Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * * * 1 votes

women's health

• Please log in to reply
81 replies to this topic

#46    Sir Wearer of Hats

Sir Wearer of Hats

SCIENCE!

• 15,226 posts

Posted 28 April 2013 - 10:18 PM

View Postdanielost, on 28 April 2013 - 03:40 PM, said:

Sorry this is on the woman to make sure the man does wear one.
I'm not sure I agree.
Here in Oz we were taught in High School that the woman's "job" when she's having sex is to make sure she doesn't get pregnant if she doesn't want to, and the man's "job" is to make sure he doesn't get her pregnant if he doesn't want her to be.
Equal partners in making a baby, equal partners in not making one.

I must not fear. Fear is the Mind-Killer. It is the little death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear.
I will permit it to pass over me and to move through me. And when it is gone I will turn the inner eye to see it's path.
When the fear is gone, there will be nothing. Only I will remain.

You may think you're cool, but you'll never be as cool as Peter Capaldi with an electric guitar, on a tank, playing the Doctor Who theme.

#47    danielost

danielost

Forum Divinity

• 31,828 posts

Posted 29 April 2013 - 12:49 AM

View Postminera, on 28 April 2013 - 05:05 PM, said:

Where are all the fathers of those unwanted children? Why are THEY never the ones to speak up? My guess is once they found out they headed for the nearest exit and claiming the problem is the woman's or that the child is not theirs.....etc.

Our culture has been demonizing fathers for at least thirty years, and you want to know they are in hiding.

I am a Mormon.  If I don't use Mormons believe, those my beliefs only.
I do not go to church haven't for thirty years.
There are other Mormons on this site. So if I have misspoken about the beliefs. I welcome their input.
I am not perfect and never will be. I do strive to be true to myself. I do my best to stay true to the Mormon faith. Thanks for caring and if you don't peace be with you.

#48    ninjadude

ninjadude

Seeker of truths

• 11,282 posts

• "dirt collects at the interfaces"

Posted 30 April 2013 - 02:05 AM

View PostKowalski, on 28 April 2013 - 09:40 PM, said:

“Planned Parenthood performed a record 333,964 abortions last year, almost 1 million in the past three years. Last year, federal taxpayers gave Planned Parenthood a record $542 million, which is an 11 percent increase over the past two years,” Vitter further noted in a statement.

“An independent study of the federal funding for abortion providers is necessary to further expose the truth of how these precious taxpayer dollars are truly being used,” Black added.

Olson stressed the need to ensure that taxpayer dollars are not going to fund abortion services.

PP performs many other services beside abortion. This is like saying you spend 20,000 on a car to get air conditioning. It's simply not true.

And personally, I'm glad some taxpayer money is funding abortion services. Just because you don't like it, doesn't mean we shouldn't fund it.

(I suspect there will be a lot of "Mars Attacks" heads exploding now)

Edited by ninjadude, 30 April 2013 - 02:07 AM.

"Whatever you can do or dream you can, begin it. Boldness has genius, power and magic in it. Begin it now!""
- Friedrich Nietzsche

#49    F3SS

F3SS

FoT

• 9,839 posts

• Father of Twins
    3-16-16

Posted 30 April 2013 - 03:01 AM

^ that's not how you feel about our military ND.
If I added up all the bs tax money that I, we, work hard to give away to careless and carefree people and found all the quotes of you saying it's a pittance and distributed it all back to the people we would all be rich by now.

#50    danielost

danielost

Forum Divinity

• 31,828 posts

Posted 30 April 2013 - 02:23 PM

When in war you dehumanize the enemy, it is easier to kill them.  In the current war we are fighting"radical" islamics and they are fighting the great devil.

In the war against infants, we call them parasites or that thay are not alive or a cancer that the woman can kill at will.

Aa for the difference between muslims and amerians.  Most of their children have a choice, an unborn doesn't.

I am a Mormon.  If I don't use Mormons believe, those my beliefs only.
I do not go to church haven't for thirty years.
There are other Mormons on this site. So if I have misspoken about the beliefs. I welcome their input.
I am not perfect and never will be. I do strive to be true to myself. I do my best to stay true to the Mormon faith. Thanks for caring and if you don't peace be with you.

#51    Kowalski

Kowalski

The Original Penguin Conspiracy Theorist

• 4,102 posts

• It's All Some Kind Of Wacked Out Conspiracy....

Posted 30 April 2013 - 02:36 PM

View Postninjadude, on 30 April 2013 - 02:05 AM, said:

PP performs many other services beside abortion. This is like saying you spend 20,000 on a car to get air conditioning. It's simply not true.

And personally, I'm glad some taxpayer money is funding abortion services. Just because you don't like it, doesn't mean we shouldn't fund it.

(I suspect there will be a lot of "Mars Attacks" heads exploding now)

I can't even get a tooth pulled or go the dang dentist, but these stupid slu...I mean women, can have multiple FREE abortions?! I have a HUGE problem with that. Now, if my tax dollars were going to things like birth control for these women so they DON'T get pregnant in the first place, I wouldn't have a problem with that.

And if your stupid enough to have unprotected sex, and get pregnant, well....Not my problem! I mean you have to be seriously stupid to not know how to use a condom...

There are times where abortion is understandable. In rapes, incest, or medical emergencies. In which case the woman should have a hospital or hospital like setting where she can go.

#52    aztek

aztek

Omnipotent Entity

• 9,640 posts

Posted 30 April 2013 - 03:06 PM

View Post-Mr_Fess-, on 27 April 2013 - 12:24 AM, said:

To the pro choice people... If you were to suddenly find out that you were an abortion survivor would you be upset that your mother tried to kill you?
i'm pro choice, and i would like to see one example of healthy adult  abortion survivor.

but for the sake of argument, lets say there are thousands, and'i' am one of them, i would not be any more displeased than knowing i was an "accedent", and unwanted by both sides, or just born for the simple reason, momy gets bigger welfare check the more kids she has. i doubt it would make any difference to me.

RESIDENT TROLL.

#53    Rafterman

Rafterman

Telekinetic

• 7,409 posts

Posted 30 April 2013 - 03:15 PM

View Postaztek, on 30 April 2013 - 03:06 PM, said:

i'm pro choice, and i would like to see one example of healthy adult  abortion survivor.

but for the sake of argument, lets say there are thousands, and'i' am one of them, i would not be any more displeased than knowing i was an "accedent", and unwanted by both sides, or just born for the simple reason, momy gets bigger welfare check the more kids she has. i doubt it would make any difference to me.

If you Google adult abortion survivor, you can see some of the prominent ones - most involved in the Pro-Life movement.  One highly publicized case had one being mocked by Planned Parenthood supporters at a recent hearing.

"For me, it is better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring."
                                                                                                                                           - Carl Sagan, The Demon-Haunted World:  Science as a Candle in the Dark

#54    aztek

aztek

Omnipotent Entity

• 9,640 posts

Posted 30 April 2013 - 03:56 PM

i guess there are.

but it doesn't change my opinion, woman should be able to deside weather to keep the kid or abort. i see few ppl on daily basis, that are big reason why i support abortions,

RESIDENT TROLL.

#55    Kowalski

Kowalski

The Original Penguin Conspiracy Theorist

• 4,102 posts

• It's All Some Kind Of Wacked Out Conspiracy....

Posted 30 April 2013 - 04:27 PM

View Postaztek, on 30 April 2013 - 03:56 PM, said:

i guess there are.

but it doesn't change my opinion, woman should be able to deside weather to keep the kid or abort. i see few ppl on daily basis, that are big reason why i support abortions,

So because you don't like people, you support abortion? LOL...That's kinda funny actually.
A little antisocial, but that's okay. We still like you!

#56    Corp

Corp

Telekinetic

• 6,961 posts

Posted 30 April 2013 - 04:33 PM

Abortion debates tend to get ugly due to the extreme arguments. If you're pro-choice you murder babies. If you're pro-life you want to enslave women.

War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things: the decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling which thinks that nothing is worth a war, is much worse...A man who has nothing which he is willing to fight for, nothing which he cares more about than he does about his personal safety, is a miserable creature who has no chance of being free, unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself.

#57    aztek

aztek

Omnipotent Entity

• 9,640 posts

Posted 30 April 2013 - 05:46 PM

View PostKowalski, on 30 April 2013 - 04:27 PM, said:

So because you don't like people, you support abortion? LOL...

naw, i support womans right to choose to have baby or not, it is her that will have her life affected forever by that choice the most, not judges, or even father
those few ppl are just constant reminder, abortions are needed. and should be done more often,.

RESIDENT TROLL.

#58    Hasina

Hasina

Maximillion Hotpocket Puckershuttle

• 3,050 posts

• JINKIES

Posted 30 April 2013 - 05:49 PM

View Postaztek, on 30 April 2013 - 05:46 PM, said:

naw, i support womans right to choose to have baby or not, it is her that will have her life affected forever by that choice the most, not judges, or even father
those few ppl are just constant reminder, abortions are needed. and should be done more often,.
Should have used that 'right to choose' to 'choose' not to have sex, now that the child is going to be a 'punishment', of course we should rid ourselves of such tie downs to our morals.

Posted Image

~MEH~

#59    aztek

aztek

Omnipotent Entity

• 9,640 posts

Posted 30 April 2013 - 05:56 PM

View PostHasina, on 30 April 2013 - 05:49 PM, said:

Should have used that 'right to choose' to 'choose' not to have sex, now that the child is going to be a 'punishment',

i hope that you do exactly that, only have sex when you want to get pregnant. how many kids do you have?

RESIDENT TROLL.

#60    F3SS

F3SS

FoT

• 9,839 posts

• Father of Twins
    3-16-16

Posted 30 April 2013 - 05:59 PM

The point is you know you are accepting a risk of pregnancy every time. Nothing is fail safe.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users