Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Don't block our bid to kick out Qatada

• Please log in to reply
29 replies to this topic

#16    Mr Right Wing

Mr Right Wing

Poltergeist

• Banned
  • 2,924 posts

Posted 26 April 2013 - 11:41 AM

View Postfreetoroam, on 25 April 2013 - 06:53 PM, said:

Its not just the rest of the world, its the majority of British people too.

I suspect political parties are tied down to stop them representing the people by minority stakeholders.

My impression is that if a politician broke ranks and said I'd stop immigration, deport terrorists, give serious criminals the death penalty, leave the EU, put Britain through a new industrial revolution, then go and restablish Britain as a military and economic superpower they'd have him/her out of the party so fast their feet wouldnt touch the ground.

#17    freetoroam

freetoroam

Honourary member of the UM asylum

• 7,518 posts

• If you didn't see it with your own eyes, or hear it with your own ears, don't invent it with your small mind and share it with your big mouth!

Posted 26 April 2013 - 11:58 AM

View PostGiant Killer B, on 26 April 2013 - 11:41 AM, said:

I suspect political parties are tied down to stop them representing the people by minority stakeholders.

My impression is that if a politician broke ranks and said I'd stop immigration, deport terrorists, give serious criminals the death penalty, leave the EU, put Britain through a new industrial revolution, then go and restablish Britain as a military and economic superpower they'd have him/her out of the party so fast their feet wouldnt touch the ground.
His feet would be with the rest of his body more like, 6ft under.....but it would have been suicide......yep, that old chestnut.

In an ideal World a law would be passed were NO guns were allowed and all those out there destroyed, trouble is the law makers are not going to take a risk of trying to pass that without making sure they are armed first.

#18    spud the mackem

spud the mackem

Spud the Mackem

• 3,588 posts

• man who ask for nothing shall never be disappointed

Posted 26 April 2013 - 05:23 PM

View Postfreetoroam, on 26 April 2013 - 10:36 AM, said:

The public revulsion towards Qatada is unlikely to affect his lawyer, who has previously represented Myra Hindley and Jon Venables, one of the killers of James Bulger.

----------------------------------
Says it all really!!
would not surprise me if he was trying to get Abu a new identity right now! shave the beard, get rid of the frock and sandals and get a job in KFC!!
  The problem is that if he took off his nightie,and shaved his whiskers, no one would know who he is and he could change his name and live in Bradford forever.

(1) try your best, ............if that dont work.
(2) try your second best, ........if that dont work
(3) give up you aint gonna win

#19    freetoroam

freetoroam

• 7,518 posts

• If you didn't see it with your own eyes, or hear it with your own ears, don't invent it with your small mind and share it with your big mouth!

Posted 26 April 2013 - 05:26 PM

View Postspud the mackem, on 26 April 2013 - 05:23 PM, said:

The problem is that if he took off his nightie,and shaved his whiskers, no one would know who he is and he could change his name and live in Bradford forever.
he could be there right now in any number of corner shops, the one see on telly could just be a double!

In an ideal World a law would be passed were NO guns were allowed and all those out there destroyed, trouble is the law makers are not going to take a risk of trying to pass that without making sure they are armed first.

#20    spud the mackem

spud the mackem

Spud the Mackem

• 3,588 posts

Posted 26 April 2013 - 05:42 PM

View Postfreetoroam, on 26 April 2013 - 05:26 PM, said:

he could be there right now in any number of corner shops, the one see on telly could just be a double!
  Well he isn't in our Fish & Chip shop because Elvis works there.

#21    freetoroam

freetoroam

• 7,518 posts

Posted 26 April 2013 - 05:47 PM

And he is not working at our local serving up the pork roast carvery on a Sunday.

We will find this guy!

#22    ali smack

ali smack

Paranormal Investigator

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 839 posts

• If something's hard to do, then it's not worth doing

Posted 27 April 2013 - 01:07 AM

What a lot of people don't understand is we can't send him to a country where he's likely to be tortured or use evidence against him, which they got while he was tortured.
Because it will look bad on us and also means whenever our citizens get tortured or mistreated in any other countries they'll use his case against us.
I don't like him as much as the next guy but it's a tricky situation

#23    Sir Wearer of Hats

Sir Wearer of Hats

SCIENCE!

• 10,817 posts

Posted 27 April 2013 - 03:10 AM

View Postali smack, on 27 April 2013 - 01:07 AM, said:

What a lot of people don't understand is we can't send him to a country where he's likely to be tortured or use evidence against him, which they got while he was tortured.
Because it will look bad on us and also means whenever our citizens get tortured or mistreated in any other countries they'll use his case against us.
I don't like him as much as the next guy but it's a tricky situation
correct me if I'm wrong - but he's not a citizen. He's someone living in the country but who is a "citizen" of another country.

I must not fear. Fear is the Mind-Killer. It is the little death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear.
I will permit it to pass over me and to move through me. And when it is gone I will turn the inner eye to see it's path.
When the fear is gone, there will be nothing.
Only I will remain.

#24    spud the mackem

spud the mackem

Spud the Mackem

• 3,588 posts

Posted 27 April 2013 - 07:23 AM

View PostWearer of Hats, on 27 April 2013 - 03:10 AM, said:

correct me if I'm wrong - but he's not a citizen. He's someone living in the country but who is a "citizen" of another country.
  At the moment he's in the Slammer getting 3 meals a day and watching T.V.until his appeal comes up,but his wife and kids are still claiming benefits from the state.

#25    Mr Right Wing

Mr Right Wing

Poltergeist

• Banned
  • 2,924 posts

Posted 27 April 2013 - 11:56 AM

What a lot of people don't understand is we can't send him to a country where he's likely to be tortured or use evidence against him, which they got while he was tortured. Because it will look bad on us and also means whenever our citizens get tortured or mistreated in any other countries they'll use his case against us. I don't like him as much as the next guy but it's a tricky situation

Have you heard yourself?

This guy is not a white fluffy bunny he's been planning terrorist attacks. He wants to murder those like me, you and the rest of our people. You do understand that dont you?

If I was PM not only would he be deported straight to Jordan regardless of the liberals throughout the EU moaning I'd make sure he cant do any terrorists act there too - I'd have his arms and legs sawn off before we deport the ****.

#26    Walter White

Walter White

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 139 posts
  • Location:United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland

• "He will regret it but once, and that will be continuously." - J.E.B. Stuart

Posted 27 April 2013 - 12:28 PM

It's time like these that I'm reminded of Yellow Submarine.  It was love which expelled the Blue Meanies from Pepperland.

We've tried hating Qatada out of the country and it hasn't worked, hate likes hate, or hate hates hate which hate likes, or hates.

Why don't we just start hugging Qatada everytime we see him, tell him we love him, drench that beard of his in kisses, invite him round to the house for tea and The Voice, maybe even play a game Trivial Pursuit.

He'll leave of his own choosing eventually, god knows I would.

Edited by Walter White, 27 April 2013 - 12:29 PM.

"I can anticipate no greater calamity for the country than the dissolution of the Union.  It would be an accumulation of all the evils we complain of, and I am willing to sacrifice everything but honor for it's preservation." - General Robert E. Lee

"I think I understand what military fame is; to be killed on the field of battle and have your name misspelled in the newspapers." - Major General William Tecumseh Sherman

#27    spud the mackem

spud the mackem

Spud the Mackem

• 3,588 posts

Posted 27 April 2013 - 03:39 PM

View PostWalter White, on 27 April 2013 - 12:28 PM, said:

It's time like these that I'm reminded of Yellow Submarine.  It was love which expelled the Blue Meanies from Pepperland.

We've tried hating Qatada out of the country and it hasn't worked, hate likes hate, or hate hates hate which hate likes, or hates.

Why don't we just start hugging Qatada everytime we see him, tell him we love him, drench that beard of his in kisses, invite him round to the house for tea and The Voice, maybe even play a game Trivial Pursuit.

He'll leave of his own choosing eventually, god knows I would.
  Wouldn't want to "drench his beard in kisses",its probably full of fleas or nits.along with countless bits of breakfasts.

#28    freetoroam

freetoroam

• 7,518 posts

Posted 27 April 2013 - 04:12 PM

We got the European court of human rights to stop that happening..............oh wait!! these other countries do not give a damn about that now, let alone in the future.

#29    Sthenno

Sthenno

Poltergeist

• 2,167 posts

Posted 27 April 2013 - 11:37 PM

View PostGiant Killer B, on 27 April 2013 - 11:56 AM, said:

Have you heard yourself?

This guy is not a white fluffy bunny he's been planning terrorist attacks. He wants to murder those like me, you and the rest of our people. You do understand that dont you?

If I was PM not only would he be deported straight to Jordan regardless of the liberals throughout the EU moaning I'd make sure he cant do any terrorists act there too - I'd have his arms and legs sawn off before we deport the ****.

I think the point that they were trying to make is that you have to look at the whole situation, not just an individual.

People who want to protect Human Rights laws aren't doing do because they think people like him should be protected. They want to protect them because they know the dangers of manipulating laws to make exceptions as and when we want to. If the government bends human rights laws to punish one person, what's to stop them doing it again? What's to stop them bending them to punish anyone they like? And if we do do that, what's to stop other countries doing the same thing to our own citizens?

#30    Sir Wearer of Hats

Sir Wearer of Hats

SCIENCE!

• 10,817 posts

Posted 28 April 2013 - 04:17 AM

View PostWalter White, on 27 April 2013 - 12:28 PM, said:

invite him round to the house for ... The Voice,
Now that is just cruel and unusual punishment!

I must not fear. Fear is the Mind-Killer. It is the little death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear.
I will permit it to pass over me and to move through me. And when it is gone I will turn the inner eye to see it's path.
When the fear is gone, there will be nothing.
Only I will remain.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users