Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * * * 1 votes

Did humans reach Americas 22,000 years ago?

• Please log in to reply
57 replies to this topic

#1    Saru

Saru

Site Webmaster

• 19,914 posts

• "The most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious." - Albert Einstein

Posted 30 April 2013 - 11:36 AM

New evidence has been found which suggests humans reached South America far earlier than thought.

New Scientist said:

Humans lived in South America at the height of the last ice age, thousands of years earlier than we thought, according to a controversial study. A team claims to have found 22,000-year-old stone tools at a site in Brazil, though other archaeologists are disputing the claim.

Posted Image Read more...

#2    freetoroam

freetoroam

Honourary member of the UM asylum

• 6,676 posts

• If you didn't see it with your own eyes, or hear it with your own ears, don't invent it with your small mind and share it with your big mouth!

Posted 30 April 2013 - 01:14 PM

"Of course America had been discovered before Columbus, but it had always been hushed up"...Oscar Wilde.

In an ideal World a law would be passed were NO guns were allowed and all those out there destroyed, trouble is the law makers are not going to take a risk of trying to pass that without making sure they are armed first.

#3    Dark_Grey

Dark_Grey

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,499 posts

• if (empty($universe)) {
    include 'reality.php';
    }

Posted 30 April 2013 - 01:15 PM

You mean they weren't Israelites that later became the Indians and Mexicans? Joseph Smith couldn't be THAT off, could he?

Exploring your own consciousness is the fundamental right of every individual

Locking people in a cage because they choose to exercise that right should be considered a crime against humanity

#4    Frank Merton

Frank Merton

Blue fish

• 12,586 posts

• I dunno --

Posted 30 April 2013 - 01:22 PM

I will believe it when there is much better evidence than now; in the meantime a much later date seems more likely, although even then several thousands of years before Noah.

#5    marcos anthony toledo

marcos anthony toledo

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 223 posts

Posted 30 April 2013 - 02:19 PM

They have been hiding evidence of human settlement of the Americans likely the Americas was settled  for centuries. It is more than likely a 100.000 to 250,000 year record of settlement exist but is denied for political and racist reasons.

#6    Bavarian Raven

Bavarian Raven

Psychic Spy

• 1,478 posts

Posted 30 April 2013 - 03:21 PM

Honestly, the 20-40 thousand year ago range seems most likely. Doesn't mean these populations were successful and could have easily died off due to disease or natural disasters, etc, but the 12 thousand year ago mark just seems too late. Humans are adventurous creatures after all and can/will spread whereever possible as quickly as possible.

#7    paperdyer

paperdyer

Remote Viewer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 624 posts

• "The place where optimism flourishes the most is the insane asylum."

Posted 30 April 2013 - 05:43 PM

This goes along with the  dig on my company's plant site in Martin, SC. There is strong evidence that humans were in North America around that time as well.

Edited by paperdyer, 30 April 2013 - 05:44 PM.

#8    Silver Surfer

Silver Surfer

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 221 posts

Posted 30 April 2013 - 08:45 PM

Bloody hell... humans reached everywhere before everyone thought... recorded history doesn't mean sh*te! I think we should gift all our land in the world to the neanderthals (yes i know a few) they were there first.

#9    Sheep Smart

Sheep Smart

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 340 posts

• Im so happy I bleed it.

Posted 30 April 2013 - 09:19 PM

Where do they get the "2,000" from?  Not 20, 000 but precisely 22, 000.??

#10    calaf

calaf

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 177 posts

Posted 30 April 2013 - 10:49 PM

View PostDark_Grey, on 30 April 2013 - 01:15 PM, said:

You mean they weren't Israelites that later became the Indians and Mexicans? Joseph Smith couldn't be THAT off, could he?
You forgot the Egyptians in the Grand Canyon.

#11    DieChecker

DieChecker

I'm a Rogue Scholar

• 16,843 posts

• Hey, I'm not wrong. I'm just not completely right.

Posted 30 April 2013 - 11:54 PM

From the OP Link:

Stones falling from above can break, making them look like human-made tools. As a result, McNabb calls the evidence "suggestive but unproven".

I tend to fall into this group. Many of the pictures I've seen online from the oldest of these Pre-Clovis sites appear (to me) to be randomly faulted gravel. I do agree that there is very good evidence in several places of pre-Clovis occupation, but some of the more ancient claims seem to be very less well evidenced, to put it kindly. Finding charcoal and findin faulted rocks does not equal human habitation.

Here at Intel we make processors on 12 inch wafers. And, the individual processors on the wafers are called die. And, I am employed to check these die. That is why I am the DieChecker.

At times one remains faithful to a cause only because its opponents do not cease to be insipid. - Friedrich Nietzsche

Qualifications? This is cryptozoology, dammit! All that is required is the spirit of adventure. - Night Walker

#12    Abramelin

Abramelin

-

• 18,089 posts
  • Location:"Here the tide is ruled, by the wind, the moon and us."

• God created the world, but the Dutch created the Netherlands

Posted 01 May 2013 - 12:40 AM

Same topic, 6 weeks ago

http://www.unexplain...howtopic=244814

Edited by Abramelin, 01 May 2013 - 12:41 AM.

#13    DieChecker

DieChecker

I'm a Rogue Scholar

• 16,843 posts

• Hey, I'm not wrong. I'm just not completely right.

Posted 01 May 2013 - 12:48 AM

View PostAbramelin, on 01 May 2013 - 12:40 AM, said:

There are the pictures of the gravel I was talking about. I've seen many much more arrow-heady stones walking randomly around the Oregon countryside.

Here at Intel we make processors on 12 inch wafers. And, the individual processors on the wafers are called die. And, I am employed to check these die. That is why I am the DieChecker.

At times one remains faithful to a cause only because its opponents do not cease to be insipid. - Friedrich Nietzsche

Qualifications? This is cryptozoology, dammit! All that is required is the spirit of adventure. - Night Walker

#14    coolguy

coolguy

Psychic Spy

• 1,852 posts

• Star trek rules

Posted 01 May 2013 - 04:06 AM

I think people where here sooner.but did they stay thats the question.

#15    Frank Merton

Frank Merton

Blue fish

• 12,586 posts

• I dunno --

Posted 01 May 2013 - 06:21 AM

As I understand the finds, and they are really not convincing, there may have been humans in the Americas 22,000 years ago according to the dating of materials found associated with what may be stone tools, but the association is debated.

When the last ice age began to end, real movements of Siberian populations happened geologically very rapidly (less than a thousand years) and quickly populated the Americas head to toe.  Subsequently several other waves of migration may also have happened and the Americas may have been visited but not settled successfully by Chinese, Japanese, Polynesians, Scandinavians, and maybe even Romans.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users