Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * * * 2 votes

Crypt of Medieval Knight Possibly Discovered

archeology history

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1    Kowalski

Kowalski

The Original Penguin Conspiracy Theorist

• 4,102 posts

• It's All Some Kind Of Wacked Out Conspiracy....

Posted 30 April 2013 - 01:24 PM

Family Crypt of Medieval Knight Possibly Discovered

Archaeologists have unearthed skeletal remains of eight people that may be the relatives of a medieval knight discovered under a parking lot last month in Scotland. The team uncovered one partial skeleton and seven complete skeletons, including one infant and an adult female.
The remains were all buried behind a wall in what may have been an ancient family burial crypt.
"This site just keeps getting more and more interesting, it is turning out to be a real treasure trove of archaeology," Ross Murray, a former student at the University of Edinburgh, said in a statement. "These new finds look likely to be the possible relations of the suspected Medieval knight we found earlier this year. The skull of the skeleton found immediately beneath the location of the knight looks like that of a female and the remains found on the other side of the ornate slab belong to an infant from the same period." [See Images of the Knight's Family Crypt]
Last month, archaeologists on hand at new building construction site unearthed a medieval skeleton under a parking lot in the Old Town of Edinburgh, Scotland. The skeleton was near a slab engraved with a Calvary cross and sword, markers of nobility.

Taken from http://news.yahoo.co...-172635610.html

Edited by Kowalski, 30 April 2013 - 01:26 PM.

#2    Child of Bast

Child of Bast

Queen of the UM Asylum

• 5,021 posts

• The Mad Hatter: "Have I gone mad?"
    Alice: "I'm afraid so. You're entirely bonkers.But I'll tell you a secret: all the best people are."

Posted 30 April 2013 - 01:30 PM

They're always finding fun stuff. :tu:

'A phantom,' said my Uncle Mycroft, who had just materialised, 'is essentially a heteromorphic wave pattern that gains solidity when the apparition converts thermal energy from the surroundings to visible light. It's a fascinating process and I'm amazed no one has thought of harnessing it - a holographic TV that could operate from the heat given off by an average-size guinea pig.' ~ First Among Sequels, Jasper Fforde

#3    freetoroam

freetoroam

Honourary member of the UM asylum

• 6,761 posts

• If you didn't see it with your own eyes, or hear it with your own ears, don't invent it with your small mind and share it with your big mouth!

Posted 30 April 2013 - 01:30 PM

The remains were all buried behind a wall in what may have been an ancient family burial crypt.

------------------------------------------

This would not have been unusual. What worries me is how many family crypts will be uncovered in the future, for the interest of mankind?!

In an ideal World a law would be passed were NO guns were allowed and all those out there destroyed, trouble is the law makers are not going to take a risk of trying to pass that without making sure they are armed first.

#4    Frank Merton

Frank Merton

Blue fish

• 13,987 posts

• fmerton.blogspot.com

Posted 30 April 2013 - 02:05 PM

I think it's outrageous when dead people take up perfectly good land.

#5    ealdwita

ealdwita

Hwt oredmcg

• 4,800 posts

• Hige sceal e heardra, heorte e cenre, mod sceal e mare, e ure mgen lytla.

Posted 30 April 2013 - 04:09 PM

Re-post, sorry.....

http://www.unexplain...howtopic=244514

And it's still not a 'Calvary' cross!!!!!

Edited by ealdwita, 30 April 2013 - 04:10 PM.

"Gæð a wyrd swa hio scel, ac gecnáwan þín gefá!": "Fate goes ever as she shall, but know thine enemy!".
I can teach you with a quip, if I've a mind; I can trick you into learning with a laugh; Oh, winnow all my folly and you'll find, A grain or two of truth among the chaff!
(The Yeoman of the Guard ~ Gilbert and Sullivan)

#6    freetoroam

freetoroam

Honourary member of the UM asylum

• 6,761 posts

• If you didn't see it with your own eyes, or hear it with your own ears, don't invent it with your small mind and share it with your big mouth!

Posted 30 April 2013 - 04:23 PM

View PostFrank Merton, on 30 April 2013 - 02:05 PM, said:

I think it's outrageous when dead people take up perfectly good land.
yep, time to concrete the whole area and build and build and build and maybe throw in a MacDonalds too.

In an ideal World a law would be passed were NO guns were allowed and all those out there destroyed, trouble is the law makers are not going to take a risk of trying to pass that without making sure they are armed first.

#7    calaf

calaf

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 187 posts

Posted 30 April 2013 - 11:03 PM

What's with the parking lots? Is there a society for archeological digs under car parks?

Also tagged with archeology, history

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users