Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Will Money die out

• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

#16    Clyde the Glyde

Clyde the Glyde

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,861 posts

Posted 29 April 2013 - 06:10 PM

View Postkobolds, on 28 April 2013 - 01:56 PM, said:

unless need to pay big amount or place that required to use creditcard  , I usually use cash .

I don't like the idea where people can track your activity

Me too.  Sadly, most people would gladly give that up all in the name of " convenience "

#17    Frank Merton

Frank Merton

Blue fish

• 14,002 posts

• fmerton.blogspot.com

Posted 29 April 2013 - 06:20 PM

View Postfreetoroam, on 28 April 2013 - 03:13 PM, said:

Will have to ask the Cypriots about that.
I do not have enough money to barter with, so what ever little bits of paper I do have stays with me. Saves any hassle when the cash machines crash!
I got cloned at A BANK 8 years ago,  got the money back eventually, but thats not the point, the point is it should never have happened in the first place. They caught the person who done it and i said I wanted to press charges myself, the bank said I could not as it was their money which was taken as they had paid me back, so basically my account was theirs and if anyone interfered with it within their system then it was nothing to do with me.....I DON`T THINK SO! I closed the account, opened up another one elsewhere and each time they phone me and ask me if I want a credit card I tell them where they can insert their cards.
I have no chose but to have an account for my wages to go into, but it does not stay there long.
Strikes me you were well treated that they didn't make you chase the money.

#18    Frank Merton

Frank Merton

Blue fish

• 14,002 posts

• fmerton.blogspot.com

Posted 29 April 2013 - 06:27 PM

One time I had kinda the opposite problem.  The bank credited me with a sizeable deposit twice.  I had several sit-downs with bank officers, me saying I know better and them giving me every possible assurance with all the sincerity they could muster that it was my money.

Well, I don't know what the details of the law might be, but I was taking no chances, this being a state-owned bank.  So I took all my money out of the account except the erroneous deposit and put it into a new account, so there could be no co-mingling, and even what interest the first account earned would be clear and unambiguous.

A few months later the old account just vanished.  No one even thanked me.

#19    freetoroam

freetoroam

Honourary member of the UM asylum

• 6,797 posts

• If you didn't see it with your own eyes, or hear it with your own ears, don't invent it with your small mind and share it with your big mouth!

Posted 29 April 2013 - 06:29 PM

View PostFrank Merton, on 29 April 2013 - 06:20 PM, said:

Strikes me you were well treated that they didn't make you chase the money.
Actually they did get my money back quick, one month. Once you go to the police and get a crime number the banks act quickly, especially when its happened in an ATM machine inside their bank.

In an ideal World a law would be passed were NO guns were allowed and all those out there destroyed, trouble is the law makers are not going to take a risk of trying to pass that without making sure they are armed first.

#20    Miss Shadows

Miss Shadows

Conspiracy Theorist

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 926 posts

• Welcome to my home. Now get the **** out.

Posted 29 April 2013 - 10:30 PM

Honestly? I think it depends on how smart/vigilant you are about it. I know the APR'S on all my credit cards (I even know what an APR actually is), how much is on each, how much I should be using them, etc. If you're someone who doesn't want to spend more than 30 seconds a month covering your bases here then I wouldn't recommend using the plastic too much, but at the same time I'm 18 years old with a credit score of over 740. Knowing my income, and everything else involved, I put 90 percent of my expenses on credit cards every month, then I pay it off a day, maybe a week before my payments are due. I do okay with numbers so it's not that much of a hassle really, and I've never payed more than 2 bucks for interest. At least in this part of the world, you need credit for certain things, and in all honesty it does make life convenient in a lot of ways. I have a certain amount of money I don't keep in any bank for my own reasons, but other than that the only occasions I won't use a card are when a place doesn't take them, or when I pay my rent.

American with an accent, Christian with a tat, sociopath with a heart, child with no mother, Lover with no Lover, confidently doubting, amused but not laughing, woman but child, feisty yet caring, sweet when not bitter.

#21    freetoroam

freetoroam

Honourary member of the UM asylum

• 6,797 posts

• If you didn't see it with your own eyes, or hear it with your own ears, don't invent it with your small mind and share it with your big mouth!

Posted 29 April 2013 - 10:40 PM

View PostHeartsAreForBreaking, on 29 April 2013 - 10:30 PM, said:

Honestly? I think it depends on how smart/vigilant you are about it. I know the APR'S on all my credit cards (I even know what an APR actually is), how much is on each, how much I should be using them, etc. If you're someone who doesn't want to spend more than 30 seconds a month covering your bases here then I wouldn't recommend using the plastic too much, but at the same time I'm 18 years old with a credit score of over 740. Knowing my income, and everything else involved, I put 90 percent of my expenses on credit cards every month, then I pay it off a day, maybe a week before my payments are due. I do okay with numbers so it's not that much of a hassle really, and I've never payed more than 2 bucks for interest. At least in this part of the world, you need credit for certain things, and in all honesty it does make life convenient in a lot of ways. I have a certain amount of money I don't keep in any bank for my own reasons, but other than that the only occasions I won't use a card are when a place doesn't take them, or when I pay my rent.

Well done for being so responsible.
I do without credit, if I can not afford it right now, I will save up until I can, its because I do not want to owe anything to anyone, especially banks!

In an ideal World a law would be passed were NO guns were allowed and all those out there destroyed, trouble is the law makers are not going to take a risk of trying to pass that without making sure they are armed first.

#22    Miss Shadows

Miss Shadows

Conspiracy Theorist

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 926 posts

• Welcome to my home. Now get the **** out.

Posted 29 April 2013 - 11:26 PM

Thank you. As much as I understand your philosophy, where I currently live having credit is so important. I paid off a 10,000+ dollar car on a loan in 2 years, and my interest rate was less than 3 percent. I guess it all just depends.

American with an accent, Christian with a tat, sociopath with a heart, child with no mother, Lover with no Lover, confidently doubting, amused but not laughing, woman but child, feisty yet caring, sweet when not bitter.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users