Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

[Merged]Man survives shooting himself with harpoon

• Please log in to reply
34 replies to this topic

#1    Saru

Saru

Site Webmaster

• 19,859 posts

• "The most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious." - Albert Einstein

Posted 26 April 2013 - 02:00 PM

Bruno Coutinho from Brazil was cleaning his harpoon gun when it went off, spearing him through the head.

Sky News said:

Bruno Coutinho was cleaning his harpoon gun at his home in Petropolis when he accidentally triggered the apparatus, sending the harpoon through his left eye and into his cranium.

Posted Image Read more...

#2    freetoroam

freetoroam

Honourary member of the UM asylum

• 6,530 posts

• If you didn't see it with your own eyes, or hear it with your own ears, don't invent it with your small mind and share it with your big mouth!

Posted 26 April 2013 - 02:13 PM

Whats that below his chin? looks like he has swallowed part of a  chain. This guy really needs some H&S training.

In an ideal World a law would be passed were NO guns were allowed and all those out there destroyed, trouble is the law makers are not going to take a risk of trying to pass that without making sure they are armed first.

#3    ExpandMyMind

ExpandMyMind

Telekinetic

• Closed
  • 6,628 posts

Posted 26 April 2013 - 02:41 PM

Bet it was itchy.

#4    Moon Gazer

Moon Gazer

Remote Viewer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 524 posts

• Stonewylde.... follow me to Stonewylde....

Posted 26 April 2013 - 02:48 PM

OUCH!  Seriously though, what kind of nut would clean his harpoon with it all ready to fire and have it pointed at his head?!?  He's a lucky guy!!

#5    freetoroam

freetoroam

• 6,530 posts

• If you didn't see it with your own eyes, or hear it with your own ears, don't invent it with your small mind and share it with your big mouth!

Posted 26 April 2013 - 02:53 PM

View PostMoon Gazer, on 26 April 2013 - 02:48 PM, said:

OUCH!  Seriously though, what kind of nut would clean his harpoon with it all ready to fire and have it pointed at his head?!?
Bruno Coutinho from Brazil apparently.

In an ideal World a law would be passed were NO guns were allowed and all those out there destroyed, trouble is the law makers are not going to take a risk of trying to pass that without making sure they are armed first.

#6    ealdwita

ealdwita

Hwt oredmcg

• 4,707 posts

• Hige sceal e heardra, heorte e cenre, mod sceal e mare, e ure mgen lytla.

Posted 26 April 2013 - 02:56 PM

That'll teach his mum to call her kids names like 'Moby Dick' and 'Free Willy'!

"G a wyrd swa hio scel, ac gecnwan n gef!": "Fate goes ever as she shall, but know thine enemy!".

"I was born with a priceless gift - the ability to laugh at other peoples' troubles" - Dame Edna Everage

#7    AliveInDeath7

AliveInDeath7

Enlightened Seeker

• 2,712 posts

Posted 26 April 2013 - 03:01 PM

Should've taken the harpoon out first.. :unsure2:

#8    freetoroam

freetoroam

• 6,530 posts

Posted 26 April 2013 - 03:03 PM

View Postealdwita, on 26 April 2013 - 02:56 PM, said:

That'll teach his mum to call her kids names like 'Moby Dick' and 'Free Willy'!
Free willy got off lightly, but Dick has now got an arrow in his head....sounds about right!

#9    Ashotep

Ashotep

Telekinetic

• 7,150 posts

• Courage is being scared to death but saddling up anyway-John Wayne

Posted 26 April 2013 - 03:09 PM

That hurts just looking at it.

Don't clean a loaded weapon.

#10    sergeantflynn

sergeantflynn

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 165 posts

• WHY WORRY ?

Posted 26 April 2013 - 03:32 PM

wonder if he now qualifies for half-price spectacles

#11    ancient astronaut

ancient astronaut

Astral Projection

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 697 posts

• It Is What It Is.

Posted 26 April 2013 - 04:42 PM

That's one way to make the evening news.

#12    pallidin

pallidin

Majestic 12 Operative

• 6,156 posts

• "When life gets you down... swim with a dolphin"

Posted 26 April 2013 - 05:29 PM

Ouch.

#13    seeder

seeder

Nut Cracker

• 8,725 posts

• Never forget that only the weak fish swim with the stream, and a lie travels half way around the world while the truth is putting on its shoes

Posted 26 April 2013 - 07:18 PM

Wow lucky break, except for his eye ! And its a lousy harpoon then, a fish can wriggle of that, there is no barb! (Lucky for him too)

When I had a spear gun years ago they 'always' had barbs on the spear so the fish cant get off the line!!

Posted Image

The England team visited an orphanage in Brazil today. “It’s heartbreaking to see their sad little faces with no hope” .....said Jose, age 6.
It's not the depth of the rabbit hole that bugs me... It's all the rabbit poop you stumble over on your way down...
“It's easier to fool people - than to convince them that they have been fooled.”  Mark Twain

#14    DieChecker

DieChecker

I'm a Rogue Scholar

• 16,377 posts

• Hey, I'm not wrong. I'm just not completely right.

Posted 26 April 2013 - 08:23 PM

I hope he learned a Sharp leason and got the point of what he was trying to do. :w00t:

Here at Intel we make processors on 12 inch wafers. And, the individual processors on the wafers are called die. And, I am employed to check these die. That is why I am the DieChecker.

At times one remains faithful to a cause only because its opponents do not cease to be insipid. - Friedrich Nietzsche

Qualifications? This is cryptozoology, dammit! All that is required is the spirit of adventure. - Night Walker

#15    seeder

seeder

Nut Cracker

• 8,725 posts

• Never forget that only the weak fish swim with the stream, and a lie travels half way around the world while the truth is putting on its shoes

Posted 26 April 2013 - 08:29 PM

View PostDieChecker, on 26 April 2013 - 08:23 PM, said:

I hope he learned a Sharp leason and got the point of what he was trying to do. :w00t:

Yeh hehe, its the kind of lesson that sticks in your mind isnt it? :w00t: :w00t:

The England team visited an orphanage in Brazil today. “It’s heartbreaking to see their sad little faces with no hope” .....said Jose, age 6.
It's not the depth of the rabbit hole that bugs me... It's all the rabbit poop you stumble over on your way down...
“It's easier to fool people - than to convince them that they have been fooled.”  Mark Twain

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users