Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Pilot reports 'UFO' as he lands at UK airport

airbus 320 ufo pilot glasgow uk airprox board

• Please log in to reply
227 replies to this topic

#1    Still Waters

Still Waters

Deeply Mysterious

• 38,038 posts

• "Look deep into nature, and then you will understand everything better." - Albert Einstein

Posted 30 April 2013 - 08:34 PM

A passenger plane came within 300 feet of crashing into a 'UFO' flying over Glasgow, an official investigation has found.

The plane was less than 10 seconds away from hitting the object as it flew over Baillieston on the outskirts of Glasgow at 3,500ft and prepared to land.

Despite an extensive investigation, the UK Airprox Board - which investigates reports of near misses - was unable to identify the 'blue and yellow' object which passed below the Airbus 320

http://www.dailymail...ng-Glasgow.html

Posted Image

#2    Sheep Smart

Sheep Smart

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 340 posts

• Im so happy I bleed it.

Posted 30 April 2013 - 08:44 PM

i remember seeing the pilot talk about this incident on a show here in the states. i believe the entire crew on board saw it as well.

Other life in the universe?, you dare to imply there are entities possibly far greater than us almighty humans, creators of canned ham and reality tv. Nonsense. Absurd.

The reality that stupidy exists in abundance doesnt bother me. Its the fact that theres still no cure.

#3    beerengine

beerengine

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 4 posts

• Treat others, as you yourself would like to be treated.

Posted 30 April 2013 - 08:47 PM

I think these things a part of some deception of a spiritual nature.

Tony Charles

#4    WoIverine

WoIverine

Telekinetic

• 6,721 posts

Posted 30 April 2013 - 08:51 PM

Tourists I bet.

Edited by WoIverine, 30 April 2013 - 08:53 PM.

#5    Sweetpumper

Sweetpumper

Heatseeker

• 10,553 posts

Posted 30 April 2013 - 08:52 PM

He's just a stupid pilot. He didn't see crap. As for the rest of the crew, mass hallucination covers that.

"At it's most basic level, science is supposed to represent the investigation of the unexplained, not the explanation of the uninvestigated." - Hunt for the Skinwalker

"The ultimate irony of the Disclosure movement is that it deeply distrusts officialdom, while simultaneously looking to officialdom for the truth." - Robbie Graham Silver Screen Saucers

#6    DONTEATUS

DONTEATUS

Forum Divinity

• 17,404 posts

Posted 30 April 2013 - 09:53 PM

Or it was  those tacos the flight crew ate the stop B-4 and a mass gass release in the Cockpit ! Well its as good as it gets right ? :tu:

This is a Work in Progress!

#7    Zeta Reticulum

Zeta Reticulum

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 353 posts

Posted 01 May 2013 - 12:35 AM

Swamp gas

#8    psyche101

psyche101

Conspiracy Realist

• 31,114 posts

• If you stop to think, Remember to start again

Posted 01 May 2013 - 01:05 AM

View PostZeta Reticulum, on 01 May 2013 - 12:35 AM, said:

Swamp gas

Rubbish obviously the pilot was drunk and it was a weather balloon. Good God man, swamp gas is not blue and yellow. It's only yellow.

But seriously, do any witness reports exist? The Pilot thought an ultralight might be the answer, but too high up I am guessing, so does that indicate what he saw would appear to be man made and not natural phenomena?

The coloration may well indicate paint, which seems to indicate a terrestrial answer as well?

Why would one consider this event as even possibly ET?

Edited by psyche101, 01 May 2013 - 01:06 AM.

Things are what they are. - Me Reality can't be debunked. That's the beauty of it. - Capeo If I have seen further it is by standing on the shoulders of giants. - Sir Isaac Newton Let me repeat the lesson learned from the Sturrock scientific review panel: Pack up your old data and forget it. Ufology needs new data, new cases, new rigorous and scientific methodologies if it hopes ever to get out of its pit. - Ed Stewart Youtube is the last refuge of the ignorant and is more often used for disinformation than genuine research.  There is a REASON for PEER REVIEW... - Chrlzs Nothing is inexplicable, just unexplained. - Dr Who

#9    DONTEATUS

DONTEATUS

Forum Divinity

• 17,404 posts

Posted 01 May 2013 - 03:01 AM

ITs the thing that the UFOlogist Love to read ,the lack of facts,then they can fill in what ever they want ! :tu:
My Pilot report would of been a first person sighting,without any proof ,but for my eyewitness !

This is a Work in Progress!

#10    shrooma

shrooma

doesn't have one screw fully tightened.....

• 3,506 posts

• Live.
    Sin.
    Die.

Posted 01 May 2013 - 03:05 AM

UKAB release report of near miss over Glasgow airport, with pilot/control tower transcript.
http://www.openminds...h-with-ufo-993/

- - - - -disclaimer- - - - -    
all posts- without exception- are humourous.
if you fail to grasp the sublety, then don't whine on like a mardy-arsed
bĦt˘h due to your lack of understanding.

#11    shrooma

shrooma

• 3,506 posts

• Live.
    Sin.
    Die.

Posted 01 May 2013 - 03:18 AM

newspaper report of the incident with more details-
http://www.dailymail...ng-Glasgow.html

#12    Sheep Smart

Sheep Smart

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 340 posts

Posted 01 May 2013 - 03:31 AM

no doubt some of the most credible testimonies are from pilots around the world. whether those of airlines, military, independent..
I find it interesting and quite difficult to dispute their accounts. im sure many have seen history channels 'Black box reports'. incase not do check it out. its been out for about 3-4 years or so. that may not be the specific title but you can type that into youtube im almost positive itll come up. pilots have nothing to gain but their reputation to lose by making such hysterical claims. There are apparently over 10,000 ufo sighted eports in the last century (past 100 years) from pilots of all sorts worlwide. including radar reports from ground control.

Edited by Sheep Smart, 01 May 2013 - 03:34 AM.

Other life in the universe?, you dare to imply there are entities possibly far greater than us almighty humans, creators of canned ham and reality tv. Nonsense. Absurd.

The reality that stupidy exists in abundance doesnt bother me. Its the fact that theres still no cure.

#13    psyche101

psyche101

Conspiracy Realist

• 31,114 posts

• If you stop to think, Remember to start again

Posted 01 May 2013 - 03:49 AM

View PostSheep Smart, on 01 May 2013 - 03:31 AM, said:

no doubt some of the most credible testimonies are from pilots around the world. whether those of airlines, military, independent..
I find it interesting and quite difficult to dispute their accounts. im sure many have seen history channels 'Black box reports'. incase not do check it out. its been out for about 3-4 years or so. that may not be the specific title but you can type that into youtube im almost positive itll come up. pilots have nothing to gain but their reputation to lose by making such hysterical claims. There are apparently over 10,000 ufo sighted eports in the last century (past 100 years) from pilots of all sorts worlwide. including radar reports from ground control.

I find the biggest problem to be that with all this alleged tracking, we do not have one case across all time that has been tracked going into, or coming from space. They all seem to originate, and disappear right here. If even one went into space, we could consider even a certain region of the galaxy as inhabited with intelligence. The WOW! signal gave us a direction, this is what I suspect should be even easier to ascertain from a physical body. When Pilots report things like this:

Posted Image

One can see how the more zealous might jump at far fetched conclusions when dealing with only a description.

Things are what they are. - Me Reality can't be debunked. That's the beauty of it. - Capeo If I have seen further it is by standing on the shoulders of giants. - Sir Isaac Newton Let me repeat the lesson learned from the Sturrock scientific review panel: Pack up your old data and forget it. Ufology needs new data, new cases, new rigorous and scientific methodologies if it hopes ever to get out of its pit. - Ed Stewart Youtube is the last refuge of the ignorant and is more often used for disinformation than genuine research.  There is a REASON for PEER REVIEW... - Chrlzs Nothing is inexplicable, just unexplained. - Dr Who

#14    shrooma

shrooma

• 3,506 posts

• Live.
    Sin.
    Die.

Posted 01 May 2013 - 04:01 AM

psyche, I can't make out what your picture is on my coal-powered phone amigo, you'll have to let me know what it is!
(and you'll have to shout too, as the steam pressure's running low....)
:-)

#15    Sheep Smart

Sheep Smart

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 340 posts

Posted 01 May 2013 - 04:18 AM

View Postpsyche101, on 01 May 2013 - 03:49 AM, said:

I find the biggest problem to be that with all this alleged tracking, we do not have one case across all time that has been tracked going into, or coming from space. They all seem to originate, and disappear right here. If even one went into space, we could consider even a certain region of the galaxy as inhabited with intelligence. The WOW! signal gave us a direction, this is what I suspect should be even easier to ascertain from a physical body. When Pilots report things like this:

One can see how the more zealous might jump at far fetched conclusions when dealing with only a description.
perhaps tonight in your dreams (more like mine) or that day you catch me with bonochulars peering
outside your window ill make a startling revelation only i and few people know. hahahhaha :devil:

it involves seared trees and vitrified terrain. lots of it.
theres a reason behind (some of my bizarre)interest on the subject.
on the other hand i wonder if those with thousands of hours of flight experience know what is normal, strange in apprearance and then differenciate it with an actual real aircraft.

Edited by Sheep Smart, 01 May 2013 - 04:19 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users