Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

A dead Jack Russell and a headless drummer:

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1    Ohelemapit

Ohelemapit

My freestyle rapping career didn't work out, so I came back

• 6,293 posts

• The illegitimate love-child of Strategy and Creativity. Sex God, Entrepreneur, Super Hero, Rapper, Table Dancer.

Posted 26 April 2013 - 10:13 AM

• Nominees are cartoonist David Shrigley, creator of 'live encounters' Tino Seghal, film-maker Laura Prouvost and painter Lynette Tiadom-Boakye
  • One judge admits the works may not count as art in the eyes of the public
  • Prestigious award will be handed out in Londonderry on December 2

View: Read more

Posted Image

#2    Taun

Taun

A dashing moose about town...

• 6,008 posts

Posted 26 April 2013 - 11:38 AM

IMO a load of absolute rubbish... Actually, I've seen pure rubbish that was more 'artful' than most of this crap...

Although of the lot, Ms Yiadom-Boakye's works are actual art  - perhaps not 'prize winning'... but at least it's a serious attempt at creating art... not lazy half hearted attempts like the rest...

The "Fight Nothingness" poster looks like it was done by a not very talented middle school student... Who got a B- on it...

Edited by Taun, 26 April 2013 - 11:39 AM.

#3    Lava_Lady

Lava_Lady

Official UM Asylum Resident

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,832 posts

• Wha? /:0\

Posted 26 April 2013 - 12:41 PM

I don't get the art.  I do think the headstone is pretty funny though...the other stuff is just weird and exhausting.

"The test of a first-rate intelligence is the ability to hold two opposed ideas in the mind at the same time, and still retain the ability to function."  - F. Scott Fitzgerald

#4    Ohelemapit

Ohelemapit

My freestyle rapping career didn't work out, so I came back

• 6,293 posts

• The illegitimate love-child of Strategy and Creativity. Sex God, Entrepreneur, Super Hero, Rapper, Table Dancer.

Posted 26 April 2013 - 03:11 PM

View PostLava_Lady, on 26 April 2013 - 12:41 PM, said:

I don't get the art.  I do think the headstone is pretty funny though...the other stuff is just weird and exhausting.

I disagree, I think you probably do get art, what you don't get is "crap" fobbed off as art.

Posted Image

#5    Lava_Lady

Lava_Lady

Official UM Asylum Resident

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,832 posts

• Wha? /:0\

Posted 27 April 2013 - 12:41 AM

View Postxsas, on 26 April 2013 - 03:11 PM, said:

I disagree, I think you probably do get art, what you don't get is "crap" fobbed off as art.

Lol you may be right

"The test of a first-rate intelligence is the ability to hold two opposed ideas in the mind at the same time, and still retain the ability to function."  - F. Scott Fitzgerald

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users