Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

bad omen?

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1    Doctor manhattan

Doctor manhattan

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 147 posts

• What progress we are making. In the Middle Ages they would have burned me. Now they are content with burning my books.
    -sigmund frued

Posted 29 April 2013 - 02:57 AM

A couple days after kim jong un started sabre rattling i was counting the loose change i have in a cup and i noticed that there were three ww2 rememberance coins, a 1dollar coin, a twenty cent peace and a fifty cent peace. Each coin is a different design and are all minted in 2005. What i am wondering is this, is it just a coincidence? or is it a bad omen?

#2    coolguy

coolguy

Poltergeist

• 2,394 posts

• Star trek rules

Posted 29 April 2013 - 04:03 AM

It's odd that they are all 2005.but why is the year 2005 important?

#3    s33ker

s33ker

Remote Viewer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 562 posts

• Believe anything until proven otherwise, otherwise believe nothing until proven.

Posted 29 April 2013 - 06:50 AM

Have you had many "omens" before?

#4    libstaK

libstaK

Nosce Te Ipsum

• 7,178 posts

• Hello Reality and all that is True
    When Oxymoron was defined it was just for you

Posted 29 April 2013 - 12:26 PM

How does it constitute a "bad omen" exactly?  I would have thought it was a happy coincidence born of a streak of impulsive hoarding around the 2005 mark by someone, if not necessarily yourself.

"I warn you, whoever you are, oh you who wish to probe the arcanes of nature, if you do not find within yourself that which you seek, neither shall you find it outside.
If you ignore the excellencies of your own house, how do you intend to find other excellencies?
In you is hidden the treasure of treasures, Oh man, know thyself and you shall know the Universe and the Gods."

Inscription - Temple of Delphi

#5    Doctor manhattan

Doctor manhattan

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 147 posts

• What progress we are making. In the Middle Ages they would have burned me. Now they are content with burning my books.
    -sigmund frued

Posted 29 April 2013 - 12:57 PM

View Postcoolguy, on 29 April 2013 - 04:03 AM, said:

It's odd that they are all 2005.but why is the year 2005 important?
i found out today that they only made these coins in 2005 so the date is not important.

#6    BiffSplitkins

BiffSplitkins

Vertically Challenged

• 7,608 posts

• We all have a song inside us, it tells us who we are.

'John Doeber' fellow musician

Posted 29 April 2013 - 01:04 PM

I had a bad Omen once. I really wanted to re-watch a Gregory Peck classic from 1976 so I ordered it DVD-mail from Netflix. It was so scratched that I couldn't watch it.

Posted Image

"The problem with internet quotes is that you cant always depend on their accuracy" -Abraham Lincoln, 1864

Posted Image

#7    Doctor manhattan

Doctor manhattan

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 147 posts

-sigmund frued

Posted 29 April 2013 - 01:11 PM

View PostlibstaK, on 29 April 2013 - 12:26 PM, said:

How does it constitute a "bad omen" exactly?  I would have thought it was a happy coincidence born of a streak of impulsive hoarding around the 2005 mark by someone, if not necessarily yourself.
it would if i have been collecting coins since 2005 but i dont. I found the three coins in the change i had from that week, Not years worth of change.   To me thats seems a little odd.

#8    Doctor manhattan

Doctor manhattan

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 147 posts

-sigmund frued

Posted 29 April 2013 - 01:15 PM

View Posts33ker, on 29 April 2013 - 06:50 AM, said:

Have you had many "omens" before?
no not really.

#9    libstaK

libstaK

Nosce Te Ipsum

• 7,178 posts

• Hello Reality and all that is True
    When Oxymoron was defined it was just for you

Posted 29 April 2013 - 02:22 PM

View PostDoctor manhattan, on 29 April 2013 - 01:11 PM, said:

it would if i have been collecting coins since 2005 but i dont. I found the three coins in the change i had from that week, Not years worth of change.   To me thats seems a little odd.
Odd is fair enough but an omen or portent of something? Not so much. A collection like that just does not point to anything unless something significant occurred in 2005 in your own life that is concerning to you?

"I warn you, whoever you are, oh you who wish to probe the arcanes of nature, if you do not find within yourself that which you seek, neither shall you find it outside.
If you ignore the excellencies of your own house, how do you intend to find other excellencies?
In you is hidden the treasure of treasures, Oh man, know thyself and you shall know the Universe and the Gods."

Inscription - Temple of Delphi

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users