Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * * * 1 votes

Opinions please, the real Mt Sinai?

• Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

#16    Jor-el

Jor-el

Knight of the Most High God

• 7,332 posts

• We are the sum of all that is, and has been. We will be the sum of our choices.

Posted 27 April 2013 - 02:16 PM

View Postfreetoroam, on 27 April 2013 - 02:00 PM, said:

it seem they depart from Sinai for promised land after spending 11 months, 5 days.   Is this long enough to have built those temples with pillars?

It would have been enough to almost make a huge temple.

This generation knew hoe to build things, to cut stone and to certainly to erect columns. I'm not saying that they actually did so here at this site, but I am saying it is possible. While many problems exist regarding Jabal al Lawz being the correct site og Mt. Sinai, it is far better than any of the other candidates out there, including the traditional site which has absolutely no archaeological evidence that the Israelites passed that way and stayed for almost a year.

Posted Image

"Man is not the centre. God does not exist for the sake of man. Man does not exist for his own sake."

-C. S. Lewis

#17    freetoroam

freetoroam

Honourary member of the UM asylum

• 6,528 posts

• If you didn't see it with your own eyes, or hear it with your own ears, don't invent it with your small mind and share it with your big mouth!

Posted 27 April 2013 - 02:27 PM

View PostJor-el, on 27 April 2013 - 02:16 PM, said:

It would have been enough to almost make a huge temple.

Watch video from 15.26. You have to account for the time if would take to bring the rocks there, and you think it would have taken them only 11 months?

In an ideal World a law would be passed were NO guns were allowed and all those out there destroyed, trouble is the law makers are not going to take a risk of trying to pass that without making sure they are armed first.

#18    Jor-el

Jor-el

• 7,332 posts

• We are the sum of all that is, and has been. We will be the sum of our choices.

Posted 27 April 2013 - 02:30 PM

View PostIrrelevant, on 27 April 2013 - 02:14 PM, said:

The Jury is still out on this I agree.

I can forgive these people who made the video there  mistakes, in its essence my heart says yes this is it.

The original Sinia was picked out in a rather ludicrous way I think.

I would like to find a copy of the book the Cadwells mention.

It is the only mountain that fits the profile even if there are some propblems with it in terms of geographical location, but those may merely exist because we do not have an accurate map of the region of the time.
The names of certain regions are not clearly defined geographically so no one can say for certain where the actual MT. Sinai really is, but I do think this is the best candidate.

Posted Image

"Man is not the centre. God does not exist for the sake of man. Man does not exist for his own sake."

-C. S. Lewis

#19    freetoroam

freetoroam

• 6,528 posts

• If you didn't see it with your own eyes, or hear it with your own ears, don't invent it with your small mind and share it with your big mouth!

Posted 27 April 2013 - 02:49 PM

View PostJor-el, on 27 April 2013 - 02:30 PM, said:

It is the only mountain that fits the profile even if there are some propblems with it in terms of geographical location, but those may merely exist because we do not have an accurate map of the region of the time.
The names of certain regions are not clearly defined geographically so no one can say for certain where the actual MT. Sinai really is, but I do think this is the best candidate.
its seemed quite plausible, but I have my doubts. Without being able to examine those rocks with pictures on them, its is very difficult to say, they may even be old movie set material!?  And I really want to know how the Cadwell managed to get to the mountain, not once but a few times, when it is clearly off limits tot he general public, want to know why they had special permission?

In an ideal World a law would be passed were NO guns were allowed and all those out there destroyed, trouble is the law makers are not going to take a risk of trying to pass that without making sure they are armed first.

#20    Jor-el

Jor-el

• 7,332 posts

Posted 27 April 2013 - 03:17 PM

View Postfreetoroam, on 27 April 2013 - 02:49 PM, said:

its seemed quite plausible, but I have my doubts. Without being able to examine those rocks with pictures on them, its is very difficult to say, they may even be old movie set material!?  And I really want to know how the Cadwell managed to get to the mountain, not once but a few times, when it is clearly off limits tot he general public, want to know why they had special permission?

They didn't they lied their way in, the 1st time and sneaked in the 2nd time. Both times they were caught and expelled. The last time they had to promise never to return under penalty of going to jail.

Posted Image

-C. S. Lewis

#21    Jor-el

Jor-el

• 7,332 posts

Posted 27 April 2013 - 03:19 PM

View Postfreetoroam, on 27 April 2013 - 02:27 PM, said:

Watch video from 15.26. You have to account for the time if would take to bring the rocks there, and you think it would have taken them only 11 months?
There is nothing but rock there. They would not have had move the rocks any great distance, they would have used what was locally available.

All that being said I would not trust the guys peddling these videos with any credit. They have done more harm than good in my view. They have taken a possibly true thing and corrupted it to the point where nobody much believes what they have to say on the subject.

Edited by Jor-el, 27 April 2013 - 03:44 PM.

Posted Image

-C. S. Lewis

#22    Irrelevant

Irrelevant

Apparition

• Closed
  • PipPip
  • 357 posts

Posted 27 April 2013 - 04:50 PM

Sometimes all this learning and then suddenly a new discovery  is revealed that changes things. I would like to see a large church like the Catholics or similar  do some real research and publish there findings in the near future. I don't think any one person or small group doing this will be taken seriously.

#23    freetoroam

freetoroam

• 6,528 posts

Posted 27 April 2013 - 04:59 PM

View PostIrrelevant, on 27 April 2013 - 04:50 PM, said:

Sometimes all this learning and then suddenly a new discovery  is revealed that changes things. I would like to see a large church like the Catholics or similar  do some real research and publish there findings in the near future. I don't think any one person or small group doing this will be taken seriously.
its not a discovery, its a theory. But one person or a small group with a plausible theory do get taken seriously.

#24    Irrelevant

Irrelevant

Apparition

• Closed
  • PipPip
  • 357 posts

Posted 28 April 2013 - 06:02 AM

If it doesn't step on anybody toes,and this does.

#25    Jor-el

Jor-el

• 7,332 posts

Posted 28 April 2013 - 04:45 PM

View Postfreetoroam, on 27 April 2013 - 04:59 PM, said:

its not a discovery, its a theory. But one person or a small group with a plausible theory do get taken seriously.

Last night I spent an hour looking at a 3D rendering of this whole area, it one of the most godforsaken areas of the planet and there is alot there that simply does not jive with what the authors of the video try to convince us to accept. Personally I have no doubt that Jabal al Lawz is the correct mountain. The black are above the mountain, is unique to the whole region even including the Sinai peninsula. It demonstrates that either this mountain was once subjected to great heat or it is a volcanic artifact. No such black covering is to be found on any other mountain. The fact that we have a split rock helps, but personally that doesn't mean that the so called alter is contemporary to Moses time, it could be something that was made much earlier of even much later than the time that the Israelites passed through there. I personally can find no reason why the Israelites would take marble columns with them on their Journey.

As I said there are alot of people that do not accept that this is the actual Mt. Sinai, but mainly their problem is with the so called original finders of this mountain, not so much with the mountain itself although there are a number of those.

People like Ron Wyatt, Bob Cornuke and Larry Williams brought this to our attention but from what I have read, they are trying to make this a business, they have no real interest in truth.

Posted Image

-C. S. Lewis

#26    freetoroam

freetoroam

• 6,528 posts

Posted 28 April 2013 - 06:33 PM

View PostJor-el, on 28 April 2013 - 04:45 PM, said:

Last night I spent an hour looking at a 3D rendering of this whole area, it one of the most godforsaken areas of the planet and there is alot there that simply does not jive with what the authors of the video try to convince us to accept. Personally I have no doubt that Jabal al Lawz is the correct mountain. The black are above the mountain, is unique to the whole region even including the Sinai peninsula. It demonstrates that either this mountain was once subjected to great heat or it is a volcanic artifact. No such black covering is to be found on any other mountain. The fact that we have a split rock helps, but personally that doesn't mean that the so called alter is contemporary to Moses time, it could be something that was made much earlier of even much later than the time that the Israelites passed through there. I personally can find no reason why the Israelites would take marble columns with them on their Journey.

As I said there are alot of people that do not accept that this is the actual Mt. Sinai, but mainly their problem is with the so called original finders of this mountain, not so much with the mountain itself although there are a number of those.

People like Ron Wyatt, Bob Cornuke and Larry Williams brought this to our attention but from what I have read, they are trying to make this a business, they have no real interest in truth.
It does seem that the mountain may be right, but as for them settling there is debatable. I can not see how they could have built the temple, they say that the area is flat and no rocks like it there a t all, so they would have to be carried there, and the marble?  this would all have taken far longer than 11 months. Also how the heck did the Cadwells get inside to the top of the mountain so many times? There is a high fence and signs saying not to enter. Am wondering if this site is an old filmset?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users