Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * * * 2 votes

World's most dangerous religious affiliation

• Please log in to reply
60 replies to this topic

#61    Zaphod222

Zaphod222

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,594 posts

• When the gods wish to punish us, they answer our prayers.
    (Oscar Wilde)

Posted 25 April 2013 - 07:23 AM

View PostKowalski, on 24 April 2013 - 10:19 PM, said:

No one is saying extremism in Islam doesn't exist. It does, we've seen that. Yes, this certain branch of extremism Islam DOES do a lot of terrorism, but you CAN NOT label a whole religion for the actions of a few!
Simply stating a fact is not "labelling". And the simple fact is that a literal reading of the Koran and Haddith makes it very easy to justify, and in fact, demand, terrorism. You can like that, or not.

Most of these terrorists who commit these crimes (Boston, 9/11) didn't really adhere to everything the Qu'ran said anyway. I mean weren't the hijackers in 9/11 seen going to strip clubs BEFORE the attacks? Pretty sure the Qu'ran forbids that. People pick in chose what they want to believe in, even Christians. I pretty much view it as Grocery Shopping Religion.
It is correct that most muslims do not know or follow their scriptures very much. But it is equally true that all jihadists are pious muslims who studied their religion very intensively. Again, you can like that or not.

You can not demonize a whole religion for the actions of a few.
Again, stating facts is not "labelling". Even if the facts are inconvenient.

"The moment you declare a set of ideas to be immune from criticism, satire, derision, or contempt, freedom of thought becomes impossible." (Salman Rushdie)

#62    Knight Of Shadows

Knight Of Shadows

Shadow Dancer

• 5,251 posts

• Rest In Peace A.B

Posted 25 April 2013 - 07:34 AM

View Post-Mr_Fess-, on 24 April 2013 - 11:44 AM, said:

Can you say the words... Islam IS the worlds most dangerous religious affiliation of TODAY!? So many of you obsess on history as if changes who holds the title of the most murderous group today.
We live in 2013, not 1427. Muslim terrorists are our problem, Christians were theirs.
why would i wanna say something i don't believe is true ? regardless of my " ability " of saying that or not
you see terrorism is just a " brand "
it applies only to certain people

if that brand got any truth in it people would call american bombing iraqis civilians .. terrorism
also would call their attacks on afghanstan .. terrorism
but they don't . therefore terrorism is just flawed one sided logic that is meant to work on weak minded individuals
who fail to think for them self and let their politicans do the thinking on their behalf

by the name of Allah the Gracious the Merciful
Say, "I seek refuge in the Lord of daybreak From the evil of that which He created
And from the evil of darkness when it settles And from the evil of the blowers in knots
And from the evil of an envier when he envies"
truthful was Allah The Most High And Great

#63    Knight Of Shadows

Knight Of Shadows

Shadow Dancer

• 5,251 posts

• Rest In Peace A.B

Posted 25 April 2013 - 07:35 AM

double

Edited by Knight Of Shadows, 25 April 2013 - 07:36 AM.

Say, "I seek refuge in the Lord of daybreak From the evil of that which He created
And from the evil of darkness when it settles And from the evil of the blowers in knots

#64    Zaphod222

Zaphod222

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,594 posts

• When the gods wish to punish us, they answer our prayers.
    (Oscar Wilde)

Posted 25 April 2013 - 08:11 AM

View Postkeithisco, on 23 April 2013 - 03:38 PM, said:

And Hitler enjoyed the support of The Vatican

Actually, that is doubtful. The Vatican was certainly guilty of silence, but it did not give active support.

Hitler did however, get active support from leading muslim clerics, such as Muhammad Amin Al-Husseini, the Grand Mufti of Jerusalem. who spent the war years in Berlin, praising the Holocaust and recruiting muslim regiments for the SS.

Hitler himself is on record for praising the strength of islam and dismissing the meekness of Catholicism.

So that particular talking point really has it backwards.

"The moment you declare a set of ideas to be immune from criticism, satire, derision, or contempt, freedom of thought becomes impossible." (Salman Rushdie)

#65    Valdemar the Great

Valdemar the Great

Commander in the Secret Space Fleet

• 24,480 posts

• Vampires are people too.

Posted 25 April 2013 - 10:35 AM

And on the subject of the Church and support or otherwise for Hitler, let's not forget http://en.wikipedia....rich_Bonhoeffer .

Life is a hideous business, and from the background behind what we know of it peer daemoniacal hints of truth which make it sometimes a thousandfold more hideous.

H. P. Lovecraft.

Posted Image

#66    Knight Of Shadows

Knight Of Shadows

Shadow Dancer

• 5,251 posts

• Rest In Peace A.B

Posted 26 April 2013 - 03:10 AM

View PostZaphod222, on 25 April 2013 - 08:11 AM, said:

Actually, that is doubtful. The Vatican was certainly guilty of silence, but it did not give active support.

Hitler did however, get active support from leading muslim clerics, such as Muhammad Amin Al-Husseini, the Grand Mufti of Jerusalem. who spent the war years in Berlin, praising the Holocaust and recruiting muslim regiments for the SS.

Hitler himself is on record for praising the strength of islam and dismissing the meekness of Catholicism.

So that particular talking point really has it backwards.
you ever heard the saying : the enemy of my enemy is my friend ?
what did you expect from arabs and muslims
your western countries where all over them like dogs gathering around bones
their only bet was to find a powerfull alley to get way of defending them self against your countries
after the years of western wars against muslims and arabs
and years of occupations by western countries .. did you really think arab or muslims are going to side with the west !?
we are not your cattle .. we side with whom provide the best interest of our people NOT YOUR BEST INTEREST

.. called poitics i know it's shocking ! especially the first time

#67    fozzybythesea

fozzybythesea

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 26 April 2013 - 03:49 AM

In the end it all comes down to what you want to believe. Their are tons of discussions everyday about which is worse, but here is the truth. Its all worse. Countless innocent lives have been taken in the name of religon, be it Christian, Catholic, or Muslim.

You can sit and debate it all you want, that does not change the fact that religon has nothing to do with God or faith. No religion has it right, because each is interpetted by man,who is fallible and inclined to put his own "spin" on anything he touches.

Believe in God or don't, in the end its between you and God.

I learned this lesson from a very dear friend who happens to be a Pentacostal Minister (Christian for those of you who don't know).

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users