Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Why Roswell Happened

• Please log in to reply
72 replies to this topic

#46    psyche101

psyche101

Conspiracy Realist

• 33,988 posts

• If you stop to think, Remember to start again

Posted 30 April 2013 - 11:40 PM

View PostSheep Smart, on 30 April 2013 - 11:32 PM, said:

i do believe in ufos based on evidence from a reutable source however i have a problem believing something that can travel surpassing light speed can just stall out or crash here. suddenly every country had their own roswell and i think it was so each nation can make one another think they possess some new ultra advanced warfare technology. that area was already established prior to the roswell incident for military testing etc. i imagine it was some crappy lawnmower propelled disk replicaticating that of a known typical reported saucer of some sort. just my 8
cents.

Not just crash here either. Back in post 8, I noted this amazing co-incidence.

Lets say for kicks that an Alien craft did crash in Roswell, and that is fact, not question. The debris as you can see above does not have an panels, no knobs buttons of handles of any kind, there are no engines, no technology, not even an alien resistor, nothing. What we do have described is some waxed paper, rubber backed foil, and balsa wood. (see above) Now the Roswell people did say these were not foil, balsa wood and waxed paper, they said it looked exactly like the stuff, but exhibited different properties, lik the foil folded back, the wood did not burn, they could not dent the metal. Right? But in all cases, it is agreed that the alien materials looked exactly like the much weaker earth counterparts.

Now for the odds. Imagine this.

These aliens not only live on a planet in some distant part of the galaxy (presumably they come form the Milky Way - according to the more exotic version of the tale) but these very aliens just happen to have materials that look just like Balas Wood, foil and waxed paper. That is amazing in itself I have to say, but this goes further. Not only do these aliens happen to have materials that look like weak materials here on earth, but they made a spaceship out of just those component's, nothing at all that looks exotic, everything has a visual equal here on our earth, then they fly is across space, crash it on one of the most predicable weather patterns in the entire solar system, but not just on the planet, but in that tiny corner where you guessed it, the Military just happens to have a covert project going that utilises foil, balsa wood and waxed paper. And that the items look so similar, to the naked eye they cannot be separated, but when you try to manipulate them the alien tech becomes apparent.

How is that for amazing co-incidence? I often wonder what the odds would be, I would imagine 1 in the billions.

Things are what they are. - Me Reality can't be debunked. That's the beauty of it. - Capeo If I have seen further it is by standing on the shoulders of giants. - Sir Isaac Newton Let me repeat the lesson learned from the Sturrock scientific review panel: Pack up your old data and forget it. Ufology needs new data, new cases, new rigorous and scientific methodologies if it hopes ever to get out of its pit. - Ed Stewart Youtube is the last refuge of the ignorant and is more often used for disinformation than genuine research.  There is a REASON for PEER REVIEW... - Chrlzs Nothing is inexplicable, just unexplained. - Dr Who

#47    Sheep Smart

Sheep Smart

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 340 posts

• Im so happy I bleed it.

Posted 01 May 2013 - 12:00 AM

Is it coincidence or can more than one person believe that scenerio? 1 in a billion huh? that unlikely.   thanks for paying attention though. you can add in the book youre writing that i only carelessly read the last page of this thread. it may not be coincidence after all maybe magical.
somewhere out in the cosmic universe an angry rooster rustles its feathers.

Edited by Sheep Smart, 01 May 2013 - 12:08 AM.

Other life in the universe?, you dare to imply there are entities possibly far greater than us almighty humans, creators of canned ham and reality tv. Nonsense. Absurd.

The reality that stupidy exists in abundance doesnt bother me. Its the fact that theres still no cure.

#48    psyche101

psyche101

Conspiracy Realist

• 33,988 posts

Posted 01 May 2013 - 12:15 AM

View PostSheep Smart, on 01 May 2013 - 12:00 AM, said:

Is it coincidence or can more than one person believe that scenerio? 1 in a billion huh? that unlikely.   thanks for paying attention though. you can add in the book youre writing that i only carelessly read the last page of this thread. it may not be coincidence after all maybe magical.
somewhere out in the cosmic universe an angry rooster rustles its feathers.

What do you think those odds would be?

Why would I add your contribution in my posts?

You take offence to me addressing your points?

Things are what they are. - Me Reality can't be debunked. That's the beauty of it. - Capeo If I have seen further it is by standing on the shoulders of giants. - Sir Isaac Newton Let me repeat the lesson learned from the Sturrock scientific review panel: Pack up your old data and forget it. Ufology needs new data, new cases, new rigorous and scientific methodologies if it hopes ever to get out of its pit. - Ed Stewart Youtube is the last refuge of the ignorant and is more often used for disinformation than genuine research.  There is a REASON for PEER REVIEW... - Chrlzs Nothing is inexplicable, just unexplained. - Dr Who

#49    Sheep Smart

Sheep Smart

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 340 posts

Posted 01 May 2013 - 12:20 AM

View Postpsyche101, on 01 May 2013 - 12:15 AM, said:

What do you think those odds would be?

Why would I add your contribution in my posts?

You take offence to me addressing your points?
ha! quite the opposite. in fact your persistence is a bit of a turn on.
im turned on by 1 in 7 billion. what do you think of those odds? :rolleyes:

Other life in the universe?, you dare to imply there are entities possibly far greater than us almighty humans, creators of canned ham and reality tv. Nonsense. Absurd.

The reality that stupidy exists in abundance doesnt bother me. Its the fact that theres still no cure.

#50    psyche101

psyche101

Conspiracy Realist

• 33,988 posts

Posted 01 May 2013 - 12:39 AM

View PostSheep Smart, on 01 May 2013 - 12:20 AM, said:

ha! quite the opposite. in fact your persistence is a bit of a turn on.

Well that sure caught me off guard, does not happen often, I like that.

You are more of a card than I allowed for aren't you? Sorry about that. Most people are pretty serious. I can appreciate your approach, very much so, I just not have had time to get to know you I guess.

View PostSheep Smart, on 01 May 2013 - 12:20 AM, said:

im turned on by 1 in 7 billion. what do you think of those odds? :rolleyes:

Ha, better than the ones I offered for Roswell LOL. Not often I underestimate when numbers are concerned. Well done. :tu:

Edited by psyche101, 01 May 2013 - 12:49 AM.

#51    badeskov

badeskov

Forum Divinity

• 11,819 posts

• Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please - Mark Twain

Posted 01 May 2013 - 12:53 AM

View Postpsyche101, on 30 April 2013 - 11:33 PM, said:

Then it's a bit rich of you to tell those who have spent considerable time trying to nut this one out that they have it all wrong, and then tout media versions of the tale that everyone has heard isn't it? If you stop trying to tell me that Aliens are hiding under the Presidents desk for a moment, I might actually be able to expand your real knowledge of the subject with that which I have learned. Why do you take offence to me attempting to assit your knowledge further? It could be a pleasant conversation if you give others a listen you know.

<snip a lot of good stuff>

Some posts deserve more than the like button, and that was an excellent post psyche. Your vast knowledge of the present subject is shining through, better be careful ;)

Cheers,
Badeskov

Edited by badeskov, 01 May 2013 - 12:54 AM.

"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention to arrive safely in a pretty and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming: Wow!! What a ride!". Said to to Dean Karnazes by a running buddy.

#52    psyche101

psyche101

Conspiracy Realist

• 33,988 posts

Posted 01 May 2013 - 12:59 AM

View Postbadeskov, on 01 May 2013 - 12:53 AM, said:

Some posts deserve more than the like button, and that was an excellent post psyche. Your vast knowledge of the present subject is shining through, better be careful ;)

Cheers,
Badeskov

Gidday Mate

I am humbled Bade. I learn so much from you that I feel like I only give back one percent of that which I take.

I'd like to be able to help Scud out, you know the nefarious motives of us evil skeptics in how we like to share real knowledge, but I cannot believe someone who admittedly spends no more than 5 minutes a day on such would consider themselves an authority.

Cheers.

#53    S2F

S2F

Bloodstained Hurricane

• 7,182 posts

• I know someday
    you'll have a beautiful life
    I know you'll be a sun
    In somebody else's sky
    But why can't it be mine? -Pearl Jam

Posted 01 May 2013 - 01:46 AM

View Postpsyche101, on 01 May 2013 - 12:59 AM, said:

...but I cannot believe someone who admittedly spends no more than 5 minutes a day on such would consider themselves an authority.

To be honest I'm not surprised by that at all. In fact it rather seems to be par for the course for recent ETH proponents that have joined the debate here. Quillius needs to get on the ball and show these newcomers how it's done! :tu:

"You want to discuss plausibility then you have to accept reality." -Mattshark

"Don't argue with an idiot. They'll drag you down to their level then beat you with experience." -Obviousman

You know... the plural of ``anecdote'' is not ``data''. Similarly, the plural of ``random fact'' is not ``mystical symbolism''. -sepulchrave

#54    lost_shaman

lost_shaman

Majestic 12 Operative

• 5,648 posts

Posted 01 May 2013 - 06:36 AM

My hypothesis only makes sense when you look at the big picture. When you look at all the events in 1947 and even into 1948. All the clues are there. Most people look at Roswell as a singular event that happened in a vacuum. Alienz are here or people got wierd over weather balloons. The tunnel vision, and lack of deep historical knowlege, keeps most people from being able to see any likelihood of an alternative truth.

Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster. And if you gaze long enough into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you. - Friedrich Nietzsche

#55    S2F

S2F

Bloodstained Hurricane

• 7,182 posts

• I know someday
    you'll have a beautiful life
    I know you'll be a sun
    In somebody else's sky
    But why can't it be mine? -Pearl Jam

Posted 01 May 2013 - 06:51 AM

View Postlost_shaman, on 01 May 2013 - 06:36 AM, said:

My hypothesis only makes sense when you look at the big picture. When you look at all the events in 1947 and even into 1948. All the clues are there. Most people look at Roswell as a singular event that happened in a vacuum. Alienz are here or people got wierd over weather balloons. The tunnel vision, and lack of deep historical knowlege, keeps most people from being able to see any likelihood of an alternative truth.

Context is vital, not only for Roswell but for any case really. :tu:

"You want to discuss plausibility then you have to accept reality." -Mattshark

"Don't argue with an idiot. They'll drag you down to their level then beat you with experience." -Obviousman

You know... the plural of ``anecdote'' is not ``data''. Similarly, the plural of ``random fact'' is not ``mystical symbolism''. -sepulchrave

#56    psyche101

psyche101

Conspiracy Realist

• 33,988 posts

Posted 01 May 2013 - 07:00 AM

View PostSlave2Fate, on 01 May 2013 - 01:46 AM, said:

To be honest I'm not surprised by that at all. In fact it rather seems to be par for the course for recent ETH proponents that have joined the debate here. Quillius needs to get on the ball and show these newcomers how it's done! :tu:

Ya know, you have a good point there.

#57    psyche101

psyche101

Conspiracy Realist

• 33,988 posts

Posted 01 May 2013 - 07:04 AM

View Postlost_shaman, on 01 May 2013 - 06:36 AM, said:

That is the beauty of your hypothesis. One learns quite a bit about the entire incident that way, and that is when the older well discussed versions lose their shine. The media has ingrained a certain version of events, but when one looks over the big picture, one can see why your hypothesis surpasses all claims to date.

#58    lost_shaman

lost_shaman

Majestic 12 Operative

• 5,648 posts

Posted 01 May 2013 - 07:25 AM

psyche,

I feel my hypothesis can really carry some wieght because I simply explained it to you. I didnt give you everything, i never told you what to say! Once you understood what I was suggesting you got it! Now you are giving my hypothesis new life via your own take on it. That tells me it has to have some real validity as a viable hypothesis.

Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster. And if you gaze long enough into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you. - Friedrich Nietzsche

#59    Sheep Smart

Sheep Smart

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 340 posts

Posted 01 May 2013 - 07:31 AM

Hey has anyone noticed a change in the ufo photos of the flying disks from back in the 50's to modern times? no really check this out..
i think this is a famous one taken in 1952, here in new jersey no less. Look :
http://i.huffpost.co...ND-large570.jpg
now one of circa 2000-present somewhere in asia: http://http://thepar...erylights35.jpg

im trying to post "real"  photos supposedly taken by people. in any case it does seem like the newer ufos are more aerodynamic. exterior lights. its almost as if theyre trying to keep up with our cars.
i do believe in ufos and other life in the universe aside from us parasites and i might be making a mockery here. admittingly. nevertheless  i hope someone out there reading this thinks theyre all about competition. and maybe stealing our modern designs. inspired by the new york auto show models and then you know  streaking by and flashing it in our faces.

#60    psyche101

psyche101

Conspiracy Realist

• 33,988 posts

Posted 01 May 2013 - 07:35 AM

View Postlost_shaman, on 01 May 2013 - 07:25 AM, said:

psyche,

I feel my hypothesis can really carry some wieght because I simply explained it to you. I didnt give you everything, i never told you what to say! Once you understood what I was suggesting you got it! Now you are giving my hypothesis new life via your own take on it. That tells me it has to have some real validity as a viable hypothesis.

Gidday Mate

Thank you, I am honoured to be one of the early birds to recognise your work for it's value, and am more than pleased to let others know how good it really is. All I had to do to understand it's value was drop my MOGUL bias. It is very well explained IMHO. Not just this one either, your work on the triangulation of the Phoenix lights, the information about the BOLA, Apollo 11 mylar UFO, mate, you IMHO are a world class investigator of the UFO phenomena, and I honestly think you run rings around those out there in the field recognised by the public masses. The very fact that people mistake your varied hypothesis due to their own bias also shows your a step ahead of the average bear. Mate, just do not forget us little people when you do make the big time. If this field has any fairness at all, then it is only a matter of time.

Cheers.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users