Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Seeing Into Someone's Head

• Please log in to reply
33 replies to this topic

#1    Miss Shadows

Miss Shadows

Conspiracy Theorist

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 954 posts

• Welcome to my home. Now get the **** out.

Posted 30 April 2013 - 07:09 AM

Hey I just had 2 questions to ask; I assume this is the correct place.

1. What's the term for when a person can walk by other people in their day, and get a sense of what's going on with that person in their life or their minds in that moment, through images, sounds, physical and emotional sensations, etcetera? Not so much like empathy (though maybe similar), and not mind-reading. Just inadvertantly taking in the contents of another person's thoughts and such when one looks at them or maybe get's near them.

2. How do you turn it on/off?

Thank you so much in advance.

American with an accent, Christian with a tat, sociopath with a heart, child with no mother, Lover with no Lover, confidently doubting, amused but not laughing, woman but child, feisty yet caring, sweet when not bitter.

#2    Frank Merton

Frank Merton

Blue fish

• 14,919 posts

• fmerton.blogspot.com

Posted 30 April 2013 - 07:18 AM

It's odd no one has responded yet; I don't think such things are real and when they happen are entirely imaginary.  Therefore one turns the sensation on or off by taking or not taking one's pills.

#3    Miss Shadows

Miss Shadows

Conspiracy Theorist

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 954 posts

• Welcome to my home. Now get the **** out.

Posted 30 April 2013 - 07:35 AM

View PostFrank Merton, on 30 April 2013 - 07:18 AM, said:

It's odd no one has responded yet; I don't think such things are real and when they happen are entirely imaginary.  Therefore one turns the sensation on or off by taking or not taking one's pills.
Mhm? Well it's a good thing we have non-believers, honestly. What if we didn't? Everyone would believe everything and anything without question. Without believers, what exploration would there be? No one would question, and therefore no one would delve into and expand what we know about the world around us.

Feel free to ignore this, Frank, or feel free to continue contributing. If you'd be willing to humor me a moment, beliefs set aside, let's just say someone has no mental disorders/dysfunctions/impairments, and has verified, factual reason stating this is perfectly legitimate, even if unexplained by conventional wisdom. What would you call what I described in number 1 in my original post? Look at it as a matter of putting a name on something.

American with an accent, Christian with a tat, sociopath with a heart, child with no mother, Lover with no Lover, confidently doubting, amused but not laughing, woman but child, feisty yet caring, sweet when not bitter.

#4    Frank Merton

Frank Merton

Blue fish

• 14,919 posts

• fmerton.blogspot.com

Posted 30 April 2013 - 07:42 AM

We all have mental disorders and dysfunctions.  I am prone to losing my temper something awful -- not good especially in someone who tries to be a good Buddhist.

Nor am I a believer in "conventional wisdom," since I don't think such a thing actually exists, even among the most materialist reductionist positivist you might possibly find.  

I do think we are all entirely alone, with no means of breaking our loneliness except the poor and often misleading and artificial contrivances of conventional language and gestures.  We wish we had better ways to share and so end up imagining them.

#5    Ever Learning

Ever Learning

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,535 posts

Posted 30 April 2013 - 10:40 AM

i thought this was an empath and a good explanation of one too. i like to call my self a empath but try to rationalize it by thinking im justjust good at reading body language and know what people are about to say by knowing what the most likely thing someone would say. i was deaf untill age of four so assume my brain compensated with body and lip reading abilities. i can completely hear now but im quite intune with others.
not sure if i was this good before being a christian, thinks its cus bible teaches us ti consider others first.
i know other christians who can do this to.
also thought this would be a thing buddists believe in as its an a ability known when using the heart chakra.

Edited by Armchair Educated, 30 April 2013 - 10:54 AM.

www.paranormaltales.boards.net

#6    Frank Merton

Frank Merton

Blue fish

• 14,919 posts

• fmerton.blogspot.com

Posted 30 April 2013 - 12:22 PM

These things are yogic, and there is some of this in some forms of Buddhism (Tibetan?) but it is not something "Buddhists believe in," and is mainly a Hindu belief system (not that there is not a great deal of back-and-forth between these traditions).  For the most part nowadays Buddhists practice Western medicine.

#7    John from Lowell

John from Lowell

Psychic Spy

• 1,849 posts

• Self Love Unlocks the Magic Inside

Posted 30 April 2013 - 01:31 PM

View PostHeartsAreForBreaking, on 30 April 2013 - 07:09 AM, said:

1. What's the term for when a person can walk by other people in their day, and get a sense of what's going on with that person in their life or their minds in that moment, through images, sounds, physical and emotional sensations, etcetera? Not so much like empathy (though maybe similar), and not mind-reading. Just inadvertantly taking in the contents of another person's thoughts and such when one looks at them or maybe get's near them.

Hi,

(1) Telepathy when you can define that as a "shared experience".
(2) There is no on/off switch. You either evolve the skill or put it into remission.

John

What We Are Never Changes !!

Who We Are Is Always Changing !!!

#8    Ever Learning

Ever Learning

Psychic Spy

• 1,535 posts

Posted 30 April 2013 - 02:01 PM

View PostJohn from Lowell, on 30 April 2013 - 01:31 PM, said:

Hi,

(1) Telepathy when you can define that as a "shared experience".
(2) There is no on/off switch. You either evolve the skill or put it into remission.

John
with the on off switch thing, i dont always think its possible to keep abilities. i think some abilities can depend on your state of mind and as we are allways changing mentally, it can temporarly be lost.  i have zero abilities on days when im self obsessed or not loving in nature.

www.paranormaltales.boards.net

#9    Mr Right Wing

Mr Right Wing

Poltergeist

• Banned
  • 2,924 posts

Posted 30 April 2013 - 02:02 PM

Some questions for you -

1. Where you taking cough medicine at the time?
2. Where you taking any other medication?
3. Did you have insomnia the night before?
4. Had you been using any recreational drugs?

What you call 'reality' gets altered in certain circumstances giving you bizarre experiences. Those experiences can include the merging with another persons consciousness or physical body. It doesnt just occur when taking drugs and having a lack of sleep. Some people have naturally high levels of DMT in their brains (similar effects to lsd).

Edited by Giant Killer B, 30 April 2013 - 02:03 PM.

#10    Frank Merton

Frank Merton

Blue fish

• 14,919 posts

• fmerton.blogspot.com

Posted 30 April 2013 - 02:08 PM

I dunno; I have to take lots of drugs (although not recreational) and I manage to keep my mind pretty much in my skull most of the time, and I've never noticed anyone else's in there.  Is this normal?

#11    Mr Right Wing

Mr Right Wing

Poltergeist

• Banned
  • 2,924 posts

Posted 30 April 2013 - 02:21 PM

View PostFrank Merton, on 30 April 2013 - 02:08 PM, said:

I dunno; I have to take lots of drugs (although not recreational) and I manage to keep my mind pretty much in my skull most of the time, and I've never noticed anyone else's in there.  Is this normal?

If your doctor isnt giving you any psychoactive drugs then you arent going to have any psychoactive experiences now are you?

For the OP another thing which can cause psychoactive experiences is touching certain house/garden plants you might have without washing your hands afterwards.

#12    Frank Merton

Frank Merton

Blue fish

• 14,919 posts

• fmerton.blogspot.com

Posted 30 April 2013 - 03:12 PM

I was being sarcastic; at heart when people come on this board with stories of this sort I just sorta can't help myself.  They are looking for support to the idea that they have some unusual ability, and maybe they do.  My testimony is that I don't.

#13    freetoroam

freetoroam

Honourary member of the UM asylum

• 8,440 posts

• If you didn't see it with your own eyes, or hear it with your own ears, don't invent it with your small mind and share it with your big mouth!

Posted 30 April 2013 - 03:20 PM

How do you know you are sensing the right things about that person? Do you ask them?

In an ideal World a law would be passed were NO guns were allowed and all those out there destroyed, trouble is the law makers are not going to take a risk of trying to pass that without making sure they are armed first.

#14    lightly

lightly

metaphysical therapist

• 6,396 posts

• "The future ain't what it used to be"
    Yogi Berra

Posted 30 April 2013 - 03:40 PM

View Postfreetoroam, on 30 April 2013 - 03:20 PM, said:

How do you know you are sensing the right things about that person? Do you ask them?

Good idea..      I dunno what the nature of THOUGHT is supposed to be , scientifically .   I would guess , as with everything else ... PHYSICAL?  
So, how about the idea of quantum entanglement.. and Einstein's "spooky action at a distance"  ??   I dunno,  but we do seem to leak /transmit .. and  sense/ receive  sometimes.
I've had lots of experiences of somehow  'picking up'   on what someone was thinking... and had people accurately tell me what i had just thought.

Important:  The above may contain errors, inaccuracies, omissions, and other limitations.

#15    freetoroam

freetoroam

Honourary member of the UM asylum

• 8,440 posts

• If you didn't see it with your own eyes, or hear it with your own ears, don't invent it with your small mind and share it with your big mouth!

Posted 30 April 2013 - 03:52 PM

View Postlightly, on 30 April 2013 - 03:40 PM, said:

Good idea..   I dunno what the nature of THOUGHT is supposed to be , scientifically .   I would guess , as with everything else ... PHYSICAL?  
So, how about the idea of quantum entanglement.. and Einstein's "spooky action at a distance"  ??   I dunno,  but we do seem to leak /transmit .. and  sense/ receive  sometimes.
I've had lots of experiences of somehow  'picking up'   on what someone was thinking... and had people accurately tell me what i had just thought.
quantum entanglement?
you have lost me
Posted Image

In an ideal World a law would be passed were NO guns were allowed and all those out there destroyed, trouble is the law makers are not going to take a risk of trying to pass that without making sure they are armed first.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users