Jump to content




Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.


* * * * * 1 votes

Man with Tourettes Yells Bomb at Airport

tourettes; bomb: airport;

  • Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1    libstaK

libstaK

    Nosce Te Ipsum

  • 6,250 posts
  • Joined:06 Feb 2011
  • Gender:Female
  • Location:Melbourne, Australia

  • Hello Reality and all that is True
    When Oxymoron was defined it was just for you

Posted 28 April 2013 - 11:49 AM

An airline barred a US man suffering from Tourette's syndrome from boarding a flight after he said the word "bomb".

Michael Doyle was about to get on a Jet Blue flight from Washington to San Juan in Puerto Rico on Friday with his friend when he was stopped by airline staff, Fox News reported.
"I mean they stood me up in front of everyone and told me like I'm in kindergarten that I'm not allowed to go on the plane," Mr Doyle said.
Mr Doyle said he had planned ahead and even had a doctor's letter to show JetBlue and airport security if any issues arose.

http://news.ninemsn....ned-from-flight

I feel sorry for him I really do, but I still can't stop laughing when I imagine how this went down.

"I warn you, whoever you are, oh you who wish to probe the arcanes of nature, if you do not find within yourself that which you seek, neither shall you find it outside.
If you ignore the excellencies of your own house, how do you intend to find other excellencies?
In you is hidden the treasure of treasures, Oh man, know thyself and you shall know the Universe and the Gods."

Inscription - Temple of Delphi

#2    Kowalski

Kowalski

    The Original Penguin Conspiracy Theorist

  • Member
  • 4,102 posts
  • Joined:14 Mar 2013
  • Gender:Female
  • Location:* Madgascar *

  • It's All Some Kind Of Wacked Out Conspiracy....

Posted 28 April 2013 - 12:06 PM

View PostlibstaK, on 28 April 2013 - 11:49 AM, said:

I feel sorry for him I really do, but I still can't stop laughing when I imagine how this went down.


I know! :yes:


#3    Ashotep

Ashotep

    Telekinetic

  • Member
  • 7,215 posts
  • Joined:10 May 2011
  • Gender:Female
  • Location:USA

  • Courage is being scared to death but saddling up anyway-John Wayne

Posted 28 April 2013 - 12:16 PM

View PostlibstaK, on 28 April 2013 - 11:49 AM, said:

An airline barred a US man suffering from Tourette's syndrome from boarding a flight after he said the word "bomb".

Michael Doyle was about to get on a Jet Blue flight from Washington to San Juan in Puerto Rico on Friday with his friend when he was stopped by airline staff, Fox News reported.
"I mean they stood me up in front of everyone and told me like I'm in kindergarten that I'm not allowed to go on the plane," Mr Doyle said.
Mr Doyle said he had planned ahead and even had a doctor's letter to show JetBlue and airport security if any issues arose.

http://news.ninemsn....ned-from-flight

I feel sorry for him I really do, but I still can't stop laughing when I imagine how this went down.
I know that vision keeps going through my mind.


#4    AliveInDeath7

AliveInDeath7

    Enlightened Seeker

  • Member
  • 2,712 posts
  • Joined:20 Aug 2009
  • Gender:Female
  • Location:NC

Posted 28 April 2013 - 07:59 PM

Poor man.. But, imagine how unsettled many on the flight would be with him on there.
I can imagine how horrible it would be to try and travel with that condition.


#5    Insaniac

Insaniac

    Conspiracy Theorist

  • Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 899 posts
  • Joined:11 Dec 2008
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:United Kingdom

Posted 28 April 2013 - 08:50 PM

Lmao. Poor guy.

It must be awful to live with tourettes syndrome.

"He is wise in heart and mighty in strength. Who has hardened their heart against Him, and succeeded"? ~ Job 9:4

#6    Mnemonix

Mnemonix

    Alien Abducter

  • Closed
  • 4,720 posts
  • Joined:25 Jul 2012
  • Gender:Male

Posted 29 April 2013 - 08:22 PM

Sorry, I laughed out loud when I read the title.


#7    supervike

supervike

    Alien Abducter

  • Member
  • 5,396 posts
  • Joined:16 May 2007
  • Gender:Male

Posted 30 April 2013 - 01:38 AM



Edited by supervike, 30 April 2013 - 01:38 AM.


#8    and then

and then

    Abyssus Abyssum Invocat

  • Member
  • 13,241 posts
  • Joined:15 Dec 2011
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Land's End

  • Because what came before never seems enough...

Posted 30 April 2013 - 02:34 AM

I once worked with a lady named "Grenade" (last name).  We traveled by air frequently and you NEVER could have her paged overhead at the airport  :w00t:

  We've cast the world, we've set the stage,
  for what could be, the darkest age...

#9    pallidin

pallidin

    Majestic 12 Operative

  • Member
  • 6,184 posts
  • Joined:09 Dec 2004
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Somewhere south of the North Pole

  • "When life gets you down... swim with a dolphin"

Posted 30 April 2013 - 02:50 AM

I have a personal friend who suffers from tourettes.

Somewhat disconcerting with the "vocal tics" if you don't know what's going on medically.

He and his wife know I'm perfectly OK with it, so I never have a problem when visiting.

After all, I have my own disorder(acute anxiety) so who am I to "laugh" at someone.

Edited by pallidin, 30 April 2013 - 02:53 AM.


#10    libstaK

libstaK

    Nosce Te Ipsum

  • 6,250 posts
  • Joined:06 Feb 2011
  • Gender:Female
  • Location:Melbourne, Australia

  • Hello Reality and all that is True
    When Oxymoron was defined it was just for you

Posted 30 April 2013 - 09:56 AM

View Postpallidin, on 30 April 2013 - 02:50 AM, said:

I have a personal friend who suffers from tourettes.

Somewhat disconcerting with the "vocal tics" if you don't know what's going on medically.

He and his wife know I'm perfectly OK with it, so I never have a problem when visiting.

After all, I have my own disorder(acute anxiety) so who am I to "laugh" at someone.
No one is laughing "at" him, at least I don't think so.  I would like to think that for him, or anyone in his situation the bizarre way the world is handling their fears of the unknown by feeling a need manage a person with a disability so that others don't suffer some completely misplaced fear is an indictment on human nature that if we can't see the funny side, we will fall in a type of just as equally misplaced despair over.

I would like to picture him telling this to some mates over a beer and having a riotous time recalling the crazy reactions and expressions on faces his completely innocent and unintentional outbursts created amongst those around him - it makes a great ice breaker when you can laugh at the bizarre situations a person can end up in on this earth.

"I warn you, whoever you are, oh you who wish to probe the arcanes of nature, if you do not find within yourself that which you seek, neither shall you find it outside.
If you ignore the excellencies of your own house, how do you intend to find other excellencies?
In you is hidden the treasure of treasures, Oh man, know thyself and you shall know the Universe and the Gods."

Inscription - Temple of Delphi

#11    and then

and then

    Abyssus Abyssum Invocat

  • Member
  • 13,241 posts
  • Joined:15 Dec 2011
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Land's End

  • Because what came before never seems enough...

Posted 30 April 2013 - 10:03 AM

I saw (and heard) this guy on Fox last night.  His "tick" sounded like  a yelp or shout of the word bomb.  If I had been on that flight and had to listen to someone doing that for an hour or more I'd have been uneasy and some people would probably have gotten angry thinking he was just being a wise guy.  I guess the pilot did what he thought was best.

  We've cast the world, we've set the stage,
  for what could be, the darkest age...




0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users