Jump to content




Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.


- - - - -

Why the US Shouldn't Get Involved


  • Please log in to reply
28 replies to this topic

#1    and then

and then

    Abyssus Abyssum Invocat

  • Member
  • 13,358 posts
  • Joined:15 Dec 2011
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Land's End

  • Because what came before never seems enough...

Posted 30 April 2013 - 12:20 PM

http://www.stratfor....b89035657aa53b6

StratFor is a think tank similar to a non governmental CIA.  This is an excellent article on what intervention would, and would NOT accomplish.

  We've cast the world, we've set the stage,
  for what could be, the darkest age...

#2    Frank Merton

Frank Merton

    Blue fish

  • Member
  • 13,054 posts
  • Joined:22 Jan 2013
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam

  • fmerton.blogspot.com

Posted 30 April 2013 - 12:43 PM

Probably it should not be the US, but I think anyone who is able to has a moral obligation to put a stop to this carnage.  To me this means the Arabs and the Turks.


#3    spartan max2

spartan max2

    Poltergeist

  • Member
  • 2,440 posts
  • Joined:15 Nov 2012
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Ohio

  • There's nothing so absurd that if you repeat it often enough

Posted 30 April 2013 - 02:43 PM

I think we should just pull out of everywere. We help set up puppet dictators so that they will do what we say until we are done with them then we help set up a new puppet regime.

The dictator in egypt was a guy we helped put there. Now we helped the rebels who are openly part of al queda. Who we also do not like?

So lets just leave everyone alone for once.

" I imagine that the intellegent people are the ones so intellegent that they dont even need or want to look "intellegent" anymore".
Criss Jami

#4    spartan max2

spartan max2

    Poltergeist

  • Member
  • 2,440 posts
  • Joined:15 Nov 2012
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Ohio

  • There's nothing so absurd that if you repeat it often enough

Posted 30 April 2013 - 02:45 PM

I use to be pro interviention. But the more stuff i keep finding out the past year the more i think we should mind our own business.

" I imagine that the intellegent people are the ones so intellegent that they dont even need or want to look "intellegent" anymore".
Criss Jami

#5    Frank Merton

Frank Merton

    Blue fish

  • Member
  • 13,054 posts
  • Joined:22 Jan 2013
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam

  • fmerton.blogspot.com

Posted 30 April 2013 - 03:25 PM

Isolationism by any country doesn't work.  Thinking one should just walk away and let them kill each other will not cause them to leave you alone, but in fact tends to do the opposite.  Everyone everywhere needs to do as much as they possibly can, including the judicious use of force, to promote peace.  As the militarily most powerful country on the planet, that often means the US.  That is just the reality.  If Vietnam were to be invaded by a power which shall remain nameless, guess, in spite of the history, who the Vietnamese would call on?


#6    and then

and then

    Abyssus Abyssum Invocat

  • Member
  • 13,358 posts
  • Joined:15 Dec 2011
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Land's End

  • Because what came before never seems enough...

Posted 30 April 2013 - 03:55 PM

View PostFrank Merton, on 30 April 2013 - 03:25 PM, said:

Isolationism by any country doesn't work.  Thinking one should just walk away and let them kill each other will not cause them to leave you alone, but in fact tends to do the opposite.  Everyone everywhere needs to do as much as they possibly can, including the judicious use of force, to promote peace.  As the militarily most powerful country on the planet, that often means the US.  That is just the reality.  If Vietnam were to be invaded by a power which shall remain nameless, guess, in spite of the history, who the Vietnamese would call on?
Thing is, Frank, that the days are ending when the US can afford to do that anymore.  It has long been my contention that those who hate the US will miss it grievously when it isn't a power any longer.  And all the accusations of corruption and illegality won't mean anything when the help a country desperately needs is no longer available from the one source where it so often was..... THEN the cry will be "where is America?"

  We've cast the world, we've set the stage,
  for what could be, the darkest age...

#7    Frank Merton

Frank Merton

    Blue fish

  • Member
  • 13,054 posts
  • Joined:22 Jan 2013
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam

  • fmerton.blogspot.com

Posted 30 April 2013 - 04:01 PM

Nations need to plan and find friends and whatever.  I suspect the US will always be there although the way it is going it seems to be in decline.  I really doubt a country like Vietnam will ever need the US to bail it out; the point of my message was just that no one should think they can live in isolation from the rest of the world.


#8    Black Red Devil

Black Red Devil

    Mean as Hell

  • Member
  • 2,328 posts
  • Joined:04 Oct 2008
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Sydney

  • I would if I could
    But I can't, so I won't

Posted 03 May 2013 - 07:35 AM

Why not?  It gets uninviting involved in every other war.  Maybe there ain't enough oil to tickle their fancy.

We are each our own devil, and we make this world our hell

- Oscar Wilde

#9    Jessica Christ

Jessica Christ

    jeanne d'arc, je te suivrai

  • Member
  • 3,607 posts
  • Joined:27 May 2011
  • Location:Currently entering that inner landscape connecting those throughout life

  • It seems so important now but you will get over.

Posted 04 May 2013 - 09:20 PM

Whatever we do we should not simply send in arms. Arming others is never an accountable action. Those arms will be sold, traded, or appropriated to other parties and only serves to line the pockets of arms dealers at the price of long term stability.

Our options should be between boots on the ground or supporting a credible military force such as those from neighboring countries or a coalition force.

"And then" made a great point, specifically that the days of where we could afford to just drop in our own troops as a "go to" solution are coming to and end. Not that we cannot continue to intervene but we have to be strategic especially in regards to scope.

We are already making a mistake of funding the rebel militias to the tune of 3 billion (correct me if I am wrong; posting from the phone.)

As an aside I prefer FAS over Stratfor.

FAS's mission and academic approach will yield more accurate analysis.

http://www.fas.org/

http://en.m.wikipedi...ican_Scientists

Edited by Leave Britney alone!, 04 May 2013 - 09:53 PM.


#10    SurgeTechnologies

SurgeTechnologies

    Psychic Spy

  • Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,238 posts
  • Joined:21 Feb 2011
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Not disclosed

  • "Why not take what seems to me the only chance of escaping what is otherwise the sure destruction"

Posted 04 May 2013 - 11:22 PM

Has anyone actually red that? Such lies... Media has reported US & EU involvement so far.. and Russians which didnt actually do anything but sent ships to gulf are being blamed all over... Chemical weapons being used by some parties of ressistance yes... not Assad... this page falls under "heavy" missleading source... you can take it for granted but i wont sorry...

http://www.upi.com/T...91281367010426/
http://www.dailymail...der-Jordan.html
http://www.presstv.c...ants-in-jordan/
http://english.alara...ers-report.html

I've "heard" US & UK military or some other part of those is covertly arming and training certain parts of this ressistance... and now with Israel making those bombing runs, relations will degrade, worst case scenario Russian fleet might open fire on certain Isreali targets, so will Syria god helps us if Iran steps up... Global terrorists G8 are pushing the damn " worst case " scenario even more... Dont ever underestimate the power of your enemy... even if it is ME country...

If people are smart they will not get involved in this, it has far higher meaning than some Afganistan or Iraq...

" Technology has exceeded our humanity. "

#11    SurgeTechnologies

SurgeTechnologies

    Psychic Spy

  • Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,238 posts
  • Joined:21 Feb 2011
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Not disclosed

  • "Why not take what seems to me the only chance of escaping what is otherwise the sure destruction"

Posted 04 May 2013 - 11:26 PM

View Postand then, on 30 April 2013 - 12:20 PM, said:


StratFor is a think tank similar to a non governmental CIA.  This is an excellent article on what intervention would, and would NOT accomplish.

Naturally it still is US intelligence, 100% correct for your eyes... i see this article way different than you..

" Technology has exceeded our humanity. "

#12    SurgeTechnologies

SurgeTechnologies

    Psychic Spy

  • Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,238 posts
  • Joined:21 Feb 2011
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Not disclosed

  • "Why not take what seems to me the only chance of escaping what is otherwise the sure destruction"

Posted 04 May 2013 - 11:31 PM

Syria will solve their problems on their own ... what is in it for US,UK? Too many bombs, bullets??? Wage more wars...
I dont care if Assad nukes hes own country, it is still their bussines.. not yours. You people in US wont be affected in any way, and thanks to Obama which again " officialy " said that no action will be taken agaisnt Syria is a very smart move... Think of it this way... you wont loose any good soldiers/family that way.. like recently 5 men died of a land mine in Afganistan.. you will benefit more if you wont involve...
Good people dont need to die for unknown or false reasons..

" Technology has exceeded our humanity. "

#13    and then

and then

    Abyssus Abyssum Invocat

  • Member
  • 13,358 posts
  • Joined:15 Dec 2011
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Land's End

  • Because what came before never seems enough...

Posted 04 May 2013 - 11:49 PM

View PostTesla II, on 04 May 2013 - 11:31 PM, said:

Syria will solve their problems on their own ... what is in it for US,UK? Too many bombs, bullets??? Wage more wars...
I dont care if Assad nukes hes own country, it is still their bussines.. not yours. You people in US wont be affected in any way, and thanks to Obama which again " officialy " said that no action will be taken agaisnt Syria is a very smart move... Think of it this way... you wont loose any good soldiers/family that way.. like recently 5 men died of a land mine in Afganistan.. you will benefit more if you wont involve...
Good people dont need to die for unknown or false reasons..
I agree.  The US should NOT be involved in Syria.  But whoever wins in this civil war will be as bad or worse than Assad and there will be an ethnic/tribal blood bath.  In fact I think it has already begun in some parts of the country.  It is a horror for the innocents.

  We've cast the world, we've set the stage,
  for what could be, the darkest age...

#14    Jessica Christ

Jessica Christ

    jeanne d'arc, je te suivrai

  • Member
  • 3,607 posts
  • Joined:27 May 2011
  • Location:Currently entering that inner landscape connecting those throughout life

  • It seems so important now but you will get over.

Posted 05 May 2013 - 03:34 AM

View PostTesla II, on 04 May 2013 - 11:22 PM, said:

Has anyone actually red that? Such lies... Media has reported US & EU involvement so far.. and Russians which didnt actually do anything but sent ships to gulf are being blamed all over... Chemical weapons being used by some parties of ressistance yes... not Assad... this page falls under "heavy" missleading source... you can take it for granted but i wont sorry...

http://www.upi.com/T...91281367010426/
http://www.dailymail...der-Jordan.html
http://www.presstv.c...ants-in-jordan/
http://english.alara...ers-report.html

I've "heard" US & UK military or some other part of those is covertly arming and training certain parts of this ressistance... and now with Israel making those bombing runs, relations will degrade, worst case scenario Russian fleet might open fire on certain Isreali targets, so will Syria god helps us if Iran steps up... Global terrorists G8 are pushing the damn " worst case " scenario even more... Dont ever underestimate the power of your enemy... even if it is ME country...

If people are smart they will not get involved in this, it has far higher meaning than some Afganistan or Iraq...


If Russia and Iran help Syria from Israeli agression then one could only hope the EU and US stay out of it.


#15    and then

and then

    Abyssus Abyssum Invocat

  • Member
  • 13,358 posts
  • Joined:15 Dec 2011
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Land's End

  • Because what came before never seems enough...

Posted 05 May 2013 - 03:37 PM

View PostLeave Britney alone!, on 05 May 2013 - 03:34 AM, said:

If Russia and Iran help Syria from Israeli agression then one could only hope the EU and US stay out of it.
From your mouth to God's ear :)     Read Ezekiel 38/39 some time and see how that "help" turns out  :w00t:

  We've cast the world, we've set the stage,
  for what could be, the darkest age...




0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users