Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Hospitalized bombing suspect says he and

• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

#1    docyabut2

docyabut2

Government Agent

• 3,400 posts

Posted 23 April 2013 - 02:23 AM

http://usnews.nbcnew...y-religion?lite

#2    Thanato

Thanato

Government Agent

• 4,095 posts

Posted 23 April 2013 - 02:41 AM

Out of everything this makes the most sense. It seemed like a lone wolf style attack from the beggining.

"Your toast has been burnt, and no amount of scrapping will remove the black parts!" ~Caboose

"I will eat your unhappyness!" ~Caboose

"Freedom isn't bought in stores, it is bought on battlefields." ~Thanato

#3    docyabut2

docyabut2

Government Agent

• 3,400 posts

Posted 23 April 2013 - 02:46 AM

Wound`nt believe it for a min.

According to The New York Times, which cited a senior U.S. government official, the suspects told the unidentified owner of the Mercedes-Benz sport utility vehicle that they planned to head to New York.

Read more: http://www.foxnews.c...g#ixzz2RFaq5XmZ

The plot in Canada  said Al quda  had a plan to attack New York.

U.S. officials said the attack would have targeted a rail line between New York and Toronto

http://www.reuters.c...ws&feedType=RSS

Edited by docyabut2, 23 April 2013 - 02:53 AM.

#4    docyabut2

docyabut2

Government Agent

• 3,400 posts

Posted 23 April 2013 - 02:58 AM

When they chase the suspects and older brother had died, there was another pressure cooker bomb found,  so what were they planning to use that bomb for heading for New York?

Edited by docyabut2, 23 April 2013 - 03:39 AM.

#5    coolguy

coolguy

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,914 posts

• Star trek rules

Posted 23 April 2013 - 03:44 AM

I hread the morning of the bombing a politician was asking the feds not to take money away from boston from there task force. Is there any thruth to this.

#6    _Only

_Only

• 6,525 posts

• Did you ever grow anything in the garden of your mind? You can grow ideas, in the garden of your mind. - Mr. Rogers

Posted 23 April 2013 - 03:46 AM

View Postdocyabut2, on 23 April 2013 - 02:58 AM, said:

When they chase the suspects and older brother had died, there was another pressure cooker bomb found,  so what were they planning to use that bomb for heading for New York?

Many possible reasons, none of which counteract the article in the OP.

I love to make mashups! Click here to hear!
I also love taking pictures! Click here to see!
I love to play drums, too! Whatever you do, don't click here!

#7    DieChecker

DieChecker

I'm a Rogue Scholar

• 17,821 posts

• Hey, I'm not wrong. I'm just not completely right.

Posted 23 April 2013 - 04:02 AM

Radical Muslims. I hope the nay-sayers will pipe up and say they were wrong.

It is interesting that the "Threat to America" always seems to be young religious men working alone. Almost makes you think the War on Terror isn't working... or maybe worked so well that the Organized Terrorists can't succeed??

Here at Intel we make processors on 12 inch wafers. And, the individual processors on the wafers are called die. And, I am employed to check these die. That is why I am the DieChecker.

At times one remains faithful to a cause only because its opponents do not cease to be insipid. - Friedrich Nietzsche

Qualifications? This is cryptozoology, dammit! All that is required is the spirit of adventure. - Night Walker

#8    acidhead

acidhead

Were Not Your Slaves!

• 10,511 posts

Posted 23 April 2013 - 04:53 AM

View PostDieChecker, on 23 April 2013 - 04:02 AM, said:

It is interesting that the "Threat to America" always seems to be young religious men working alone. Almost makes you think the War on Terror isn't working... or maybe worked so well that the Organized Terrorists can't succeed??

The War on Terror needs to be re-named a War on a Religion for the weak abled.   Or more aptly a War on our Minds.  I say this because even the CIA has written that the reason why 'they hate us' is because of the West's occupation of Islamic lands and/or support for their national leaders.   This is common sense.  Do not covet thy neighbor is as old as the old testament.

"there is no wrong or right - just popular opinion"

#9    _Only

_Only

• 6,525 posts

• Did you ever grow anything in the garden of your mind? You can grow ideas, in the garden of your mind. - Mr. Rogers

Posted 23 April 2013 - 04:59 AM

View Postacidhead, on 23 April 2013 - 04:53 AM, said:

The War on Terror needs to be re-named a War on a Religion for the weak abled.   Or more aptly a War on our Minds.  I say this because even the CIA has written that the reason why 'they hate us' is because of the West's occupation of Islamic lands and/or support for their national leaders.   This is common sense.  Do not covet thy neighbor is as old as the old testament.

But in that case, it wouldn't be a real 'War on' anything. It's just be another day on Earth: warring over religions. Calling this a war would just be redundant. When have we not been warring over religion?

#10    Yamato

Yamato

Forum Divinity

• 10,444 posts

Posted 23 April 2013 - 05:01 AM

View PostDieChecker, on 23 April 2013 - 04:02 AM, said:

The war on terror is backfiring.  If we had bombs falling on our heads dropped by foreign governments, and our government either couldn't or wouldn't do anything about it, we'd run to our guns and Bibles too,sir.  And some of us would become radicalized, if that's the term for it.   There's nothing inherently wrong with Islam; there are brimstone and fire interpretations from any holy book.   Islam is incidental.  Like all major religions, it's been used to cause bloodshed.

"To deny people their human rights is to challenge their very humanity.   To impose on them a wretched life of hunger and deprivation is to dehumanize them." ~ Nelson Mandela

#11    Yamato

Yamato

Forum Divinity

• 10,444 posts

Posted 23 April 2013 - 05:03 AM

View Postacidhead, on 23 April 2013 - 04:53 AM, said:

And that's why you should sit on the high council.

"To deny people their human rights is to challenge their very humanity.   To impose on them a wretched life of hunger and deprivation is to dehumanize them." ~ Nelson Mandela

#12    Yamato

Yamato

Forum Divinity

• 10,444 posts

Posted 23 April 2013 - 05:11 AM

View Post_Only, on 23 April 2013 - 04:59 AM, said:

But in that case, it wouldn't be a real 'War on' anything. It's just be another day on Earth: warring over religions. Calling this a war would just be redundant. When have we not been warring over religion?
Muslims and Jews lived in peace for hundreds of years from Spain to Palestine.  

Meanwhile it was the Europeans who had the Jew problem, and Lo!  How convenient!   :tu:   Here comes this Zionist movement where we can export the problem thousands of miles away from our shores!   Of course the Nazis immediately supported Zionist ideology.  They had quite the sense of entitlement to many lands in Europe and beyond just as well.

#13    acidhead

acidhead

Were Not Your Slaves!

• 10,511 posts

Posted 23 April 2013 - 05:12 AM

View PostYamato, on 23 April 2013 - 05:03 AM, said:

And that's why you should sit on the high council.

Ha... I'm simply a messenger who believes in spreading the word of freedom... much like yourself.

#14    acidhead

acidhead

Were Not Your Slaves!

• 10,511 posts

Posted 23 April 2013 - 05:31 AM

View Post_Only, on 23 April 2013 - 04:59 AM, said:

I was joking when I said the War on Terror should be re-named the War on a Religion.  Perhaps you didn't get past that part before posting.

lol

#15    _Only

_Only

• 6,525 posts

Posted 23 April 2013 - 06:04 AM

I still don't get it.

Meanwhile, many religious followers in Islamic countries (and even people like a few young adults living here who like to plant bombs) are fighting a Holy War against 'America', while their state side opponents are fighting back in their own war 'on Terror'. The 'War On Terror' is the 'War On A Religion' from one of the two viewpoints. It would be from both sides if the other would get real. But their 'Terror' labeling is probably one of their most stinging attacks. "Fighting for your religion? No! You're terror!!"

Great joke anyway I guess, though.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users