Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * * * 1 votes

Jersey City man with IEDs arrested on train..

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1    Spiral staircase

Spiral staircase

Breaking

• 3,607 posts

• Such an ugly feeling that won't leave.

Posted 26 April 2013 - 04:22 AM

The topic title is from the news:

http://www.huffingto..._n_3158241.html

http://www.nj.com/hu..._medium=twitter

The topic description is mine:

It seems the police did not even bother to tell the media. Had he been Muslim you most likely would of heard about it and the media would have hyped it up to generate more fear.

The media though at least is not the same media of the Bush-era where "terrorism" was a word repeated every 30 seconds in media.

Of course we can't just go and bomb Chechnya (it is inside Russia) as we did Iraq (who was not even involved in 9-11). No money to be made here, move along folks, nothing to see.

Edited by Leave Britney alone!, 26 April 2013 - 04:27 AM.

#2    Sir Wearer of Hats

Sir Wearer of Hats

Is not a number!

• 9,330 posts

Posted 26 April 2013 - 05:03 AM

or, alternatively, they decided that it wasn't worth instigating panic over something they think the've dealt ith sufficently.

#3    Kowalski

Kowalski

The Original Penguin Conspiracy Theorist

• 4,102 posts

• It's All Some Kind Of Wacked Out Conspiracy....

Posted 26 April 2013 - 12:56 PM

View PostLeave Britney alone!, on 26 April 2013 - 04:22 AM, said:

It seems the police did not even bother to tell the media. Had he been Muslim you most likely would of heard about it and the media would have hyped it up to generate more fear.

The media though at least is not the same media of the Bush-era where "terrorism" was a word repeated every 30 seconds in media.

Of course we can't just go and bomb Chechnya (it is inside Russia) as we did Iraq (who was not even involved in 9-11). No money to be made here, move along folks, nothing to see.

Got agree with 'ya on that one. I think most of the hijackers in 9/11 were from Saudi Arabia...

Anyway, we ALL know who will benefit from these "terrorist bombings" and it's the US Military Industrial Complex. More drones, more money for the companies that make them...

#4    supervike

supervike

Alien Abducter

• 5,221 posts

Posted 26 April 2013 - 02:54 PM

Just to interject a point.  It's not the Polices job to 'notify' the media on something like this.

This is all on the media themselves.

#5    questionmark

questionmark

Cinicus Magnus

• 34,048 posts

• In a flat world there is an explanation to everything.

Posted 26 April 2013 - 02:55 PM

.... besides the little fact that you may not want to spill the beans before the helpers go into deep hiding.

A skeptic is a well informed believer and a pessimist a well informed optimist
The most dangerous views of the world are from those who have never seen it. ~ Alexander v. Humboldt
If you want to bulls**t me please do it so that it takes me more than a minute to find out

about me

#6    Stardrive

Stardrive

Resident Bass Guitarist

• 3,117 posts

Posted 26 April 2013 - 03:48 PM

Jersey City man with IEDs arrested on train..

The plot was foiled and nothing happened.

... the Boston Bombings

The plot succeeded and people were killed at a high profile event.

Hope that helps.

Posted Image

#7    Corp

Corp

Telekinetic

• 6,932 posts

Posted 26 April 2013 - 04:05 PM

I must say it's a bit surprising to see people upset with the media not talking about a failed terrorist plot. Normally it's the other way around.

War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things: the decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling which thinks that nothing is worth a war, is much worse...A man who has nothing which he is willing to fight for, nothing which he cares more about than he does about his personal safety, is a miserable creature who has no chance of being free, unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself.

#8    ColoradoParanormal

ColoradoParanormal

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,298 posts

• 'Discovery consists of seeing what everybody has seen and thinking what nobody has thought.'

Posted 26 April 2013 - 06:01 PM

View PostLeave Britney alone!, on 26 April 2013 - 04:22 AM, said:

Your quick whips and "educated" beliefs in the war in Iraq are awe-inspiring. Unfortunately, you're COMPLETELY wrong. I served over 5 tours in Iraq and Afghanistan with the 101st Special Operations and still hold a very high security clearance. The "education" people received from their only resource, the media, was SO completely wrong, that it still makes me sick.

Again, the assumptions you have expressed on the war in Iraq and Afghanistan are complete tosh and an absolute fallacy.

#9    aztek

aztek

Alien Abducter

• 4,960 posts

Posted 26 April 2013 - 07:21 PM

Panasenko also tells the Daily News that that explosives were in fact fireworks, not bombs. “They were fireworks,” he said, adding, “Obviously, it was a bad idea.”
Panasenko was released on his own recognizance, The Daily News reports, after investigators searched his home and found material to make explosives, but found no completed devices.

so now fireworks are ied's???? if it really was bombs, would he be releaced on his own recognizance??????

Edited by aztek, 26 April 2013 - 07:22 PM.

RESIDENT TROLL.

#10    tapirmusic

tapirmusic

Astral Projection

• Closed
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 643 posts

Posted 26 April 2013 - 07:21 PM

These were just homemade fireworks with no intention of being used on people.
Technically they were IEDs, but were never Bombs or weapons.

But you bet the media would have jumped all over this story if this kid were in any way related to the Tea Party.

#11    aztek

aztek

Alien Abducter

• 4,960 posts

Posted 26 April 2013 - 11:43 PM

View Postaztek, on 26 April 2013 - 07:21 PM, said:

The Daily News reports, after investigators searched his home and found material to make explosives, but found no completed devices.

so now fireworks are ied's???? if it really was bombs, would he be releaced on his own recognizance??????

i wonder was it duct tape,  paper and matches?  lol

RESIDENT TROLL.

#12    iNvRG

iNvRG

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 82 posts

Posted 27 April 2013 - 02:08 AM

LOL You know something, this morning when I first saw this topic I wrote out something about how the word "IED" is used so broadly to describe anything that explodes whether it's an M80 or a mortar shell converted into a bomb. Same thing also goes to road flares the police and media refer to those as incendiary devices. I ended up not posting because I got distracted and ended up closing out chrome.

"We as humans believe in a superior being because we as humans can not comprehend the magnitude of our own existence"

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users