Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Armed drones operated from Britain

armed drones ministry of defence mod raf waddington pilots

• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

#16    shaddow134

shaddow134

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,426 posts

• "I have often regretted my speech, never my silence." - Xenocrates

Posted 30 April 2013 - 04:20 PM

Welcome to the Future,Unmanned aerial warfare and surveillance.The US has already demonstrated that they can fly these machines into anybody's airspace and basically pick off anybody they want.The fact now that the UK and Western Governments are now acquiring these extremely useful and dangerous weapon systems should be of no surprise.

Put this together with all the Cameras on the ground,there really is no place to hide anymore.

"Don't worry about the world coming to an end today. It's already tomorrow in Australia." - Charles Schulz

#17    Corp

Corp

Telekinetic

• 6,945 posts

Posted 30 April 2013 - 04:40 PM

I know people tend to hate drones but it doesn't seem like they're doing anything different from what manned jets would be doing.

War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things: the decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling which thinks that nothing is worth a war, is much worse...A man who has nothing which he is willing to fight for, nothing which he cares more about than he does about his personal safety, is a miserable creature who has no chance of being free, unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself.

#18    shaddow134

shaddow134

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,426 posts

• "I have often regretted my speech, never my silence." - Xenocrates

Posted 30 April 2013 - 04:49 PM

View PostCorp, on 30 April 2013 - 04:40 PM, said:

I know people tend to hate drones but it doesn't seem like they're doing anything different from what manned jets would be doing.

No but they are smaller,and harder to see and hear,the pilot is safely back in his operations room and drones cost one fifth or less than a fighter plane.Which in a world of tightening budgets make them a very viable and attractive option.

"Don't worry about the world coming to an end today. It's already tomorrow in Australia." - Charles Schulz

#19    stevewinn

stevewinn

Government Agent

• 8,229 posts

• Victory at all costs, victory in spite of all terror, victory however long and hard the road may be; for without victory, there is no survival

Posted 01 May 2013 - 05:56 PM

View PostCorp, on 30 April 2013 - 04:40 PM, said:

the argument is there is less political pressure on governments, so in the future their more likely to intervene militarily than if their forces lives are not put at risk as they are now. a good example would be Iran. if its estimated conventional strikes on Iran would likely see a 5% attrition rate of planes shot down. politically the fallout from captured or downed planes/pilots would be a disaster at home. - but if you can send drones who cares of the 5% rate - shot down. only machines, doesn't have the same impact as human lives.

remember the impact on seeing the images from the Gulf War 1991. even aged nine i can still remember seeing the images on the NEWS and propaganda film of the downed UK Tornado, and the captured and then tortured images of both pilots Flt John Peters and John Nichol.  

From five minutes you can see the footage released by the Iraqis. John Peters was battered by the Iraqis.

Posted Image

British by Birth - English by the Grace of God

#20    keithisco

keithisco

Alien Abducter

• 5,457 posts

Posted 02 May 2013 - 03:26 PM

Overall, the Old European Nations TEND to act with greater humanity and responsibility  than the USA Military model. The Rules of Engagement are very strictly adhered to.

It is important to understand that NO drones have Binocular vision (i.e. twin, separated, video feeds back to base to give depth perception to the pilots) which is a simple cost analysis amounting to approximately 100,000 USD per aircraft. But cost is everything... With depth perception then it is easier (much) to ensure that your target is that which is intended, without the enormous collateral deaths of innocent people.

Then there are Institutional Imperitives... who, in their right mind, would allow such Organisations as the CIA to operate and command ANY drone mission? They seem to be supporting Heroin Production in Afghanistan (UK Troops forbidden from burning the Poppy Fields).

#21    OverSword

OverSword

Forum Divinity

• 11,814 posts

• When the power of love overcomes the love of power then humanity can evolve

Posted 02 May 2013 - 09:50 PM

http://www.unexplain...howtopic=244433

#22    OverSword

OverSword

Forum Divinity

• 11,814 posts

• When the power of love overcomes the love of power then humanity can evolve

Posted 02 May 2013 - 09:52 PM

snip

Edited by OverSword, 02 May 2013 - 09:53 PM.

#23    Heaven Is A Halfpipe

Heaven Is A Halfpipe

Conspiracy Theorist

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 914 posts

• Hi. My name is Spike.

Posted 04 May 2013 - 05:15 PM

Orwell was right.

You can go the distance, you can run the mile and you can walk straight through HELL with a smile.

My UM Credentials: http://www.unexplain...5

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users