Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Common Sense vs Tolerance

• Please log in to reply
92 replies to this topic

#1    F3SS

F3SS

FoT

• 9,833 posts

• Father of Twins
    3-16-16

Posted 24 April 2013 - 08:40 PM

O'Reilly vs CAIR.
I found this to be very aggravating. Not that I was surprised but thread after thread, post after post it has been like arguing with a machine that spits out the opposite of everything I say and labels me as a bigot or misinformer. Nobody is labeling the damn religion! We are labeling the jagoffs who hide behind the religion as an excuse to kill. I was going to just post this in another thread but all these threads revolving around the enemy who doesn't exist are going in a million directions. Lets see if we can't stick to one subject here which is...
Common Sense vs Tolerance: The frustration of identifying the enemy to those who won't admit there is one.
Please do not justify today's actions by going off on something Christians did a thousand years ago like you'll see in the second video.

The bs really starts at around 2:25.

Now, I can't believe what I'm about to say here but please listen to the common sense espoused by Bill Maher. It's like a unicorn so catch it while you can. It doesn't take long to get to the point.

Edited by -Mr_Fess-, 24 April 2013 - 08:45 PM.

#2    Sweetpumper

Sweetpumper

Heatseeker

• 11,964 posts

Posted 24 April 2013 - 08:46 PM

View Post-Mr_Fess-, on 24 April 2013 - 08:40 PM, said:

Now, I can't believe what I'm about to say here

I couldn't believe it either when I heard it yesterday.

"At it's most basic level, science is supposed to represent the investigation of the unexplained, not the explanation of the uninvestigated." - Hunt for the Skinwalker

"The ultimate irony of the Disclosure movement is that it deeply distrusts officialdom, while simultaneously looking to officialdom for the truth." - Robbie Graham Silver Screen Saucers

#3    Ashotep

Ashotep

Omnipotent Entity

• 9,993 posts

• Courage is being scared to death but saddling up anyway-John Wayne

Posted 25 April 2013 - 12:35 AM

Bill said it right, both of them and I don't usually side with O'Reilly.

#4    Nefer-Ankhe

Nefer-Ankhe

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 192 posts

• "Beauty is in the eye of the beholder".

Posted 25 April 2013 - 01:03 AM

@The first video...

It's a two way ticket, America is in these Islamic countries, sieging war, whilst these Islam's are in America. These type of radical religious actions and outbursts were inevitable to happen...

Edited by Nefer-Ankhe, 25 April 2013 - 01:18 AM.

"It is of course the height of irony that, after this intensive campaign to expunge them from the annals of Egypt, the Amarna pharaohs are today probably the most recognized of all the country's ancient rulers."

--- from Amarna Sunset, Aidan Dodson.

#5    redhen

redhen

Poltergeist

• 2,825 posts

Posted 25 April 2013 - 01:09 AM

Interesting video interview of the mother; "Zubeidat Tsarnaeva Tells CNN: “I Don’t Care if My Youngest Son Is Killed. I Don’t Care If I Am Killed. I Will Say Allahu Akbar"

As the gatewaypundit asks' "Are we all clear on that motive now?"

Edited by redhen, 25 April 2013 - 01:12 AM.

#6    F3SS

F3SS

FoT

• 9,833 posts

• Father of Twins
    3-16-16

Posted 25 April 2013 - 02:11 AM

Was that really the mom? That was crazy.

#7    Avatar Samantha Ai

WE DO LOVE YOU

• 3,746 posts

• It seems so important now but you will get over.
    -AF

Posted 25 April 2013 - 02:25 AM

Link lazy here so you will have to provide the trasnscript or you can transcribe a select quote.

In either case I don't watch Maher, he is not a true progressive, and you should quit parading him around as if he was one of us. Did you really think he was?

Edited by Leave Britney alone!, 25 April 2013 - 02:27 AM.

#8    F3SS

F3SS

FoT

• 9,833 posts

• Father of Twins
    3-16-16

Posted 25 April 2013 - 02:27 AM

Find your own transcript.

#9    redhen

redhen

Poltergeist

• 2,825 posts

Posted 25 April 2013 - 02:27 AM

View Post-Mr_Fess-, on 25 April 2013 - 02:11 AM, said:

Was that really the mom? That was crazy.

Some of the relatives are blaming the mother for radicalizing Tamerlan. Hard to tell if that video above just depicts a mothers sadness and anger or something more sinister. Time will tell. But if she comes to the U.S. like she said, she could be arrested for an outstanding shoplifting charge.

#10    Avatar Samantha Ai

WE DO LOVE YOU

• 3,746 posts

• It seems so important now but you will get over.
    -AF

Posted 25 April 2013 - 02:28 AM

No thanks then.

#11    F3SS

F3SS

FoT

• 9,833 posts

• Father of Twins
    3-16-16

Posted 25 April 2013 - 02:29 AM

View Postredhen, on 25 April 2013 - 02:27 AM, said:

Some of the relatives are blaming the mother for radicalizing Tamerlan. Hard to tell if that video above just depicts a mothers sadness and anger or something more sinister. Time will tell. But if she comes to the U.S. like she said, she could be arrested for an outstanding shoplifting charge.
Probably all three. I don't think she likes us.

#12    Royal

Royal

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 211 posts

• ...they keep us doped with religion and sex and tv...and we think we're so clever and classless and free...

Posted 25 April 2013 - 02:58 AM

The indictment of an entire religion can never equate to anything close to common sense!

"you oughta be in here looking out"

#13    ciriuslea

ciriuslea

Extraterrestrial Entity

• PipPipPip
  • 490 posts

• CHAMP20NS

Posted 25 April 2013 - 03:06 AM

View PostNefer-Ankhe, on 25 April 2013 - 01:03 AM, said:

It's a two way ticket, America is in these Islamic countries, sieging war, whilst these Islam's are in America.

That's not what people want to hear, according to some terrorism is something that only Muslims do, or at least 90% of it

View Post-Mr_Fess-, on 25 April 2013 - 02:11 AM, said:

Interesting Maher says not all Muslims are terrorists but you insult Islam and see what happens...IYO what did he mean by that ?

#14    F3SS

F3SS

FoT

• 9,833 posts

• Father of Twins
    3-16-16

Posted 25 April 2013 - 03:11 AM

View Postciriuslea, on 25 April 2013 - 03:06 AM, said:

That's not what people want to hear, according to some terrorism is something that only Muslims do, or at least 90% of it

Interesting Maher says not all Muslims are terrorists but you insult Islam and see what happens...IYO what did he mean by that ?
I think what he meant was try it yourself. Statements like that are the reason I made this thread.

#15    redhen

redhen

Poltergeist

• 2,825 posts

Posted 25 April 2013 - 03:13 AM

View PostRoyal, on 25 April 2013 - 02:58 AM, said:

The indictment of an entire religion can never equate to anything close to common sense!

Not an entire religion, there are most likely many kind and compassionate Muslims (if you ignore the halal slaughter practices), and there are branches of Islam, like Sufism, that are quite acceptable, to us, not so much to other Muslims.

On the other hand, may I ask if it is commonsense to label a murderous spree at Ft. Hood that results in 13 dead while the suspect yells "Allahu Akbar", workplace violence?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users