Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Arkansas Oil Spill and Media Coverage

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1    jugoso

jugoso

One Love

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,608 posts

• "Freedom is free of the need to feel free. Free your mind and you ass will follow. The kingdom of heaven is within"
    G.Clinton

Posted 26 April 2013 - 07:45 PM

Just wondering if anyone can help me find some of the latest news as to what the situation is with the oil spill in Mayflower. I realize the Boston bombing occured and has received most of the media attention. However, I am puzzled by the fact that I am unable to find anything about the current situation. Why is more information not being made public? Seems like major media has forgotten all about it.  I could be wrong. Is there anyone that can provide some links with recent information. Thanks in advance

"Freedom is free of the need to feel free.
Free your mind and you ass will follow.
The kingdom of heaven is within"
G.Clinton

#2    justcalmebubba

justcalmebubba

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 229 posts

• there are many things that bump along in the nite but there are sum of us that bump back

Posted 26 April 2013 - 10:55 PM

aum the arkansas game an fish jumped in on this a few days later and toeather  with the aspa and another  gov org  plus several local construstion companys   and lots of public labor the area in mayflower was cleaned up and nature was restored back to the best they could get it  there wasnt much in the media about it only 1 or 2 realy articals  and  the nightly news broadcast
  one thing we arky's are good about is clean up

#3    Jackofalltrades

Jackofalltrades

Astral Projection

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 747 posts

• Never put off until tomorrow what you can do today...
    As You don't know what tomorrow bring's.......

Posted 26 April 2013 - 11:18 PM

View Postjugoso, on 26 April 2013 - 07:45 PM, said:

Just wondering if anyone can help me find some of the latest news as to what the situation is with the oil spill in Mayflower. I realize the Boston bombing occured and has received most of the media attention. However, I am puzzled by the fact that I am unable to find anything about the current situation. Why is more information not being made public? Seems like major media has forgotten all about it.  I could be wrong. Is there anyone that can provide some links with recent information. Thanks in advance

Dont know if this is any good/ what You are looking for

http://www.treehugge...nsans-sick.html

Dont forget, these Oil companies have really deep pocket's    :whistle:

Posted Image

#4    AsteroidX

AsteroidX

Government Agent

• 3,570 posts

• it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such Government, and to provide new Guards for their future security

Posted 26 April 2013 - 11:41 PM

aum the arkansas game an fish jumped in on this a few days later and toeather  with the aspa and another  gov org  plus several local construstion companys   and lots of public labor the area in mayflower was cleaned up and nature was restored back to the best they could get it  there wasnt much in the media about it only 1 or 2 realy articals  and  the nightly news broadcast

Info from the State in question is always helpful +1

Hopefully it was only a surface spill.

Edited by AsteroidX, 26 April 2013 - 11:42 PM.

#5    jugoso

jugoso

One Love

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,608 posts

• "Freedom is free of the need to feel free. Free your mind and you ass will follow. The kingdom of heaven is within"
    G.Clinton

Posted 27 April 2013 - 01:16 AM

View Postjustcalmebubba, on 26 April 2013 - 10:55 PM, said:

So you are telling me that state and local officials and businesses have finished the clean-up of 85,000 gallons of dilbit in less than a month and everything now is returning to normal?   I am having a hard time getting any major media reports on the situation.  The link provided by JOAT from alternative press paints a different picture.

whether oil from Exxon Mobil's Pegasus pipeline oil spill has reached Lake Conway. Independent tests have found contaminents associated with tar sands oil in the lake, while Exxon is sticking to their claim that the lake is oil-free. Now THV11 reports that chemist Wilma Subra has found the cancer-causing chemical Benzene in the air and water around Lake Conway.

an you provide any recent links? Thanks in advance.

"Freedom is free of the need to feel free.
Free your mind and you ass will follow.
The kingdom of heaven is within"
G.Clinton

#6    The Skeptic Eric Raven

The Skeptic Eric Raven

Master Blaster

• 11,066 posts

• One day love will find me.....

Posted 27 April 2013 - 03:14 AM

I am not defending the oil companies. They are idiots, but let me tell you. I have been living back in Mississippi gulf coast for 2 years now. It sucks.I will be back in TX next year. I run two businesses right now, so I meet many business owners. Guess what? All these owners are lining up to get money from BP for damage to their business that never happened. Including the owner of what I run. Human greed doesnt need to be from a large corporation. Its freaking everywhere. Booya.

Edited by The Skeptic Eric Raven, 27 April 2013 - 03:15 AM.

........the sleeper has awoken!
Sometimes we need a kick in the butt to wake us up. Well, I'm up now!Boo ya.

...there are many things in life that will capture your eye, but very few will capture your heart. These are the ones to pursue. These are the ones worth keeping..."

#7    DONTEATUS

DONTEATUS

Forum Divinity

• 18,584 posts

Posted 27 April 2013 - 03:21 AM

Good to hear your on your way back to Texas Eric ! As for the Oil and greed ,Thats a no Brainer !  Big -Oil has no respect for any one,any life,anything ! Only the bottom Line.
You can bring some of that Oil back to Texas I know a Address we can drop it off at ! ITs in Austin Texas. :tu:

This is a Work in Progress!

#8    justcalmebubba

justcalmebubba

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 229 posts

• there are many things that bump along in the nite but there are sum of us that bump back

Posted 27 April 2013 - 11:57 AM

lol belive it or not there are still sum of us in the united states when  some bs like the oil spill which was way estamated over more then it was by the media  who sat on the gaurd rail at the eadge of the road and didnt venture off down the ditch and in to the creek and marsh  sum of us dont just stand around with our thumbs stuck up our asses wondering what to do or haveing to be told what we can and cant do we just simple do what needs to be done and move on  yes there was a oil spill yes it did endanger  sum native frogs a few birds and other vers of wild life in the area
and yes there will more then likely be sum  evadence of this to be found maybe several years from now in the natural eco system .... arkansas  is basicly a state park state wide we do take pride in our state even if the rest of the world thinks we'r ass backwords and or a bunch of hicks
as far as the spill reaching the lake in question  there might be im asoomeing a core of engeneers report on tis some place and a epa report as well   as far as the links go  check out ark/gov/natural state  or you can always do a drive by  i would sugust  wearing hip waders and a "walking stick"  that way you can walk through the marsh and if  you happen  to cross a cotton mouth or a reg ol black snake  maybe a possim or some other critter you can shoo it out of the way...(not likely to do any shooing) but in a perfect world maybe
have i been to the area in question..yes i have know the area quite well as a matter of fact  for another reason  the area of conway and mayflower and  about roughly 60 miles east is one of our reaqureing  earthquake zones  and has been in question now  several years  due to a natural gas well in the area   as you can probley guess  i'm in to the earthquakes

#9    Rafterman

Rafterman

Telekinetic

• 7,409 posts

Posted 28 April 2013 - 01:31 PM

View Postjugoso, on 26 April 2013 - 07:45 PM, said:

I just Google "mayflower oil spill" and got thousands of hits - most very current.

"For me, it is better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring."
                                                                                                                                           - Carl Sagan, The Demon-Haunted World:  Science as a Candle in the Dark

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users