Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

anyone believe levitation possible?

• Please log in to reply
28 replies to this topic

#16    spud the mackem

spud the mackem

Spud the Mackem

• 3,587 posts

• man who ask for nothing shall never be disappointed

Posted 09 May 2013 - 04:11 PM

View Postmystic_mind, on 09 May 2013 - 03:28 AM, said:

This looks bogus to me, put on by the magician and the monk. If you compare the position where he sits down to the one where he starts to levitate you will notice that they are different. He is farther away from the candles in front of him and much closer to that wall or curtain (which is presumably hiding something). Also the camera man doesn't show directly behind his back when he was in the air like he did when you first saw him sit down. There was a good space of a foot or so originally between him and the curtain. The camera man didn't show that when he was levitating...mainly because there was trickery going on.

Never trust a magician.
  Ref post #13, the guy we saw doing the levitation,didnt  have no camera's around or other Monks,he was sitting in a park in Djakarta,Indonesia, completely oblivious to all going on around him,minding his own business.And the rope trick guy was on the deck of my ship, not begging just doing his thing,but we did give him a free lunch and asked him how he did this,and he said that he was taught it by his Grandad.he was a very polite guy and not asking for handouts.

(1) try your best, ............if that dont work.
(2) try your second best, ........if that dont work
(3) give up you aint gonna win

#17    White Crane Feather

White Crane Feather

Forum Divinity

• 11,509 posts

• Potter: " is this real or is this in my mind?"

Dumbledore: " Of course it's in your mind....., but that dosn't mean it's not real."

Posted 09 May 2013 - 09:59 PM

View Postmarina1980, on 28 April 2013 - 05:21 AM, said:

Hi.
Anyone have any good reason to strongly believe levitation is possible? I read a very convincing book but not sure all the hard work involved would ever pay off. Any thoughts?
(Not sure if this thread is in the right place!?)
Thanx
No I don't. Levitation experiences come from altered states of conciousness. Meditating alone, then leaving your body might make you think you did it physically, in truth an onlooker would not have seen what you felt.

"I wish neither to possess, Nor to be possessed. I no longer covet paradise, more important, I no longer fear hell. The medicine for my suffering I had within me from the very beginning, but I did not take it. My ailment came from within myself, But I did not observe it until this moment. Now I see that I will never find the light.  Unless, like the candle, I am my own fuel, Consuming myself. "
Bruce Lee-

#18    Sheep Smart

Sheep Smart

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 340 posts

• Im so happy I bleed it.

Posted 13 May 2013 - 04:22 AM

for those who dont know him, google Ed Leedskalnin. you can thank me later for the soon to be occupational hazard in which ive opened the doorway to. :w00t:

Other life in the universe?, you dare to imply there are entities possibly far greater than us almighty humans, creators of canned ham and reality tv. Nonsense. Absurd.

The reality that stupidy exists in abundance doesnt bother me. Its the fact that theres still no cure.

#19    Blueogre2

Blueogre2

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 306 posts

Posted 18 May 2013 - 10:16 PM

Yeah I think it's possible but it would be a result of being picked up by a spirit, which is almost unheard of.

#20    calaf

calaf

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 190 posts

Posted 18 May 2013 - 10:26 PM

View Postmystic_mind, on 29 April 2013 - 12:41 AM, said:

I levitate every time I eat too much beans.
I think that's flatulate. Try the threads on alternative energy sources ;)

#21    third_eye

third_eye

_ M Ġ ń Ř Ī Ş_

• 8,011 posts

• "Legio nomen mihi est, quia multi sumus"

God has no religion ~ Mahatma Gandhi

Posted 18 May 2013 - 10:39 PM

Posted Image

no body levitate just yet ....

~

third_eye ' s cavern ~ bring own beer

~

#22    LostSouls7

LostSouls7

Conspiracy Theorist

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 909 posts

Posted 11 June 2013 - 03:57 AM

I think those monks who meditate can levitate.. also some Yoga masters can.

usually it's masters who practiced many years and got their energy and mind all together...
they are usually the ones who can do awesome things like that.

Do you like to float? I like to float !

Edited by LostSouls7, 11 June 2013 - 04:43 AM.

Do you Fear The Ouija?
www.youtube.com/watch?v=EUCPmNBbLHM
Wisdom of Magic and Natural Healing Potions enjoy
http://healingpotion...ic.blogspot.com

#23    born2run

born2run

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 90 posts

• "I am afeared there are few die well that die in battle".
    King Henry V,Act IV. Scene i.

Posted 21 June 2013 - 01:34 AM

Aside from the fact I have been able to do it while meditating, no way to say how or why. Sometimes it happens, sometimes it doesn't.Go figure.

"It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to open one's mouth and remove all doubt. :no:

#24    mystic_mind

mystic_mind

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 43 posts

Posted 21 June 2013 - 04:21 AM

It could just be your imagination. Are your eyes closed when you meditate? When you think you are levitating have you opened your eyes to see how high you are off the ground?

#25    Zaphod222

Zaphod222

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,594 posts

• When the gods wish to punish us, they answer our prayers.
    (Oscar Wilde)

Posted 21 June 2013 - 04:34 AM

View Postmarina1980, on 28 April 2013 - 05:21 AM, said:

Hi.
Anyone have any good reason to strongly believe levitation is possible? I read a very convincing book but not sure all the hard work involved would ever pay off. Any thoughts?
(Not sure if this thread is in the right place!?)
Thanx

Obviously it is possible since we have Maglev trains operating in Germany, China, and soon in Japan. Or do you think they are all a giant government conspiracy?

"The moment you declare a set of ideas to be immune from criticism, satire, derision, or contempt, freedom of thought becomes impossible." (Salman Rushdie)

#26    Ashley137

Ashley137

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 9 posts

• Things aren't always as they seem.

Posted 08 July 2013 - 08:59 PM

I think if Levitation is possible, it probably would not be useless. Is it worth the time and energy it would take? Who knows, maybe to some. I think if your body was meditating in the physical world, imagine how the inside of your body would feel, and what it could be doing for your chakras! Again I really do not think it would be useless... it would just require a lot of time....

#27    marina1980

marina1980

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 04 August 2013 - 11:36 PM

View PostZaphod222, on 21 June 2013 - 04:34 AM, said:

Obviously it is possible since we have Maglev trains operating in Germany, China, and soon in Japan. Or do you think they are all a giant government conspiracy?

I actually meant for a human to do it with natural forces, not machinery with the help of technology.

#28    MrBene

MrBene

Extraterrestrial Entity

• PipPipPip
  • 431 posts

• A regular guy

Posted 05 August 2013 - 02:22 PM

David Copperfield was able to levitate and fly like a champ.

#29    Ryu

Ryu

Born to fail.

• 3,732 posts

• One often meets his destiny on the road he takes to avoid it. ~ Master Oogway, Kung Fu Panda

Posted 06 August 2013 - 02:20 PM

David Copperfield was an illusionist just like all the others. His tricks were well done, I suppose, but none of it was real.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users