Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * * * 1 votes

Next 100 years and beyond

• Please log in to reply
85 replies to this topic

#61    third_eye

third_eye

_ M Ġ ń Ř Ī Ş_

• 8,582 posts

• "Legio nomen mihi est, quia multi sumus"

God has no religion ~ Mahatma Gandhi

Posted 02 May 2013 - 09:38 AM

View PostMr Walker, on 02 May 2013 - 09:29 AM, said:

But we know perfectly well how they were constructed. I explain the methods used, to children, all the time. You can watch any one of many documentaries that explain how their building was quite possible, using the technology and social structures of those times. Ps man on mars in 20 years. Probably chinese.

Nope it won't ... news is the plans are for a Lunar Station first and foremost .... practical reasons.

You guys can join this though ....

AXE Company Wants to Launch 22 People Into Space

by SPACE.com Staff
Date: 09 January 2013 Time: 01:28 PM ET

The company today (Jan. 9) kicked off its new AXE Apollo Space Academy, an online contest that promises to send 22 winners to the edge of space and back aboard a private spaceship. The winning space travelers will launch aboard a suborbital Lynx space plane built by the U.S. company XCOR Aerospace and operated by the tourism firm Space Expedition Curacao, AXE officials said.

space trip link

~

third_eye ' s cavern ~ bring own beer

~

#62    Sheep Smart

Sheep Smart

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 340 posts

• Im so happy I bleed it.

Posted 02 May 2013 - 09:43 AM

View PostMr Walker, on 02 May 2013 - 09:29 AM, said:

But we know perfectly well how they were constructed. I explain the methods used, to children, all the time. You can watch any one of many documentaries that explain how their building was quite possible, using the technology and social structures of those times. Ps man on mars in 20 years. Probably chinese.
flint ax and pullies thats right. 5 ton blocks carved out of granite from 500 miles away without the means of electricity and the wheel. it might have taken 20 men to lift up the 1200 ton blocks though. haha
i suppose ppl were stronger back then cause every simulated attempt at reproduing the build using the same methods proved a FAIL.

Edited by Sheep Smart, 02 May 2013 - 09:49 AM.

Other life in the universe?, you dare to imply there are entities possibly far greater than us almighty humans, creators of canned ham and reality tv. Nonsense. Absurd.

The reality that stupidy exists in abundance doesnt bother me. Its the fact that theres still no cure.

#63    Mr Walker

Mr Walker

Forum Divinity

• 15,731 posts

• Sometimes the Phantom leaves the jungle, and walks the streets of the city like an ordinary man.

Posted 02 May 2013 - 10:16 AM

View Postthird_eye, on 02 May 2013 - 09:38 AM, said:

Nope it won't ... news is the plans are for a Lunar Station first and foremost .... practical reasons.

You guys can join this though ....

space trip link

While the chinese may go to the moon before they go to mars they have the potential for ( and are planning on) a mars trip within 20 years. The americans lost the drive for space after the moon landings (and technology wasn't really up to requirements then) but the chinese will have both the drive and the technology .
Also the americans are prevented by treaty obligations from human presence on mars if it causes any contamination of the martian environment (even by human bactreria or microbal transfer.) I do not think the chinese will have this concern.

Ps while I would love to go "bodily forth" into space, my age and health make it highly unlikely. However it is not such a loss for me. Since i was a child I have Obe'd not just all through the solar system but; across galaxies,  through nebulae, and the universe. I flew through the rings of saturn before anyone knew they were only a few metres thick, and into the black hole at the centre of the galaxy before anyone even suspected it was there (nineteen fifties and early sixties)

I have visited many of the moons of the major planets  (and later had my images of them confirmed by imagery from  probes) stopped off on  rocky asteroids and travelled through the ancient stargates left behind by earlier galactic civilizations (again starting in the fifties, before the term star gate was ever thought of)

I called them portals and they look a lot more like the portals seen in the babylon five series than anything else. A sort of distortion of local space.  You enter them and they spit you out instantly half a galaxy away. None of this tunnel  stuff, or time lapse as seen on TV. It is instantaneous, like walking into a  curtain of water and out the other side.

Edited by Mr Walker, 02 May 2013 - 10:27 AM.

You are a child of the universe, no less than the trees and the stars; you have a right to be here. And whether or not it is clear to you, no doubt the universe is unfolding as it should.

Therefore be at peace with God, whatever you conceive Him to be, and whatever your labors and aspirations, in the noisy confusion of life keep peace with your soul.

With all its sham, drudgery and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world..

Be cheerful.

Strive to be happy.

#64    Mr Walker

Mr Walker

Forum Divinity

• 15,731 posts

• Sometimes the Phantom leaves the jungle, and walks the streets of the city like an ordinary man.

Posted 02 May 2013 - 12:05 PM

View PostSheep Smart, on 02 May 2013 - 09:43 AM, said:

flint ax and pullies thats right. 5 ton blocks carved out of granite from 500 miles away without the means of electricity and the wheel. it might have taken 20 men to lift up the 1200 ton blocks though. haha
i suppose ppl were stronger back then cause every simulated attempt at reproduing the build using the same methods proved a FAIL.

No that is not correct. Plenty of demonstrations have shown how such peoples built everything from stonehenge through the pyramids to the statues on easter island (All of which moved heavy blocks over large distances)

It doesnt matter how much an object weighs. Place it on a raft/ boat that displaces an equal weight of water, and you an float it. Put it on rollers and  use a lever and you can roll it easily Ive rolled objects weighing up to  several tons completely by myslef, using nothing but  rollers and a lever. I've seen a  small team of people move a whole (transportable)house using the same method

An organised community with a little technology can do a lot. They used earth ramps, water, and rollers/levers, and as archimedes said, "with a  strong enough lever and a place to stand one can move the world"

Plus a lot of myths abound about the level of skills and precision used. Again it wasn't anything beyond the skills of a good craftsman.  They observed carefully, measured twice and cut once. These people were clever, creative, and technologically capable; just like all humans, but they weren't superhuman and they had no need to be to build any of these things.

Edited by Mr Walker, 02 May 2013 - 12:11 PM.

You are a child of the universe, no less than the trees and the stars; you have a right to be here. And whether or not it is clear to you, no doubt the universe is unfolding as it should.

Therefore be at peace with God, whatever you conceive Him to be, and whatever your labors and aspirations, in the noisy confusion of life keep peace with your soul.

Be cheerful.

Strive to be happy.

#65    Mr Walker

Mr Walker

Forum Divinity

• 15,731 posts

Posted 02 May 2013 - 12:12 PM

double post but by the way some people argue that sleds were used rather than rollers to build the great pyramids of egypt, but in most parts of the world rollers were used. The argument that there were few trees in egypt  misses the point that there were a lot more then, and hat anyway egyptians traded with  other countries that did have trees and that along the nile there was access to trees easily transported on the nile.

Edited by Mr Walker, 02 May 2013 - 12:19 PM.

Be cheerful.

Strive to be happy.

#66    Sheep Smart

Sheep Smart

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 340 posts

Posted 02 May 2013 - 12:50 PM

View PostMr Walker, on 02 May 2013 - 12:05 PM, said:

No that is not correct. Plenty of demonstrations have shown how such peoples built everything from stonehenge through the pyramids to the statues on easter island (All of which moved heavy blocks over large distances)

It doesnt matter how much an object weighs. Place it on a raft/ boat that displaces an equal weight of water, and you an float it. Put it on rollers and  use a lever and you can roll it easily Ive rolled objects weighing up to  several tons completely by myslef, using nothing but  rollers and a lever. I've seen a  small team of people move a whole (transportable)house using the same method

An organised community with a little technology can do a lot. They used earth ramps, water, and rollers/levers, and as archimedes said, "with a  strong enough lever and a place to stand one can move the world"

Plus a lot of myths abound about the level of skills and precision used. Again it wasn't anything beyond the skills of a good craftsman.  They observed carefully, measured twice and cut once. These people were clever, creative, and technologically capable; just like all humans, but they weren't superhuman and they had no need to be to build any of these things.

Posted Image

Edited by Sheep Smart, 02 May 2013 - 12:58 PM.

Other life in the universe?, you dare to imply there are entities possibly far greater than us almighty humans, creators of canned ham and reality tv. Nonsense. Absurd.

The reality that stupidy exists in abundance doesnt bother me. Its the fact that theres still no cure.

#67    Sheep Smart

Sheep Smart

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 340 posts

Posted 02 May 2013 - 01:03 PM

View PostMr Walker, on 02 May 2013 - 12:12 PM, said:

double post but by the way some people argue that sleds were used rather than rollers to build the great pyramids of egypt, but in most parts of the world rollers were used. The argument that there were few trees in egypt  misses the point that there were a lot more then, and hat anyway egyptians traded with  other countries that did have trees and that along the nile there was access to trees easily transported on the nile.
lets assume youre right. and you know what they say about those who assume. explain the interior shaft purpose since noone else seems to know. given there were no bodies ever found in it nor egyptian hieros on any of the walls.  Posted Image

Edited by Sheep Smart, 02 May 2013 - 01:05 PM.

#68    Sheep Smart

Sheep Smart

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 340 posts

Posted 02 May 2013 - 02:17 PM

because its only fair i back up my reasoning;

Numerous people have demonstrated every conventional method (for both stonehenge and the Giza pyramid) and were unable to erect replicated blocks both of that size and weight let alone cut and quarry them, then haul them off from hundreds of miles away. In fact noone even attempted to try the last 3. If you have the demo proof of what you claim, people having successfully done this please post it. I need a good fall off my chair moment.

It doesnt matter how much an object weighs. Place it on a raft/ boat that displaces an equal weight of water, and you an float it. Put it on rollers and  use a lever and you can roll it easily Ive rolled objects weighing up to  several tons completely by myslef, using nothing but  rollers and a lever. I've seen a  small team of people move a whole (transportable)house using the same methodAn organised community with a little technology can do a lot. They used earth ramps, water, and rollers/levers, and as archimedes said, "with a  strong enough lever and a place to stand one can move the world"

really? so in theory a 9,000,000,000 ton block can be hoisted up to 500 feet high using simple craftmans skills as you mention, a raft/boat a levy and/or rollers? was the house hoisted up 1/4th as high?

Plus a lot of myths abound about the level of skills and precision used.
as youve just demonstrated.

Again it wasn't anything beyond the skills of a good craftsman.  They observed carefully, measured twice and cut once
how do you know how many times they measured? measured what? or cut? theres no blueprints. never any descriptions left detailing methods.

These people were clever, creative, and technologically capable; just like all humans, but they weren't superhuman and they had no need to be to build any of these things.
im not saying they were super human. im saying if you cant put out a fire dont light the match. the fact that people apply pseudo science in place of fully understand answers is sad.

Edited by Sheep Smart, 02 May 2013 - 02:20 PM.

#69    third_eye

third_eye

_ M Ġ ń Ř Ī Ş_

• 8,582 posts

Posted 02 May 2013 - 03:05 PM

Posted Image

~

~

#70    Abramelin

Abramelin

-

• 18,111 posts
  • Location:"Here the tide is ruled, by the wind, the moon and us."

• God created the world, but the Dutch created the Netherlands

Posted 02 May 2013 - 03:47 PM

View PostMr Walker, on 02 May 2013 - 12:12 PM, said:

Concerning those sleds, read the theory of Italian researcher Elio Diomedi.

http://blog.world-my...-great-pyarmid/

#71    Sheep Smart

Sheep Smart

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 340 posts

Posted 02 May 2013 - 04:07 PM

View PostAbramelin, on 02 May 2013 - 03:47 PM, said:

Concerning those sleds, read the theory of Italian researcher Elio Diomedi.

http://blog.world-my...-great-pyarmid/

"archaeologists can only put together theories on the mysterious techniques used to build the Giza pyramid". simple craftsmanship isnt one of them

#72    Abramelin

Abramelin

-

• 18,111 posts
  • Location:"Here the tide is ruled, by the wind, the moon and us."

• God created the world, but the Dutch created the Netherlands

Posted 02 May 2013 - 04:15 PM

Well, this is about the future.... so let's hope the Japanese build their mega-pyramid in Tokyo:

http://en.wikipedia....ga-City_Pyramid

#73    third_eye

third_eye

_ M Ġ ń Ř Ī Ş_

• 8,582 posts

Posted 02 May 2013 - 04:21 PM

I'd rather the Japanese not cheat and use monolithic boulders instead ... lasts longer too

~

~

#74    Sheep Smart

Sheep Smart

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 340 posts

Posted 02 May 2013 - 04:29 PM

interestingly enough the Japanese tried to also duplicate the giza. it took 10 hours to drag one block several feet with several men. to no avail. :no:

#75    third_eye

third_eye

_ M Ġ ń Ř Ī Ş_

• 8,582 posts

Posted 02 May 2013 - 04:43 PM

Posted Image
from link : http://blog.world-my...-great-pyarmid/

how this constitutes as proof of Houdin's theory of internal ramps is beyond me truth be told ...

Edited by third_eye, 02 May 2013 - 04:44 PM.

~

~

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users