Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * * - 1 votes

Ancient Europeans vanished 4,500 years ago

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1    seeder

seeder

Nut Cracker

• 10,010 posts

• Never forget that only the weak fish swim with the stream, and a lie travels half way around the world while the truth is putting on its shoes

Posted 24 April 2013 - 11:12 AM

OK the title is from the link given...and its the kind of thing that will excite the AA crowd who beleive aliens came and modified mans DNA...

quote:

Ancient Europeans mysteriously vanished 4,500 years ago

"The genetic lineage of Europe mysteriously transformed about 4,500 years ago", new research suggests.

The findings, detailed Tuesday in the journal Nature Communications, were drawn from several skeletons unearthed in central Europe that were up to 7,500 years old.

"What is intriguing is that the genetic markers of this first pan-European culture, which was clearly very successful, were then suddenly replaced around 4,500 years ago, and we don't know why," study co-author Alan Cooper of the University of Adelaide Australian Center for Ancient DNA said in a statement. "Something major happened, and the hunt is now on to find out what that was."

http://science.nbcne...-years-ago?lite

Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored
It's not the depth of the rabbit hole that bugs me... It's all the rabbit poop you stumble over on your way down...
“It's easier to fool people - than to convince them that they have been fooled.”  Mark Twain

"The tragedy of life is not that it ends so soon, but that we wait so long to begin it"

#2    Taun

Taun

A dashing moose about town...

• 5,678 posts

Posted 24 April 2013 - 11:36 AM

So... were these the "Beaker Culture" people - or I suppose I should say, were the Beaker People part of this population?...

EDIT: Never mind... I finally was able to read the article...

Edited by Taun, 24 April 2013 - 11:38 AM.

#3    Frank Merton

Frank Merton

Blue fish

• 14,277 posts

• fmerton.blogspot.com

Posted 24 April 2013 - 12:00 PM

I saw this earlier this morning.  The article disappointed me in that it didn't talk about language families and what connections there might be.

#4    Mr Right Wing

Mr Right Wing

Poltergeist

• Banned
  • 2,924 posts

Posted 24 April 2013 - 12:36 PM

View Postseeder, on 24 April 2013 - 11:12 AM, said:

OK the title is from the link given...and its the kind of thing that will excite the AA crowd who beleive aliens came and modified mans DNA...

quote:

Ancient Europeans mysteriously vanished 4,500 years ago

"The genetic lineage of Europe mysteriously transformed about 4,500 years ago", new research suggests.

The findings, detailed Tuesday in the journal Nature Communications, were drawn from several skeletons unearthed in central Europe that were up to 7,500 years old.

"What is intriguing is that the genetic markers of this first pan-European culture, which was clearly very successful, were then suddenly replaced around 4,500 years ago, and we don't know why," study co-author Alan Cooper of the University of Adelaide Australian Center for Ancient DNA said in a statement. "Something major happened, and the hunt is now on to find out what that was."

http://science.nbcne...-years-ago?lite

Modern European mitochondrial DNA Haplogroups -

1. H, U, X, T, U, V, W - These lineages became your Eastern Europeans, North-Eastern Europeans and Nordics.
2. I, J K - These are Southern, South-Eastern and Central European lineages.

The article you 're linking to is wrong and the resent develops dont support what its claiming. What was discovered is that 40% of modern European people belong to Haplogroup H. If you have blue, green or grey eyes you have a 60% chance of belonging to it.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users