Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

U.S. President Bush (younger)

sear

Published on Tuesday, November 16, 2010 by The Progressive

Bush Can’t Travel Abroad Without Risking Arrest

by Matthew Rothschild

George W. Bush better stay at home.

The confessed waterboarder is a marked man. If he travels abroad, other countries can—and should—nab him and try him for the crime of torture.

In his memoir and in last week’s NBC interview, Bush acknowledged ordering waterboarding.

He says the lawyers told him it wasn’t torture. But he got bad legal advice.

Attorney General Eric Holder has recognized waterboarding as torture. So has the State Department, as the great civil liberties Bill Quigley points out at the Center for Constitutional Rights.

Given that, Holder has an obligation to press charges against the former president. But neither Holder nor his boss has the guts to do that. And what a shame that is!

Prosecutors in other countries, however, may not be so spineless. “Under international law, anyone involved in torture must be brought to justice, and that does not exclude former President George W. Bush,” said Claudio Cordone, senior director of Amnesty International.

“If his admission is substantiated, the USA has the obligation to prosecute him,” Cordone said, adding ominously: “In the absence of a U.S. investigation, other states must step in and carry out such an investigation themselves.”

Under the Geneva Conventions and the Convention against Torture and Other Cruel, Inhuman or Degrading Treatment or Punishment, countries that have ratified the accords have a binding obligation to exercise jurisdiction over those accused of grave breaches. (See “Stripping Rumsfeld and Bush of Impunity,”)

So if I were Bush (and what a horrifying thought that is!), I’d cancel those plans to visit Spain or Germany or any other country where some prosecutor, somewhere, respects international law.

© 2010 The Progressive

https://www.commondreams.org/view/2010/11/16-1

Is this factually correct? If so, why has he not already been arrested?

• Like 3

as if they would arrest a member of one of the premier families in the one world government. You will see, the world government will be a reality sooner than we think.

• Like 3

if only it was that easy. as if some kind of sheriff could be dispatched to 'bring him in'

the gov is a bloated chimera, and friends have friends if you know what i mean..

..from what i can fathom, it looks like various global networks are being purged as of late

a kind of upper-management restructuring

something from the movie Dune comes to mind here

"the harkonnen are a rogue house, they cannot buy prestige"

[edit: that one was for oversword] :)

every dog has its day, and the bushies will answer to a higher power.. i'm patient :)

Edited by unit
  • Like 4

No one will arrest him but he has been convicted.

Prominent world leaders such as Bishop Desmond Tutu are calling for Bush's arrest (along with Tony Blair), and Bush is now not just a suspect but a convicted war criminal, having been convicted in absentia by a Malaysian Court.

http://www.huffingtonpost.ca/gavin-magrath/george-bush-war-criminal_b_2138057.html

• Like 2

Bush Jr can keep quiet until time he will blab and tar the people around him for the fiasco, he'll be clean as a baby on first birthday, daddy Bush has seen to that.

having been convicted in absentia by a Malaysian Court

yes, because that is sooo legit...and Malaysia has a sparkling human rights record :whistle:

• Like 3

yes, because that is sooo legit...and Malaysia has a sparkling human rights record :whistle:

:whistle:

War Crimes Tribunal in Malaysia convicts Bush and Cheney of crimes against humanity

A high ranking former UN official, former UN Assistant Secretary General, Denis Halliday, who also attended the trial, later told Press TV that the UN had been too weak during the Bush administration to enforce the Geneva Conventions.

He said: “The UN is a weak body, corrupted by member states, who use the Security Council for their own interests. They don’t respect the charter. They don’t respect the international law. They don’t respect the Geneva Conventions…A redundant, possibly a dangerous, and certainly corrupted organization.”

Following the hearing, former Malaysian premier Mahatir said of Bush and others: “These are basically murderers and they kill on large scale.”

It was the second so-called war crimes tribunal in Malaysia.

The token court was first held in November 2011 during which Bush and former British Prime Minister Tony Blair were found guilty of committing “crimes against peace” during the Iraq war.

link

Bush Convicted of War Crimes in Absentia

“As a tribunal of conscience, the Tribunal is fully aware that its verdict is merely declaratory in nature. The tribunal has no power of enforcement, no power to impose any custodial sentence on any one or more of the 8 convicted persons. What we can do, under Article 31 of Chapter VI of Part 2 of the Charter is to recommend to the Kuala Lumpur War Crimes Commission to submit this finding of conviction by the Tribunal, together with a record of these proceedings, to the Chief Prosecutor of the International Criminal Court, as well as the United Nations and the Security Council.

link

Kuala Lumpur War Crimes Commission

In November 2011 the tribunal purportedly exercised universal jurisdiction to try in absentia former US President George W. Bush and former British Prime Minister Tony Blair, convicting both for crimes against peace because of what the tribunal concluded was the unlawful invasion of Iraq.[7][8][9]

In May 2012 after hearing testimony for a week from victims of torture at Abu Ghraib and Guantanamo, the tribunal unanimously convicted in absentia former President Bush, former Vice President Dick Cheney, former Defense Secretary Donald Rumsfeld, former Deputy Assistant Attorneys General John Yoo and Jay Bybee, former Attorney General Alberto Gonzales, and former counselors David Addington and William Haynes II of conspiracy to commit war crimes, specifically torture.[10] The tribunal referred their findings to the chief prosecutor at the International Court of Justice in the Hague.[11]

wiki link

If the invasion is unlawful, what makes Bush Jr and his cohorts lawful ?

Malaysian Human Rights records may not be 'sparkling' to you but compared to some of the 'top Developed Nations' Malaysia practically is nothing short of 'exemplary' and 'dazzling'

• Like 1

Why not just let him Rot in Peace.

I suspect the Bushes as a political dynasty have had their day. To much dirty linen been aired all over the internet.

Caligula would have blushed at what they got up to.

i would like to see Bush Senior put on trial for his part in the assassination of JFK.

Br Cornelius

Edited by Guest

I would like to see the Easter Bunny brought to trial for crimes against chocolate.

Malaysia is a shining example of human rights?

H'm. Right below North Korea, I'm guessing.

Cue Gangnam style....

• Like 1

I would like to see the Easter Bunny brought to trial for crimes against chocolate.

Malaysia is a shining example of human rights?

H'm. Right below North Korea, I'm guessing.

Cue Gangnam style....

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:^_^

I suspect the Bushes as a political dynasty have had their day. To much dirty linen been aired all over the internet.

Caligula would have blushed at what they got up to.

I doubt you're correct. I predict that by the year 2024, the half Mexican grandson of George the first and nephew of George W., George P. Bush will be a force in the republican party.

tumblr_md8nx9Tkev1r37y87o1_400.jpg

• Like 1

So the great Eric Holder has proclaimed water boarding as torture...

Well, I guess that beats the alternative of death which is what countless Mexican residents got and US citizens and agents got from the Fast and Furious operation. If anyone should be arrested and brought to justice it is Holder and also Obama for covering his *** with executive privilege...

• Like 2

"Why not just let him Rot in Peace." st

Why not let ALL mass-murders "rot in peace" (meaning go without judicial process)?

OS,

Regarding Prescot,

Barbara Bush was interviewed at the Bush library assembly yesterday, about her son Jeb & the presidency. She asserted she thought he'd be an excellent president. She also said she thought he shouldn't run. She said there are more than just ~4 families to lead America.

• Like 2

I don't believe he has been charged by the international courts so as long as he doesn't go to Malaysia he should be fine.

• Like 1

I doubt you're correct. I predict that by the year 2024, the half Mexican grandson of George the first and nephew of George W., George P. Bush will be a force in the republican party.

tumblr_md8nx9Tkev1r37y87o1_400.jpg

Watch a torrent of facts about the Bush crimes stop that happening. Nice boy ruined by a bad family.

Br Cornelius

It's a ceremony.

The U.S. political duopoly calls a truce at such ceremonies, so one party doesn't rain on the parade of the other, simple reciprocity (& hypocrisy).

Carter had to stretch as far as Bush's aid to Africa to find something to praise about Bush. I'm not aware of Carter having said much else. It's an insult that's only implied (I liked this, it's everything else I didn't like).

• Like 1