Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

UN human rights official on Boston bombing

• Please log in to reply
55 replies to this topic

#31    Rafterman

Rafterman

Telekinetic

• 7,409 posts

Posted 24 April 2013 - 02:46 PM

View PostWearer of Hats, on 23 April 2013 - 09:10 PM, said:

No, I have to agree.
The Bostonian invasion of Checnya is a blight upon the good character of common humanity.

Exactly - remember when they unearthed those mass graves and found that the bodies were all wearing Yankees, Lakers, and Rangers gear?

Then there was the social purge of all school teachers who continued to use the letter "R" when they spoke.

And who could forget the governmental mandate that forced all Chechens to build a yahd next to their house where they had to pahk their cahr.

"For me, it is better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring."
                                                                                                                                           - Carl Sagan, The Demon-Haunted World:  Science as a Candle in the Dark

#32    freetoroam

freetoroam

Honourary member of the UM asylum

• 10,273 posts

• If you didn't see it with your own eyes, or hear it with your own ears, don't invent it with your small mind and share it with your big mouth!

Posted 24 April 2013 - 03:58 PM

View PostLeave Britney alone!, on 24 April 2013 - 01:30 PM, said:

You are the only one calling for violence here.

This is what Falk said: The American global domination project is bound to generate all kinds of resistance in the post-colonial world.

This is what Breitbart said: Boston’s dead were "canaries" that "have to die" because of America’s “fantasy of global domination."

See the difference? Maybe...but will you understand the difference?

How am i calling for violence? Did I say anything about violence? NO!
As for the rest, you are :
Posted Image

By what I have read, it seems he is blaming the American people along with the government, that is where he is wrong.

#33    Avatar Samantha Ai

WE DO LOVE YOU

• 3,746 posts

• It seems so important now but you will get over.
    -AF

Posted 24 April 2013 - 04:23 PM

View Postfreetoroam, on 24 April 2013 - 03:58 PM, said:

How am i calling for violence? Did I say anything about violence?

View Postfreetoroam, on 23 April 2013 - 08:50 PM, said:

Hope someone gives him what he deserves!

----------------

This thread is a perfect example of how the right manufactures fear of Muslims and how much the media can shape our perceptions to believe something that is not true. Falk never said those words, everyone in this thread who had been up in arms got duped, by the media, by the right, so your opinion which you believe you made as an informed person was actually, in this case, formed through disinformation.

Edited by Leave Britney alone!, 24 April 2013 - 04:41 PM.

#34    freetoroam

freetoroam

• 10,273 posts

• If you didn't see it with your own eyes, or hear it with your own ears, don't invent it with your small mind and share it with your big mouth!

Posted 24 April 2013 - 05:34 PM

View PostLeave Britney alone!, on 24 April 2013 - 04:23 PM, said:

----------------

This thread is a perfect example of how the right manufactures fear of Muslims and how much the media can shape our perceptions to believe something that is not true. Falk never said those words, everyone in this thread who had been up in arms got duped, by the media, by the right, so your opinion which you believe you made as an informed person was actually, in this case, formed through disinformation.
IMO the man should be sacked, not hung or shot. This thread is a perfect example of how the left manufacture fear of the truth.

#35    Avatar Samantha Ai

WE DO LOVE YOU

• 3,746 posts

-AF

Posted 24 April 2013 - 05:36 PM

View Postfreetoroam, on 24 April 2013 - 05:34 PM, said:

IMO the man should be sacked, not hung or shot. This thread is a perfect example of how the left manufacture fear of the truth.

Thank you for clarifying, I was wrong.

Sacked for what though? He did not say that, you got fooled into beliving he did by someone else, but I could be wrong, maybe you actually read his article and have your own reasons in your own words to find fault with it. All I see is everyone getting emotional over lies for now...

#36    supervike

supervike

Majestic 12 Operative

• 6,213 posts

Posted 24 April 2013 - 05:42 PM

The media is out of control.  Both the Right Wing and the Left.

I can understand the anger towards this man, according the the Breitbart article....but it seems they are just using this as an opportunity to illustrate why we should hate the UN.

It's almost impossible for an average citizen to really know what's happening, without our opinions being manipulated.

#37    freetoroam

freetoroam

• 10,273 posts

Posted 24 April 2013 - 05:58 PM

View PostLeave Britney alone!, on 24 April 2013 - 05:36 PM, said:

Sacked for what though? He did not say that, you got fooled into beliving he did by someone else, but I could be wrong, maybe you actually read his article and have your own reasons in your own words to find fault with it. All I see is everyone getting emotional over lies for now...
And then he attacks Bostonians head-on. The police action in Boston was a "hysterical dragnet."  Boston’s dead were "canaries" that "have to die" because of America’s “fantasy of global domination."  

He minimizes the crime and predicts worse if America doesn’t change its ways to better accommodate the demands of “the Islamic world.” As he puts it: “In some respects, the United States has been fortunate not to experience worse blowbacks, and these may yet happen…”.

As I said earlier, he is  blaming the American people along with the government, that is where he is wrong. He should not hold every American accountable for the actions of the government, like we can not hold every muslim accountable for the fundamentalists.

And as for emotional, I`m cool.Posted Image

#38    Rafterman

Rafterman

Telekinetic

• 7,409 posts

Posted 24 April 2013 - 08:45 PM

----------------

This thread is a perfect example of how the right manufactures fear of Muslims ....

If anything this is an example of how the right manufactures anger toward some ***hat at the UN.

"For me, it is better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring."
                                                                                                                                           - Carl Sagan, The Demon-Haunted World:  Science as a Candle in the Dark

#39    tapirmusic

tapirmusic

Astral Projection

• Closed
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 643 posts

Posted 24 April 2013 - 11:13 PM

View PostLeave Britney alone!, on 24 April 2013 - 02:32 PM, said:

blah blah blah

Fine, you don't like Breitbart?
Yahoo is a liberal as it gets :

http://news.yahoo.co...-171623771.html

Even your Messiah's administration sees that Richard Falk was way out of line when he spoke.

"Outraged by Richard Falk's highly offensive Boston comments. Someone who spews such vitriol has no place at the UN. Past time for him to go."  - Susan Rice

#40    Sir Wearer of Hats

Sir Wearer of Hats

SCIENCE!

• 15,187 posts

Posted 25 April 2013 - 01:00 AM

View PostLeave Britney alone!, on 24 April 2013 - 05:36 PM, said:

One might think that saying something shockingly insensistive is something that runs contrary to his job...

I must not fear. Fear is the Mind-Killer. It is the little death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear.
I will permit it to pass over me and to move through me. And when it is gone I will turn the inner eye to see it's path.
When the fear is gone, there will be nothing. Only I will remain.

You may think you're cool, but you'll never be as cool as Peter Capaldi with an electric guitar, on a tank, playing the Doctor Who theme.

#41    Avatar Samantha Ai

WE DO LOVE YOU

• 3,746 posts

-AF

Posted 25 April 2013 - 01:47 AM

View Posttapirmusic, on 24 April 2013 - 11:13 PM, said:

Fine, you don't like Breitbart?
Yahoo is a liberal as it gets :

http://news.yahoo.co...-171623771.html

Even your Messiah's administration sees that Richard Falk was way out of line when he spoke.

"Outraged by Richard Falk's highly offensive Boston comments. Someone who spews such vitriol has no place at the UN. Past time for him to go."  - Susan Rice

Susan Rice has always followed the line of her superiors, she has no true compass, and while her and Obama intitially seemed to disapprove Israeli agression, including taking great concern over the Goldstone Report, since Obama's second term both have reversed course so that both of them appear like Bush Neocon clones when it comes to foreign policy over Israel and the use of drones and domestic policy in fiscal matters including backing off from taxing the wealthy in favor of either raiding Social Security, in essence taxing it, or a carbon tax, which will cause everyone to pay more at the pump.

That Susan Rice initially advocated the Iraq war due to her alignment with her then supervisors it does seem she has returned full circle.

This proves nothing, AIPAC has become enamored with Susan Rice, as has Israel, ever since Obama has chosen to betray the left in the aforementioned policies.

Suan Rice is acting as an Israeli puppet.

View PostWearer of Hats, on 25 April 2013 - 01:00 AM, said:

One might think that saying something shockingly insensistive is something that runs contrary to his job...

One might think that if they were uninformed or misnformed regarding the composition of the UN Human Rights Council which has a longstanding tradition of not condoning Israeli agression.

For those informed the UNHRC is right on the money, this is what they do, they dislike drones, they dislike Israeli aggression, and other human rights violations.

Now what we have here is a Mexican standoff. If Falk is fired it would mean that Israel was able to control both the US (no surprise) and the UN (with US help but oh noes) and it would seem to a viewing worldwide audience as if Israel has manipulated the UN via the US. There will be blowback.

In essence Israel has a bone to pick with the UNHRC and will use the US to try and destabalize it. Good luck to them, they will need it. Israel has excellent dodge skills but this will be a test, if they suceed their influence has grown, especially if they corral Ban Ki-moon to their side, I have already ready conflicting reports on if he is taking sides or remaining neutral (does anyone know?)

Edited by Leave Britney alone!, 25 April 2013 - 01:56 AM.

#42    Sir Wearer of Hats

Sir Wearer of Hats

SCIENCE!

• 15,187 posts

Posted 25 April 2013 - 04:12 AM

Human Roghts Abuses ... such as blowing up an eight year old because you don't like people saying nasty things about yor religion?

you've proven my point. He should be standing up against human rights abuses, not saying "meh, you lot deserved it". His comments paint him not as a defender of the wounded or the oppreased, but ratheras someone with a spcfifc bone to pick with America.

I must not fear. Fear is the Mind-Killer. It is the little death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear.
I will permit it to pass over me and to move through me. And when it is gone I will turn the inner eye to see it's path.
When the fear is gone, there will be nothing. Only I will remain.

You may think you're cool, but you'll never be as cool as Peter Capaldi with an electric guitar, on a tank, playing the Doctor Who theme.

#43    Purifier

Purifier

Δ

• 2,833 posts

• We don't need to conquer the world, we need to conquer our individual selves first. Then the world will be at peace.

Posted 25 April 2013 - 09:58 AM

View PostWearer of Hats, on 25 April 2013 - 04:12 AM, said:

Human Roghts Abuses ... such as blowing up an eight year old because you don't like people saying nasty things about yor religion?

you've proven my point. He should be standing up against human rights abuses, not saying "meh, you lot deserved it". His comments paint him not as a defender of the wounded or the oppreased, but ratheras someone with a spcfifc bone to pick with America.

Exactly...or drawing funny cartoons about their prophet. Don't see other religions trying to kill people over similar artistic expressions.

PAWNING RESIDENT TROLLS

#44    Ealdwita

Ealdwita

Hwt oredmcg

• 5,275 posts

Posted 25 April 2013 - 12:18 PM

The following in an excerpt from an editorial published in the 'Spectator' 23rd.April 2013. I post it without comment (aside from the highlighting)....

One of the first world statesmen to send a message of sympathy to Boston after last week’s outrage was Gerry Adams, president of Sinn Fein. ‘Just watching news of the explosion in Boston,’ he tweeted, ‘Sympathy with people of that fine city.’ Mr Adams has every reason to think fondly of Boston. Throughout the troubles, while he sat on the IRA war council, Boston was one of the major American centres which he (through Noraid) could rely on for support and funding. Bostonian money would have been used to help pay for the IRA attack on Margaret Thatcher’s democratically elected government in Brighton, the grotesque Birmingham pub bombings that left 21 dead, and of course the Lisburn van bombing of 15 June 1988. On that terrible occasion six off-duty British soldiers were killed by an IRA bomb just after they had completed a half-marathon for charity.
By no means all Bostonians supported the IRA. But far too many for comfort filled in the collecting tins that went round the bars of the south part of the city, where IRA terrorists were treated as heroes. This activity was smiled on by many local politicians, and overlooked for a time even by the FBI. Of course one’s heart goes out to the dead and wounded from last week’s hideous attack, and the sympathy here in Britain has been universal. But it is not easy to draw the distinction between the horror inflicted on Boston last week and the IRA (and loyalist) atrocities of the Troubles. Yet US sympathisers are funding the ‘Real IRA’ even today. In the light of last week’s horror, would it be too much to ask them to desist?

"Gæð a wyrd swa hio scel, ac gecnáwan þín gefá!": "Fate goes ever as she shall, but know thine enemy!".
I can teach you with a quip, if I've a mind; I can trick you into learning with a laugh; Oh, winnow all my folly and you'll find, A grain or two of truth among the chaff!
(The Yeoman of the Guard ~ Gilbert and Sullivan)

#45    Capt Amerika

Capt Amerika

Remote Viewer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 609 posts

Posted 25 April 2013 - 01:23 PM

----------------

Yeah because 9/11 and the Boston Bombings played no part in that.
Give me a break, just another anti-christian Islamic sympathizer.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users