind's inability to properly utilize it.

#37    Beany

Beany

Government Agent

• 3,789 posts

• If music is the most universal language just think of me as one whole note. Nikki Giovanni

Posted 23 April 2013 - 01:59 PM

another topic hijacked. the phrase "nattering nabobs of negativity" come to mind. Life can be difficult enough, these kinds of negative postings only add to one's anxiety. Is asking for something uplifting too much? Apparently so.

Edited by Beany, 23 April 2013 - 02:02 PM.

#38    pantodragon

pantodragon

Remote Viewer

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 551 posts

Posted 25 April 2013 - 02:15 PM

View PostEinsteinium, on 22 April 2013 - 05:04 PM, said:

Oh please not this stuff again. The world has been close to the apocalypse according to various 'prophets' for thousands of years and there will always be people who claim we are close to the end. This show is getting old, move on- next please?

And for just as long as people have been prophesying doom, people have been believing in progress.  The majority has always preferred to stick its head in the sand.

#39    pantodragon

pantodragon

Remote Viewer

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 551 posts

Posted 25 April 2013 - 02:22 PM

View PostSeeker79, on 22 April 2013 - 05:14 PM, said:

A bungi is good analogy. Most things and populations are cyclical. Everything from global warming to pandemics to wars. All you have to do is look back in history and you will see conditions much worse than they are now. Wars, famine, disease, death. Per capita we are doing much better now than then. That dosnt mean it can't change Indeed I see several looming threats that will evenchually come our way. But it's nothing new. Humanity at one point was knocked down to about 2,000 individuals once. We pulled through.

Unfortunately, despite all their promises, scientists have not yet found a way of bungi-ing the dead back to life.  Life and death is at least as common, in fact, I would say more common, than cycles.  Cycles often occur in a downward spiral leading to death.  Another analogy might be the pendulum: you set it swinging but its swing decays and finally stops --- as does the bouncing bungi.

#40    pantodragon

pantodragon

Remote Viewer

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 551 posts

Posted 25 April 2013 - 02:27 PM

View PostDark_Grey, on 22 April 2013 - 05:33 PM, said:

I see. So where have you lived that has given you such insight? If you grew up in a first-world nation, as I have, then by your own logic you won't have known anything else either and thus would be unable to come to the conclusions you posted.

By my efforts I have dragged myself out of the mire.......but first you have to be prepared to face the truth.  If you face the truth, and have the courage to keep your eyes open and to follow where the truth takes you, then you get to where I have got to.  (One little problem: you have a nasty addiction (power: see other of my posts) and as we all know, addictions are thye devil to let go of.  Been there, done that, got the t-shirt.)

#41    pantodragon

pantodragon

Remote Viewer

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 551 posts

Posted 25 April 2013 - 02:30 PM

View PostStarMountainKid, on 22 April 2013 - 06:14 PM, said:

I think the quote is:
"These things only happen because the whole country is full of people who when these things happen they just say these things happen and that's why they happen!" -Mrs. Martin

And your Stan Laurel link.

I do like your sense of humor.

Thanks for correcting my quote.  Since I work very much from memory, I'm afraid the mis-quote is liable to resurface.  Never mind.  It's the sense that matters, not accuracy.  My mis-quote serves.

#42    pantodragon

pantodragon

Remote Viewer

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 551 posts

Posted 25 April 2013 - 02:37 PM

View Postshrooma, on 22 April 2013 - 06:02 PM, said:

there's a term for delusional narcissists who make these kind of grandiose, sweeping, delusional, narcissistic statements.
I wonder if you can guess what it is?

:sleepy: --- you're obviously new to my posts.  Read some of the earlier ones.  We've covered this territory already.  I could give you the next standard move, but I'm not going to save you the trouble.

Edited by pantodragon, 25 April 2013 - 02:38 PM.

#43    pantodragon

pantodragon

Remote Viewer

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 551 posts

Posted 25 April 2013 - 02:41 PM

View Postshrooma, on 22 April 2013 - 06:08 PM, said:

hmmmm.....
(speech marks are mine.)

ditto

#44    pantodragon

pantodragon

Remote Viewer

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 551 posts

Posted 25 April 2013 - 02:43 PM

View PostAsteroidX, on 22 April 2013 - 06:26 PM, said:

I will say to advocate for the OP in that these are some rather dark times around the world but by no means the darkest we have seen in the past century.

Moral Intelligence is certainly a bit more off then it has been the past century Id say and that may be an ominous sign combined with the accelerated tech being developed and mankind's inability to properly utilize it.

I had to read this about 5 times to be sure I wasn't misunderstanding it --- I am just so used to being shot at it's a pleasant change to find even a modicum of agreement.

#45    Dark_Grey

Dark_Grey

Baseless Opinionator

• 2,150 posts

• if (empty($universe)) {
    include 'reality.php';
    }

Posted 25 April 2013 - 02:44 PM

View Postpantodragon, on 25 April 2013 - 02:27 PM, said:

By my efforts I have dragged myself out of the mire.......but first you have to be prepared to face the truth.  If you face the truth, and have the courage to keep your eyes open and to follow where the truth takes you, then you get to where I have got to.  (One little problem: you have a nasty addiction (power: see other of my posts) and as we all know, addictions are thye devil to let go of.  Been there, done that, got the t-shirt.)

All I know is that negativity breeds stress. If stress really is linked to 99% of diseases, as many many studies seem to indicate, than to live a long, healthy life one needs to not stress.

Stress is the mire that I dragged myself out of. I'm done with negativity - as you've pointed out there's plenty of that. I don't want to be on my death bed looking back at my life and realizing that I spent most of it dwelling on the terrible state of the world. Really, is that living?

Edit -- spelling

Edited by Dark_Grey, 25 April 2013 - 02:45 PM.

"Don't let your dreams be dreams"

- Shia LaBeouf

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users