Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Increase In Population

• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

#1    Nefer-Ankhe

Nefer-Ankhe

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 165 posts

• "Beauty is in the eye of the beholder".

Posted 28 April 2013 - 08:20 AM

https://www.youtube....h?v=sc4HxPxNrZ0

Can we substantiate ourselves, with such an increase of population?

Statistics of the world population below.

http://www.worldomet...rld-population/

Asian 54%
East Asian 24% (Korea, Mongolia ,China, Japan)
South Asian 21% (India, Sri Lanka, Pakistan, Bangladesh, Nepal)
Southeast Asian 9% (Cambodia, Bruma, Philippines, Malayasia)
Black 15%  (inaccruate as specified below)
White 15% (inaccurate as specified below) In fact, caucasians only approximately make up around 8%-10% of the world's populace.
Hispanic 8%
Middle Eastern 8%

HOWEVER, those figures (above) are wrong, as those in positions do not wish the truth to be out there, so they have counted all persons in canada and the us as caucasians, you certainly know that to be false, the truth is, that most the populace is of asian decent, blacks are next in number and more than double the minority, caucasian's race as a whole, is the smallest of the group.

"It is of course the height of irony that, after this intensive campaign to expunge them from the annals of Egypt, the Amarna pharaohs are today probably the most recognized of all the country's ancient rulers."

--- from Amarna Sunset, Aidan Dodson.

#2    Frank Merton

Frank Merton

Blue fish

• 14,373 posts

• fmerton.blogspot.com

Posted 28 April 2013 - 10:48 AM

Looks as though most of us are brown now and all of us will be in a thousand years or so.

#3    Nefer-Ankhe

Nefer-Ankhe

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 165 posts

Posted 28 April 2013 - 11:42 AM

... and that's a fact, which you are willing to accept?

"It is of course the height of irony that, after this intensive campaign to expunge them from the annals of Egypt, the Amarna pharaohs are today probably the most recognized of all the country's ancient rulers."

#4    Frank Merton

Frank Merton

Blue fish

• 14,373 posts

• fmerton.blogspot.com

Posted 28 April 2013 - 11:45 AM

Well of course.  I suppose there is a certain attraction to things that are a little extreme -- the black mystery woman or the blonde bombshell -- so I will regret the loss of variation, but it is obvious in a world as it is our genes are all going to be mixed up in a geologically very short time.

#5    Nefer-Ankhe

Nefer-Ankhe

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 165 posts

Posted 28 April 2013 - 12:03 PM

Well, yes I agree, I guess. However I prefer the variation, and I do hope that we wont all ultimately become "brown". My question is though, will we be able to substain such an increase in human population?

#6    Frank Merton

Frank Merton

Blue fish

• 14,373 posts

• fmerton.blogspot.com

Posted 28 April 2013 - 12:28 PM

I think the best estimates of human population are a leveling out within fifty years at about twice what we have now and from then on a slight dropping trend.  Populations in Europe and advanced Asia are dropping now, and would be in the States if it were not for immigration.  China will begin to see population drop very soon, as will most of SE Asia and India.  The only areas of rapidly growing population now are the Middle East and Africa (Mexico's population growth halved in the last ten years).

Regardless of government policy, once the infant mortality rate drops the rate of population growth also drops.  It seems to be connected with survival expectations of the babies that are born.  "Insurance" babies are not conceived.

I am personally not the least bet worried about the ability of the world to provide a steadily advancing living standard to the expected populations of the future.  Our government here has studied it in very considerable detail, and there is every reason for considerable confidence.

#7    khol

khol

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 76 posts

Posted 28 April 2013 - 02:09 PM

View PostFrank Merton, on 28 April 2013 - 12:28 PM, said:

I think the best estimates of human population are a leveling out within fifty years at about twice what we have now and from then on a slight dropping trend.  Populations in Europe and advanced Asia are dropping now, and would be in the States if it were not for immigration.  China will begin to see population drop very soon, as will most of SE Asia and India.  The only areas of rapidly growing population now are the Middle East and Africa (Mexico's population growth halved in the last ten years).

Regardless of government policy, once the infant mortality rate drops the rate of population growth also drops.  It seems to be connected with survival expectations of the babies that are born.  "Insurance" babies are not conceived.

I am personally not the least bet worried about the ability of the world to provide a steadily advancing living standard to the expected populations of the future.  Our government here has studied it in very considerable detail, and there is every reason for considerable confidence.
hi...i try not to catergorize humans to much based on ethnic background regarding population growth
we are all human and in this together..tho many beg to differ
people have the right to live anywhere they want in my opinion
i do find the GMO issue worrisome as far as food production is concerned..grow crops fast and cheap with no real science on what these products will do to us over time

#8    dest

dest

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 104 posts

Posted 28 April 2013 - 06:33 PM

View PostFrank Merton, on 28 April 2013 - 11:45 AM, said:

Well of course.  I suppose there is a certain attraction to things that are a little extreme -- the black mystery woman or the blonde bombshell -- so I will regret the loss of variation, but it is obvious in a world as it is our genes are all going to be mixed up in a geologically very short time.

Lol, we wont be alive at that point in time when everyone is brown (if it were to happen I don't believe it will) so live and enjoy the different types of women :P

#9    Tutankhaten-pasheri

Tutankhaten-pasheri

Buratinologist

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,637 posts

Posted 28 April 2013 - 06:49 PM

In the future one colour will predominate, green, soylent green. bon appetit :)

#10    Jessica Christ

Jessica Christ

jeanne d'arc, je te suivrai

• 3,609 posts

• It seems so important now but you will get over.

Posted 02 May 2013 - 04:23 AM

View Postdest, on 28 April 2013 - 06:33 PM, said:

Lol, we wont be alive at that point in time when everyone is brown (if it were to happen I don't believe it will) so live and enjoy the different types of women

The very enjoyment you speak of will insure that it will happen!

Those who are so opposed to it have racial issues.

What is odd is if a certain group is the smallest that they in turn command so much power in our world.

#11    Michelle

Michelle

Forum Divinity

• 15,025 posts

• Eleanor Roosevelt: Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people.

Posted 02 May 2013 - 04:41 AM

View PostNefer-Ankhe, on 28 April 2013 - 12:03 PM, said:

Well, yes I agree, I guess. However I prefer the variation, and I do hope that we wont all ultimately become "brown". My question is though, will we be able to substain such an increase in human population?

I won't be picking a new man, but I've always preferred tall, dark and handsome. :yes:

Edited by Michelle, 02 May 2013 - 04:46 AM.

#12    White Crane Feather

White Crane Feather

Forum Divinity

• 11,503 posts

• Potter: " is this real or is this in my mind?"

Dumbledore: " Of course it's in your mind....., but that dosn't mean it's not real."

Posted 04 May 2013 - 02:29 PM

View PostMichelle, on 02 May 2013 - 04:41 AM, said:

I won't be picking a new man, but I've always preferred tall, dark and handsome. :yes:
I love Asian women. I maried one. There has been some evidence that people are naturally attracted to those that are quit different. An inherent gene diversification mechanism.

My kids are philipino, white, native American, spanish, and some east Indian in there somewhere on their mothers fathers side. Now the Philippines have been repeatedly conquered by china and Spain. So there is European blood mixed with middle eastern blood, mixed with Chinese blood, mixed with pacific islander blood.

They pretty much have ancestors from the entire world. This is why they are so good looking, intelligent, and athletic :D

Edited by Seeker79, 04 May 2013 - 02:30 PM.

"I wish neither to possess, Nor to be possessed. I no longer covet paradise, more important, I no longer fear hell. The medicine for my suffering I had within me from the very beginning, but I did not take it. My ailment came from within myself, But I did not observe it until this moment. Now I see that I will never find the light.  Unless, like the candle, I am my own fuel, Consuming myself. "
Bruce Lee-

#13    Nathan DiYorio

Nathan DiYorio

Extraterrestrial Entity

• PipPipPip
  • 407 posts

• Bitter words with sweet flavor are poison just the same.

Posted 05 May 2013 - 01:40 AM

View PostSeeker79, on 04 May 2013 - 02:29 PM, said:

There has been some evidence that people are naturally attracted to those that are quit different. An inherent gene diversification mechanism.

This would be because of your immune system. People are attracted to people with differing immune systems because their children are often protected from a wider variety of diseases and defects, which means a greater chance of survival for the species and bloodline. Naturally other ethnicities would have been exposed to different diseases and developed different immune systems as a result.

Posted Image

#14    The_Spirit_of_Truth

The_Spirit_of_Truth

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 312 posts

Posted 08 May 2013 - 02:28 AM

And who said that Earth is ready best for 2 milliards people and rather not more?

#15    Amalthe

Amalthe

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 265 posts

Posted 10 May 2013 - 09:13 AM

Population can grow only as long as natural environment sustains it. If people eat all food and drink all water, those commodities will become more expensive, people will be unable to support large families, and lots of them will die. Problem is that humans only look at short term goals, and because of that overuse the environment, which damages it and eliminates even that what we received from it in first place. So if everything is left as it is now, population will continue to increase untill reaches critical level, when it will sharply drop, and after some time reach some sort of equilibrium, or better, sinusoind curve. However, i believe world leaders are concerned that there will not be enough earth left for them, so i'm guessing they will very soon try to eradicate population with some wars, plage and lack of food.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users