Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Black Voter Turnout Passes Whites

racism elections voting

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1    Kowalski

Kowalski

The Original Penguin Conspiracy Theorist

• 4,102 posts

• It's All Some Kind Of Wacked Out Conspiracy....

Posted 28 April 2013 - 02:02 PM

In a first, black voter turnout rate passes whites

WASHINGTON (AP) — America's blacks voted at a higher rate than other minority groups in 2012 and by most measures surpassed the white turnout for the first time, reflecting a deeply polarized presidential election in which blacks strongly supported Barack Obama while many whites stayed home.
Had people voted last November at the same rates they did in 2004, when black turnout was below its current historic levels, Republican Mitt Romney would have won narrowly, according to an analysis conducted for The Associated Press.
Census data and exit polling show that whites and blacks will remain the two largest racial groups of eligible voters for the next decade. Last year's heavy black turnout came despite concerns about the effect of new voter-identification laws on minority voting, outweighed by the desire to re-elect the first black president.
William H. Frey, a demographer at the Brookings Institution, analyzed the 2012 elections for the AP using census data on eligible voters and turnout, along with November's exit polling. He estimated total votes for Obama and Romney under a scenario where 2012 turnout rates for all racial groups matched those in 2004. Overall, 2012 voter turnout was roughly 58 percent, down from 62 percent in 2008 and 60 percent in 2004.

Taken from http://news.yahoo.co...-115957314.html

Okay, one minute the MSM is lamenting a "divided" America and then they publish c**** like this, that only goes further in dividing it! :angry:

#2    freetoroam

freetoroam

Honourary member of the UM asylum

• 6,797 posts

• If you didn't see it with your own eyes, or hear it with your own ears, don't invent it with your small mind and share it with your big mouth!

Posted 28 April 2013 - 02:25 PM

when black turnout was below its current historic levels

--------------------------------
Why was this? did they not want to vote for a white president?

In an ideal World a law would be passed were NO guns were allowed and all those out there destroyed, trouble is the law makers are not going to take a risk of trying to pass that without making sure they are armed first.

#3    F3SS

F3SS

Majestic 12 Operative

• 6,398 posts

Posted 28 April 2013 - 02:34 PM

Well when 96% of the black vote went to Obama I would say the answer is obvious. You don't hear cries of racism but if 96% of the white vote went to Romney you sure would. Actually I don't think it's so much of not wanting to vote for a white guy as mucj as it is about really wanting to vote for a black guy no matter what his policies are, ie voting blindly.
And you're right. The media cries and moans about suppression at the booth and all this op does is prove that it was all nonsense and bs.

Posted Image

#4    Rafterman

Rafterman

Majestic 12 Operative

• 6,558 posts

Posted 28 April 2013 - 02:46 PM

Wait, how can this be, thought those evil Republicans suppressed black voter turnout all over the country.

Unfortunately for Democrats, black voter turnout will evaporate in 2016 and Hillary - or whomever - will be on their knees, hands held to the heavens, screaming WHYYYYYYY???????

"You can't have freedom of religion without having freedom from the religious beliefs of other people."

#5    Ashotep

Ashotep

Telekinetic

• 7,401 posts

• Courage is being scared to death but saddling up anyway-John Wayne

Posted 28 April 2013 - 02:52 PM

View Postfreetoroam, on 28 April 2013 - 02:25 PM, said:

when black turnout was below its current historic levels

--------------------------------
Why was this? did they not want to vote for a white president?
No I don't think they do.

#6    supervike

supervike

Alien Abducter

• 5,491 posts

Posted 28 April 2013 - 03:24 PM

Couple of points.

I voted for the President, and I'm certainly not black.  And I certainly wasn't in the minority of 'white folks' that voted for Obama.

And I'd have to say that I'll bet a huge percentage of blacks are indeed Democrat, which probably explains why they voted.

I think a huge percentage of the Hispanic vote went to the President as well.

The real issue is that Romney couldn't connect with minority voters.  In fact the entire Republican party has that very same issue.  It's something they are addressing.

But, ultimately, I agree with Kowalski, this is just the media playing race to make the story.

Edited by supervike, 28 April 2013 - 03:26 PM.

#7    freetoroam

freetoroam

Honourary member of the UM asylum

• 6,797 posts

• If you didn't see it with your own eyes, or hear it with your own ears, don't invent it with your small mind and share it with your big mouth!

Posted 28 April 2013 - 03:31 PM

View Postsupervike, on 28 April 2013 - 03:24 PM, said:

Couple of points.

I voted for the President, and I'm certainly not black.  And I certainly wasn't in the minority of 'white folks' that voted for Obama.

And I'd have to say that I'll bet a huge percentage of blacks are indeed Democrat, which probably explains why they voted.

I think a huge percentage of the Hispanic vote went to the President as well.

The real issue is that Romney couldn't connect with minority voters.  In fact the entire Republican party has that very same issue.  It's something they are addressing.

But, ultimately, I agree with Kowalski, this is just the media playing race to make the story.
Of course they are, because by their own admission they could have made this a story before when the black vote was low and asked questions then.

In an ideal World a law would be passed were NO guns were allowed and all those out there destroyed, trouble is the law makers are not going to take a risk of trying to pass that without making sure they are armed first.

#8    and then

and then

Abyssus Abyssum Invocat

• 13,646 posts

• Because what came before never seems enough...

Posted 28 April 2013 - 05:12 PM

I think the primacy of the democrat party is based on the free stuff they have given and are continuing to give.  PERIOD
Not enough seem to want to be adults any longer and face the reality of our economic situation.

We've cast the world, we've set the stage,
  for what could be, the darkest age...

#9    Babe Ruth

Babe Ruth

Non-Corporeal Being

• 8,373 posts

Posted 28 April 2013 - 07:42 PM

As a white man, I'm glad to see this.

So many problems are induced by an out of control political system, yet the political system is all we got, it seems.

For many many years black folks have lost ground within the larger cultural view, so it seems to me that if they can help control the political system, more power to them. :tu:

#10    and then

and then

Abyssus Abyssum Invocat

• 13,646 posts

• Because what came before never seems enough...

Posted 28 April 2013 - 10:14 PM

View PostBabe Ruth, on 28 April 2013 - 07:42 PM, said:

As a white man, I'm glad to see this.

So many problems are induced by an out of control political system, yet the political system is all we got, it seems.

For many many years black folks have lost ground within the larger cultural view, so it seems to me that if they can help control the political system, more power to them. :tu:
They can't do any worse, that's for sure...

We've cast the world, we've set the stage,
  for what could be, the darkest age...

#11    AsteroidX

AsteroidX

Government Agent

• 3,570 posts

• it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such Government, and to provide new Guards for their future security

Posted 29 April 2013 - 12:31 AM

I shall protest by not voting in the next several elections and continue to let them vote in the stupidest politicians imaginable and hopefully they will be unable to do anything but drool for all the PAC money there siphoning off the taxpayer.

Also tagged with racism, elections, voting

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users