Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Arch near Arivaca, Arizona

• Please log in to reply
50 replies to this topic

#1    reptilicus

reptilicus

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 3 posts

• The forbidden zone was once a paradise. Your breed made a desert of it....ages ago.
    Dr. Zaius

Posted 23 April 2013 - 03:56 AM

Some of you may have heard of the mysterious stone arch south of Arivaca, Arizona. Some may have even visited the area. If so, I would love to hear from you. My wife and I have visited the site 4 times in the last few years and are planning another expedition in August. I first learned about the site in the 70s and never thought about it until I heard it mentioned one night on Coast to Coast. I realized they were talking about the same site that I was told about in the 70s when I was in Sierra Vista, Arizona. Long story short, we found the place and our experiences there have been amazing. Again, if anyone has been there in the last 2 years, I would be very interested in how the place looks now. Anyone interested can contact me and I would be glad to send a few photos of the area. I am providing a link to an article on the area published a few years back.

http://www.tucsonwee...ent?oid=1072291

#2    The_Spartan

The_Spartan

Spartan Forever!!!!

• 3,735 posts

• Gravity is Arbitrary!!

Posted 23 April 2013 - 09:26 AM

Since you have visited the site 4 times before, your might have some photographs, i presume.

How about posting them for our viewing pleasure or at least posting the corodinates to this arch?

All i read from the linked article is based on hearsay from an old indian named john.
When the author of the article and his friends went up to the arch, put his arm though , nothing happened.
So, how is the arch, mytherious, then???

"Wise men, when in doubt whether to speak or to keep quiet, give themselves the benefit of the doubt, and remain silent.-Napoleon Hill

Follow my stupid posts on Tumblr at Azrael's Ramblings

#3    reptilicus

reptilicus

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 3 posts

• The forbidden zone was once a paradise. Your breed made a desert of it....ages ago.
    Dr. Zaius

Posted 24 April 2013 - 02:41 AM

As far as giving the exact location of the site, I am bound by an agreement with the handful of others who have visited the area. We have all agreed that we will not give the exact coordinates out as we cannot be assured that the area will not be plundered, spray-painted, artifacts stolen from it, etc. We will take folks with us on our expeditions should they decide to join us.

It is important to point out that artifacts and relics discovered in the area would cause the current history books relating to North American to be rewritten. There are artifacts from the Vikings in the area. This in itself is quite a find. There are some very curious cave drawings. I might add that the whole area in that part of the state is a virtual honeycomb of caves that very few know about and even fewer have explored.

You want mysterious? Ok, how about the obvious magnetic anomaly that causes a compass to spin. Or the way the weather can change very dramitically in a very short amount of time. As a meteorologist, I can say that some of what I have witnessed defies explanation.
Then there is the night when a noise similar to a very low flying helicopter was heard above our campsite yet no stars were blotted out by any flying craft. Or maybe the stars that seem to move and stop at will. Perhaps, you might be interested in the strange stone formations that are there on one expedition and gone the next......stones weighing in the tons. Or maybe the night we looked out of our tents and saw the stars had become huge, as if we could reach out and touch them. Then there is the day we ascended a slope and looked down upon the site only to see that it and our campsite were not to be seen. It was as if we were looking at the area from a different time. Once down the mountain, all seemed back to normal. Also, the night we all had the feeling something was overhead yet not seen and the next morning on the trail, several large rock formations had burn marks and holes that were not there the day before. I will add one more....what was believed to be a deer was seen that stood higher than a large horse.

The area is littered with opal....some the precious type while most is common. Go and take all you want is what I tell folks but take only photos and video of the site itself. As I am new to this site I will try to post a few photos after I submit this text.

#4    reptilicus

reptilicus

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 3 posts

Dr. Zaius

Posted 24 April 2013 - 02:51 AM

Tried to post 3 photos but it tells me that the file is too large. I would be happy to email the photos to someone who could get them to post on here.

#5    jaylemurph

jaylemurph

Lector Historiae

• 8,903 posts

• "You can lead a whore to culture, but you can't make him think." Dorothy Parker

Posted 24 April 2013 - 05:26 AM

View Postreptilicus, on 24 April 2013 - 02:41 AM, said:

As far as giving the exact location of the site, I am bound by an agreement with the handful of others who have visited the area. We have all agreed that we will not give the exact coordinates out as we cannot be assured that the area will not be plundered, spray-painted, artifacts stolen from it, etc. We will take folks with us on our expeditions should they decide to join us.

That's... convenient. Especially as it's out in the open where anyone can get to, anyway. But I understand your reluctance. I myself possess a fully functioning time machine, but I entered into a formal pinky-swearing with an associate I'll just refer to as "the Doctor" not to show anybody.

It is important to point out that artifacts and relics discovered in the area would cause the current history books relating to North American to be rewritten. There are artifacts from the Vikings in the area. This in itself is quite a find.

Perhaps you could discuss your qualifications to assess both the age and origin of these alleged Viking artifacts? I assume there's a tell-tale bullet-shaped helmet with horns on the side, right?

And maybe throw in a few specific about these other radical finds that will "cause the curretn history books relating to North American history to be written"? I mean, that's a pretty incredible claim, there.

There are some very curious cave drawings. I might add that the whole area in that part of the state is a virtual honeycomb of caves that very few know about and even fewer have explored.

Can't fault you on this.

You want mysterious? Ok, how about the obvious magnetic anomaly that causes a compass to spin.

I can do that with a magnet, so, you know, it's hardly in the realm of an incredible mystery. But to be fair, it probably is more effort to lie about than to tell the truth about.

Or the way the weather can change very dramitically in a very short amount of time. As a meteorologist, I can say that some of what I have witnessed defies explanation.

Well, to be fair, you don't claim to be a *good* meteorologist.

Then there is the night when a noise similar to a very low flying helicopter was heard above our campsite yet no stars were blotted out by any flying craft. Or maybe the stars that seem to move and stop at will.

You don't perchance take whisky with you on any of these adventures, do you? Because I once had an oddly similar experience to that second bit after a snifter or three too much of good bourbon.

Perhaps, you might be interested in the strange stone formations that are there on one expedition and gone the next......stones weighing in the tons.

Or maybe the night we looked out of our tents and saw the stars had become huge, as if we could reach out and touch them.

Then there is the day we ascended a slope and looked down upon the site only to see that it and our campsite were not to be seen. It was as if we were looking at the area from a different time. Once down the mountain, all seemed back to normal. Also, the night we all had the feeling something was overhead yet not seen and the next morning on the trail, several large rock formations had burn marks and holes that were not there the day before. I will add one more....what was believed to be a deer was seen that stood higher than a large horse.

Okay. Maybe not /whisky/. Something else.

The area is littered with opal....some the precious type while most is common. Go and take all you want is what I tell folks but take only photos and video of the site itself. As I am new to this site I will try to post a few photos after I submit this text.

I was just about to call bull**** on this -- Wikipedia, for example, doesn't even mention Arizona as a source for opals. But it looks like there are a few scraps to be found in that area. Not, mind, that anyone (even on the internet) is claiming they're strewn about on the surface. It seems to me if you really wanted to keep this on the down-low, you wouldn't casually mention gemstones scattered around.

--Jaylemurph

"... amongst the most obstinate of our opinions may be classed those which derive from discussions in which we affect to search for the truth, while in reality we are only fortifying prejudice."     -- James Fenimore Cooper, The Pathfinder

Posted Image

Deeply venial

#6    The_Spartan

The_Spartan

Spartan Forever!!!!

• 3,735 posts

• Gravity is Arbitrary!!

Posted 24 April 2013 - 05:26 AM

View Postreptilicus, on 24 April 2013 - 02:41 AM, said:

It is important to point out that artifacts and relics discovered in the area would cause the current history books relating to North American to be rewritten. There are artifacts from the Vikings in the area. This in itself is quite a find. There are some very curious cave drawings. I might add that the whole area in that part of the state is a virtual honeycomb of caves that very few know about and even fewer have explored.

You want mysterious? Ok, how about the obvious magnetic anomaly that causes a compass to spin. Or the way the weather can change very dramitically in a very short amount of time. As a meteorologist, I can say that some of what I have witnessed defies explanation.
Then there is the night when a noise similar to a very low flying helicopter was heard above our campsite yet no stars were blotted out by any flying craft. Or maybe the stars that seem to move and stop at will. Perhaps, you might be interested in the strange stone formations that are there on one expedition and gone the next......stones weighing in the tons. Or maybe the night we looked out of our tents and saw the stars had become huge, as if we could reach out and touch them. Then there is the day we ascended a slope and looked down upon the site only to see that it and our campsite were not to be seen. It was as if we were looking at the area from a different time. Once down the mountain, all seemed back to normal. Also, the night we all had the feeling something was overhead yet not seen and the next morning on the trail, several large rock formations had burn marks and holes that were not there the day before. I will add one more....what was believed to be a deer was seen that stood higher than a large horse.

Meteorology doesnt cover all disciplines.
I am sure that all of the events /anomalies you have encountered can be explained by science.
I wont pass any comments because i dont have any idea of what your experiences were? and i am not a scientist, but a Electro mechanical Engineer only. What i can do is analyse the stories, the events with loads of common sense and give 2 cents worth.
I hope, you can take some scientist friends along with you for the next trip. Not fringe minded ones, but skeptics.
They could study the pehenomena thoroughly and  arrive at some conclusion.

One question : The old indian John told tales of men, goat and other living beings entering the arch and vanishing.Have you ever seen such a phenomenon at that
arch in all the 4 visits?

Edited by The_Spartan, 24 April 2013 - 05:28 AM.

"Wise men, when in doubt whether to speak or to keep quiet, give themselves the benefit of the doubt, and remain silent.-Napoleon Hill

Follow my stupid posts on Tumblr at Azrael's Ramblings

#7    Abramelin

Abramelin

-

• 18,111 posts
  • Location:"Here the tide is ruled, by the wind, the moon and us."

• God created the world, but the Dutch created the Netherlands

Posted 24 April 2013 - 06:44 AM

Some old threads about this:

http://www.unexplain...a

http://www.unexplain...ca

http://www.unexplain...946&hl=+arivaca

http://www.unexplain...775&hl=+arivaca

#8    ravengrendor

ravengrendor

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 13 December 2013 - 05:56 PM

reptilicus, on 23 April 2013 - 09:41 PM, said:
I will add one more....what was believed to be a deer was seen that stood higher than a large horse.

You will find these extraordinarily large deer, complete with sometimes with 10+' wide antler spreds near ancient gates/portals. What has often been said to be the result of good feed is actually ancient forest deer crossing with native deer from this reality. Both can pass back and forth readily through an active portal. Local deer of this reality will also use these portals to hide from hunters. Another mention here is the white/albino factor will come up more often in such crosses also.

#9    Pax Unum

Pax Unum

< 420 Conspirator >

• 18,758 posts

• "It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it." - Aristotle

Posted 13 December 2013 - 09:03 PM

The Weekly does not know the location of the site Mr. Quinn speaks of, nor could we verify the events mentioned. Therefore, we present his anecdotes as interesting stories--nothing more.
--Irene Messina

mysteries-in-the-mountains

#10    PersonFromPorlock

PersonFromPorlock

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,390 posts

• Few things do more harm than the belief that life should be Dramatic.

Posted 13 December 2013 - 10:26 PM

Hmm... given the time, place, and circumstances, I suggest backscatter radiation from Carlos Castaneda.

#11    simplybill

simplybill

Extraterrestrial Entity

• PipPipPip
  • 472 posts

Posted 13 December 2013 - 11:34 PM

Certainly an interesting read. My skeptical nature, however, won't allow me to take it seriously. Being an adventure-seeking type myself, I can't believe that someone hasn't thrown caution to the wind and foolishly rushed headlong into the mystery, as I would (foolishly) do. I'm certain no one in modern times has done so, as that person's friends would be answering questions from the local sheriff about that person's disappearance.

Every warrior is happy when his enemies flee before him, but much more blessed is the man to whom his fiercest enemies can come with confidence, knowing beforehand they will be received with love.
Richard Wurmbrand in Reaching Toward the Heights.

#12    simplybill

simplybill

Extraterrestrial Entity

• PipPipPip
  • 472 posts

Posted 14 December 2013 - 01:23 AM

Adding to my post above:
I am actually intrigued by the story, because of the odd location of the geodes. I've always thought that geodes were formed near a water source over long periods of time. Am I wrong? Or perhaps that area was once part of the inland sea?
Okay, I just checked Wikipedia and read that geodes sometimes show up in lava formations. It also mentions the Keokuk, Iowa area where I went as a kid to visit my grandparents (50 years ago). My cousins and I would go back into the woods and search the stream beds for geodes and fossils. I still have a boxful of geodes and sandstone rocks with fossilized sea creatures.
I occasionally spend time in the Tucson area, and I'm an avid hiker/backpacker. I may check this place out!

Edited by simplybill, 14 December 2013 - 02:12 AM.

Every warrior is happy when his enemies flee before him, but much more blessed is the man to whom his fiercest enemies can come with confidence, knowing beforehand they will be received with love.

#13    simplybill

simplybill

Extraterrestrial Entity

• PipPipPip
  • 472 posts

Posted 14 December 2013 - 05:58 AM

View Postsfyjdgykqing, on 14 December 2013 - 02:31 AM, said:

As far as giving the exact location of the site, Posted Image
sfy... the link didn't come through. Do you have another? I'd like to see where this is.

#14    lawereyanlu

lawereyanlu

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 14 December 2013 - 07:18 AM

I am bound by an agreement with the handful of others who have visited the area. Posted Image

#15    stereologist

stereologist

Alien Abducter

• 4,530 posts

Posted 14 December 2013 - 03:36 PM

There are lots of claims of strange things, but none of them seem to pan out. Here we have something that is not that unusual - a vow of silence which simply states that you'll have to trust our stories and you are not going to get any real evidence. It's like the claims about secret societies where the rumor is based on a partial leak of information.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users