Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Don't block our bid to kick out Qatada

• Please log in to reply
29 replies to this topic

#1    Ohelemapit

Ohelemapit

My freestyle rapping career didn't work out, so I came back

• 6,293 posts

• The illegitimate love-child of Strategy and Creativity. Sex God, Entrepreneur, Super Hero, Rapper, Table Dancer.

Posted 25 April 2013 - 08:51 AM

David Cameron is warning Nick Clegg he will get the blame if he blocks a temporary withdrawal from the European Convention of Human Rights to enable the deportation of Abu Qatada.

Sources close to the Prime Minister made clear he would expect the Liberal Democrat leader – who has insisted he will not countenance any suspension of the ECHR – to explain to voters why the hate preacher remained in Britain in such circumstances.

Home Secretary Theresa May told MPs yesterday that she has signed a new treaty with Abu Qatada’s native Jordan which, she believes, will mean the courts finally allowing his removal.

View: Read more

Posted Image

#2    freetoroam

freetoroam

Honourary member of the UM asylum

• 5,685 posts

Posted 25 April 2013 - 09:13 AM

I was having a rising blood pressure free morning!

In an ideal World a law would be passed were NO guns were allowed and all those out there destroyed, trouble is the law makers are not going to take a risk of trying to pass that without making sure they are armed first.

#3    ealdwita

ealdwita

Hwt oredmcg

• 4,539 posts

• Hige sceal e heardra, heorte e cenre, mod sceal e mare, e ure mgen lytla.

Posted 25 April 2013 - 11:49 AM

Ideal sequence of events.......Suitcase - taxi - airport - aeroplane - bye bye! "Abu Qatada? No sorry, we've no idea where he is at the moment."

"G a wyrd swa hio scel, ac gecnwan n gef!": "Fate goes ever as she shall, but know thine enemy!".

"I was born with a priceless gift - the ability to laugh at other peoples' troubles" - Dame Edna Everage

#4    and then

and then

Abyssus Abyssum Invocat

• 11,814 posts

• Because what came before never seems enough...

Posted 25 April 2013 - 11:59 AM

If the west changes the rules of protection for our citizens then the b******* have won.  If we give them all the same protections of a citizen...they still have won.  Interesting dilemma.  I say we destroy our enemies first, then work on bringing our bruised civil liberties back...first things first, eh?

Imagination is the power in the turn of a phrase.

#5    Welsh Shaun

Welsh Shaun

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,958 posts

• If the facts dont fit the theory, change the facts.

Posted 25 April 2013 - 12:35 PM

To the rest of the world our legal system must look idiotic and incomprehensible

Posted Image

#6    stevewinn

stevewinn

Government Agent

• 7,938 posts

• Victory at all costs, victory in spite of all terror, victory however long and hard the road may be; for without victory, there is no survival

Posted 25 April 2013 - 03:34 PM

these human rights laws have caused more trouble than enough, pre HR laws 1998 - we managed. i dont remember the walls caving in. i long for the day when we scrap the HR Laws and revert back to the laws which served us so well.

Posted Image

British by Birth - English by the Grace of God

#7    Ohelemapit

Ohelemapit

My freestyle rapping career didn't work out, so I came back

• 6,293 posts

• The illegitimate love-child of Strategy and Creativity. Sex God, Entrepreneur, Super Hero, Rapper, Table Dancer.

Posted 25 April 2013 - 03:47 PM

View Poststevewinn, on 25 April 2013 - 03:34 PM, said:

these human rights laws have caused more trouble than enough, pre HR laws 1998 - we managed. i dont remember the walls caving in. i long for the day when we scrap the HR Laws and revert back to the laws which served us so well.

I have to agree. It says it all when the Prime Minister, our Countries so called leader cannot remove someone from the Country he is supposed to rule. A good old fashioned accident is needed. *Oooops* I have said enough.

Posted Image

#8    Mr Right Wing

Mr Right Wing

Poltergeist

• Banned
  • 2,924 posts

Posted 25 April 2013 - 04:55 PM

View Postand then, on 25 April 2013 - 11:59 AM, said:

If the west changes the rules of protection for our citizens then the b******* have won.  If we give them all the same protections of a citizen...they still have won.  Interesting dilemma.  I say we destroy our enemies first, then work on bringing our bruised civil liberties back...first things first, eh?

Its an amusing situation when you have terrorists who despise everything Liberals are about yet you have Liberals who want to give them human rights.

Put them in the room together and when the terrorists have beheaded the Liberals perhaps they'll have learnt something. Shame they'd all be dead then lol.

#9    stevewinn

stevewinn

Government Agent

• 7,938 posts

• Victory at all costs, victory in spite of all terror, victory however long and hard the road may be; for without victory, there is no survival

Posted 25 April 2013 - 05:57 PM

View PostGiant Killer B, on 25 April 2013 - 04:55 PM, said:

Its an amusing situation when you have terrorists who despise everything Liberals are about yet you have Liberals who want to give them human rights.

Put them in the room together and when the terrorists have beheaded the Liberals perhaps they'll have learnt something. Shame they'd all be dead then lol.

it is amusing, the liberal types refuse to accept reality. remember the British chap one of these latter day do-gooders who was minutes away from getting his head cut off and the SAS stormed in killing the terrorists and rescuing the hostage. it took him three days to say thank you, and showed the lack of awareness all liberals exhibit by saying he will probably go back. thank god liberals are a minority, trouble is even as a minority they infest every nook and cranny of government and public life. the civil servants who serve government have not changed and need throwing out. the same civil servants for labour are still behind the scenes of this coalition government. did you see the stunt they pulled in prime ministers questions a few weeks back. were they purposely withheld information so the government front bench were caught off guard - so replying wrong figures. its a dirty game politics. until we replace the civil servants who have been pulling the strings and steering the countries policies for the last 20 years are removed we will continue with much of the same rubbish.

Posted Image

British by Birth - English by the Grace of God

#10    itsnotoutthere

itsnotoutthere

Telekinetic

• 6,953 posts

• Life is a whim of several billion cells to be you for a while

Posted 25 April 2013 - 06:22 PM

Strange isn't it that Tony Blair & his government can snuff out someone like David Kelly, but we act all powerless with this piece of s**t

“Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it everywhere, diagnosing it incorrectly and applying the wrong remedies.”
― Groucho Marx

#11    freetoroam

freetoroam

• 5,685 posts

Posted 25 April 2013 - 06:53 PM

View PostWelsh Shaun, on 25 April 2013 - 12:35 PM, said:

To the rest of the world our legal system must look idiotic and incomprehensible
Its not just the rest of the world, its the majority of British people too.

In an ideal World a law would be passed were NO guns were allowed and all those out there destroyed, trouble is the law makers are not going to take a risk of trying to pass that without making sure they are armed first.

#12    Sir Wearer of Hats

Sir Wearer of Hats

Knight of Sarcasm

• 8,745 posts

Posted 25 April 2013 - 10:56 PM

View Postealdwita, on 25 April 2013 - 11:49 AM, said:

Ideal sequence of events.......Suitcase - taxi - airport - aeroplane - bye bye! "Abu Qatada? No sorry, we've no idea where he is at the moment."
Ideal sequence of events .... umbrella - accidentally bumped - sting - cough cough "I don't feel well" - no autopsy because of his beliefs - hole in the ground.

#13    ciriuslea

ciriuslea

Extraterrestrial Entity

• PipPipPip
  • 490 posts

• CHAMP20NS

Posted 25 April 2013 - 11:32 PM

I don't see why we cant send the judges who are blocking all our attempts to extradite him to Jordan with him, if they're so interested in his human rights why they cant be the judicators of his trial, or at least have a top european judge head the trial, I wonder how many would see things different after the thought of months sweating in a hotel room in the middle east

#14    spud the mackem

spud the mackem

Spud the Mackem

• 3,048 posts

• man who ask for nothing shall never be disappointed

Posted 26 April 2013 - 09:01 AM

Are we providing defence lawyers to protect his appeals,or are they Al-Qaeda guys ?.

(1) try your best, ............if that dont work.
(2) try your second best, ........if that dont work
(3) give up you aint gonna win

#15    freetoroam

freetoroam

• 5,685 posts

Posted 26 April 2013 - 10:36 AM

View Postspud the mackem, on 26 April 2013 - 09:01 AM, said:

Are we providing defence lawyers to protect his appeals,or are they Al-Qaeda guys ?.
The public revulsion towards Qatada is unlikely to affect his lawyer, who has previously represented Myra Hindley and Jon Venables, one of the killers of James Bulger.

----------------------------------
Says it all really!!
would not surprise me if he was trying to get Abu a new identity right now! shave the beard, get rid of the frock and sandals and get a job in KFC!!

Edited by freetoroam, 26 April 2013 - 10:37 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users