Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Banks in Catalonia will face taxes ...

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1    keithisco

keithisco

Majestic 12 Operative

• 5,929 posts

Posted 23 April 2013 - 05:01 PM

All of these homes have been reposessed,.. the Banks themselves were given handoutsto the tune of 100 Billion Euros to cover defaulted mortgages.

these homes now have no debt on them, so the banks have got a lot of Real Estate for no money! They are refusing to let them for rentals, because they want to hang on until the property market picks up so they can make a double killing on them. This is wrong, disingenuous, and typical where Banking Corporations ONLY want to make more money for nothing.

1.4 Million empty New Homes in Spain (now owned by the Banks), empty 2nd hand homes? No-one knows but I have heard figures of 3 - 4 million homes (also now owned by the Banks with Taxpayers money)

Read more: http://elpais.com/el...972_834820.html

Edited by keithisco, 23 April 2013 - 05:02 PM.

#2    freetoroam

freetoroam

Honourary member of the UM asylum

• 7,198 posts

• If you didn't see it with your own eyes, or hear it with your own ears, don't invent it with your small mind and share it with your big mouth!

Posted 23 April 2013 - 05:20 PM

I can see it being the next haven for the British pensioners, they will buy a Spanish home for retirement. would not be surprised if we start seeing them advertised here very shortly.

In an ideal World a law would be passed were NO guns were allowed and all those out there destroyed, trouble is the law makers are not going to take a risk of trying to pass that without making sure they are armed first.

#3    Ashotep

Ashotep

Telekinetic

• 7,421 posts

• Courage is being scared to death but saddling up anyway-John Wayne

Posted 23 April 2013 - 05:48 PM

If they were bought with taxpayer money then it would seem to me that the taxpayers own them and should move in right away.

If you ask me banks are why the economy everywhere is like it is.  Make them pay taxes on them.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users