Jump to content




Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.


- - - - -

Pilot reports 'UFO' as he lands at UK airport

airbus 320 ufo pilot glasgow uk airprox board

  • Please log in to reply
227 replies to this topic

#196    badeskov

badeskov

    Forum Divinity

  • Member
  • 12,650 posts
  • Joined:27 Aug 2006
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:California

  • Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please - Mark Twain

Posted 21 May 2013 - 10:19 AM

View PostKludge808, on 21 May 2013 - 10:14 AM, said:

TSR, I think you're unaware of something that's pretty much general knowledge here on UM.  Bade & I as well as a few others are paid disinformation specialists.  It's our job to deny any alien presence or involvement as well as any conspiracy theories that crop up.  An alien craft could land on the White House lawn (which did happen although it was toward the rear) and we'd deny its happening.  It's what we do and we do it with immense pleasure.  We know things you can't possibly imagine and, to be honest, know how much of a giggle your site really is.  Nearly every "event" listed was and is part of the wide trail of disinformation created to discredit the UFO community by others who are in the same business.  Through this, we created the entire Believer community and count on their antics to keep the reality secret.  And guess what.  It's working.

Kludge, old buddy, I think we have been over this a couple of times before, but you really need to read the memos and keep this little secret quiet.....and you forgot the ET event on the Red Square in Moscow, which our (back then Soviet) counterparts quite elegantly turned into a German in a propeller plane. Those guys have always excelled in obfuscation.

Cheers,
Badeskov

"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention to arrive safely in a pretty and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming: Wow!! What a ride!". Said to to Dean Karnazes by a running buddy.

#197    Kludge808

Kludge808

    Forum god of all things

  • Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,741 posts
  • Joined:13 Oct 2009
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Completely off the map

  • Proud Member of the Geriatric Squadron
    Proud Member of the Thinking Class

Posted 21 May 2013 - 10:30 AM

View Postbadeskov, on 21 May 2013 - 10:19 AM, said:

Kludge, old buddy, I think we have been over this a couple of times before, but you really need to read the memos and keep this little secret quiet.....and you forgot the ET event on the Red Square in Moscow, which our (back then Soviet) counterparts quite elegantly turned into a German in a propeller plane. Those guys have always excelled in obfuscation.

Cheers,
Badeskov
True but the folks here figured us out anyway.  I do have to give the Russians credit, though.  That had to be one of the best jobs ever.  This more recent one with the "meteor" wasn't bad either.

Whirled Infamous Author and all around really strange person
Not a complete idiot.  Some pieces are missing.

One of UM's Happy Mutants

#198    badeskov

badeskov

    Forum Divinity

  • Member
  • 12,650 posts
  • Joined:27 Aug 2006
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:California

  • Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please - Mark Twain

Posted 21 May 2013 - 10:32 AM

View PostKludge808, on 21 May 2013 - 10:30 AM, said:

True but the folks here figured us out anyway.  I do have to give the Russians credit, though.  That had to be one of the best jobs ever.  This more recent one with the "meteor" wasn't bad either.

True, they have. That said, the Russians have always been good at such. Credit should be given where credit is due...

Cheers,
Badeskov

"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention to arrive safely in a pretty and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming: Wow!! What a ride!". Said to to Dean Karnazes by a running buddy.

#199    Hazzard

Hazzard

    Stellar Black Hole

  • Member
  • 11,762 posts
  • Joined:25 Aug 2005
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Inside Voyager 1.

  • Being skeptical of the paranormal is a good thing.

Posted 21 May 2013 - 12:39 PM

View Postbadeskov, on 21 May 2013 - 10:19 AM, said:

Kludge, old buddy, I think we have been over this a couple of times before, but you really need to read the memos and keep this little secret quiet.....and you forgot the ET event on the Red Square in Moscow, which our (back then Soviet) counterparts quite elegantly turned into a German in a propeller plane. Those guys have always excelled in obfuscation.

Cheers,
Badeskov


I remember that like it was last week,... that was awesome. Mathias Rust, the pilot, was only a teenager at the time. The balls on that guy!! :lol:

Im not so sure that all the Comrades felt the same way. Im sure a couple of them got sent to less important jobs after that blunder.

I still await the compelling Exhibit A.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
*The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing. -Edmund Burke

#200    DONTEATUS

DONTEATUS

    Forum Divinity

  • Member
  • 19,033 posts
  • Joined:15 Feb 2008
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Planet TEXAS

Posted 21 May 2013 - 06:40 PM

It was the Vodka talking ! ! :innocent:

This is a Work in Progress!

#201    badeskov

badeskov

    Forum Divinity

  • Member
  • 12,650 posts
  • Joined:27 Aug 2006
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:California

  • Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please - Mark Twain

Posted 22 May 2013 - 02:04 AM

View PostHazzard, on 21 May 2013 - 12:39 PM, said:

I remember that like it was last week,... that was awesome. Mathias Rust, the pilot, was only a teenager at the time. The balls on that guy!! :lol:

Im not so sure that all the Comrades felt the same way. Im sure a couple of them got sent to less important jobs after that blunder.

Oh yes, that was incredible. However, he did have some aspects working in his favor, he was flying low, his aircraft was small. But you would still think he would have been picked up.

Cheers,
Badeskov

"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention to arrive safely in a pretty and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming: Wow!! What a ride!". Said to to Dean Karnazes by a running buddy.

#202    Kludge808

Kludge808

    Forum god of all things

  • Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,741 posts
  • Joined:13 Oct 2009
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Completely off the map

  • Proud Member of the Geriatric Squadron
    Proud Member of the Thinking Class

Posted 22 May 2013 - 02:13 AM

View Postbadeskov, on 22 May 2013 - 02:04 AM, said:

Oh yes, that was incredible. However, he did have some aspects working in his favor, he was flying low, his aircraft was small. But you would still think he would have been picked up.
He probably was and assessed as not being a threat.  Unknown, yes, but back then left hand not only didn't tell right hand what it was doing but often didn't know itself.

Whirled Infamous Author and all around really strange person
Not a complete idiot.  Some pieces are missing.

One of UM's Happy Mutants

#203    Hazzard

Hazzard

    Stellar Black Hole

  • Member
  • 11,762 posts
  • Joined:25 Aug 2005
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Inside Voyager 1.

  • Being skeptical of the paranormal is a good thing.

Posted 22 May 2013 - 06:54 AM

View PostKludge808, on 22 May 2013 - 02:13 AM, said:

He probably was and assessed as not being a threat.  Unknown, yes, but back then left hand not only didn't tell right hand what it was doing but often didn't know itself.

Being a threat or not, that was extremely embarrasing for the great Sovjetunion. They had fighter jets up and wanted to engage but that was denied for some reason. It looks as he helped bring down the entire CCCP.

http://en.wikipedia....ki/Mathias_Rust

I still await the compelling Exhibit A.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
*The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing. -Edmund Burke

#204    topsecretresearch

topsecretresearch

    Astral Projection

  • Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 692 posts
  • Joined:14 Aug 2005
  • Gender:Not Selected

Posted 23 May 2013 - 05:18 AM

View PostKludge808, on 21 May 2013 - 10:14 AM, said:

TSR, I think you're unaware of something that's pretty much general knowledge here on UM.  Bade & I as well as a few others are paid disinformation specialists.  It's our job to deny any alien presence or involvement as well as any conspiracy theories that crop up.  An alien craft could land on the White House lawn (which did happen although it was toward the rear) and we'd deny its happening.  It's what we do and we do it with immense pleasure.  We know things you can't possibly imagine and, to be honest, know how much of a giggle your site really is.  Nearly every "event" listed was and is part of the wide trail of disinformation created to discredit the UFO community by others who are in the same business.  Through this, we created the entire Believer community and count on their antics to keep the reality secret.  And guess what.  It's working.

I see a modern day "the world is still flat" segment of the population. There are too many pilot UFO observations with various type of craft so even though some sighting can be debunked it would aslo make sense that UFOs that are ET space craft would also be observed in the air and that's what pilots are seeing.


#205    Kludge808

Kludge808

    Forum god of all things

  • Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,741 posts
  • Joined:13 Oct 2009
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Completely off the map

  • Proud Member of the Geriatric Squadron
    Proud Member of the Thinking Class

Posted 23 May 2013 - 07:41 AM

View Posttopsecretresearch, on 23 May 2013 - 05:18 AM, said:

I see a modern day "the world is still flat" segment of the population. There are too many pilot UFO observations with various type of craft so even though some sighting can be debunked it would aslo make sense that UFOs that are ET space craft would also be observed in the air and that's what pilots are seeing.
Errr ... I was a pilot and if your avatar means anything, I was doing so before you were born.  And, yes, I've seen things in the air I couldn't identify and that ATC or approach control, whichever was handy, couldn't help me with.  But I do not make the automatic leap of faith to ET nor do any of the other pilots I've talked to who've also seen things they couldn't identify in the air.  During the brief (just light of 20 years) but intense period I was flying, that totaled a fairly good number of pilots.  Private, commercial and military alike all leave it as "Unknown."  UFO means Unidentified Flying Object.  It doesn't mean ET or anything like it.  It's simply something seen that cannot be identified.  Period.

Adding to that, James Olberg (Gad, I hope I spelled that right!) will tell you right off that, by and large, pilots are notoriously bad observers when it comes to something like that.  Their first responsibility is to their aircraft so they - we - think in terms of its safety and what possible threat the sighting may present.  Nothing I saw that remained unknown presented any sort of threat situation and I was able to assess a bit more closely what I was seeing if there was time but that's not always the case.  More often, a pilot has a split second to react as needed to protect his aircraft.  That does not make for an ideal situation in terms of observing the phenomenon.  Even playing dodgem with a weather balloon, which I had to do once at all too close quarters, doesn't give a pilot a lot of time to Do Something to avoid an unpleasant incident.  I had less than a second to put an airplane pretty much on its side to keep the wing from hitting the balloon.  (I said many bad words immediately after, mostly directed at whoever released that balloon.)

This isn't "The World is Flat" thinking.  This is looking at cold hard reality from the left front seat as it happens.  From a number of your comments I'm thinking you've never had that experience.

Whirled Infamous Author and all around really strange person
Not a complete idiot.  Some pieces are missing.

One of UM's Happy Mutants

#206    badeskov

badeskov

    Forum Divinity

  • Member
  • 12,650 posts
  • Joined:27 Aug 2006
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:California

  • Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please - Mark Twain

Posted 23 May 2013 - 09:04 AM

View PostKludge808, on 23 May 2013 - 07:41 AM, said:

Errr ... I was a pilot and if your avatar means anything,

It doesn't.

Quote

I was doing so before you were born.

And given the maturity of his posts, I would daresay long before.

Quote

And, yes, I've seen things in the air I couldn't identify and that ATC or approach control, whichever was handy, couldn't help me with.  But I do not make the automatic leap of faith to ET nor do any of the other pilots I've talked to who've also seen things they couldn't identify in the air.  During the brief (just light of 20 years) but intense period I was flying, that totaled a fairly good number of pilots.  Private, commercial and military alike all leave it as "Unknown."  UFO means Unidentified Flying Object.  It doesn't mean ET or anything like it.  It's simply something seen that cannot be identified.  Period.

That's the thing, isn't it? It is rather hard to grasp for some that unidentified means exactly that, unidentified!

Quote

Adding to that, James Olberg (Gad, I hope I spelled that right!) will tell you right off that, by and large, pilots are notoriously bad observers when it comes to something like that.  Their first responsibility is to their aircraft so they - we - think in terms of its safety and what possible threat the sighting may present.  Nothing I saw that remained unknown presented any sort of threat situation and I was able to assess a bit more closely what I was seeing if there was time but that's not always the case.  More often, a pilot has a split second to react as needed to protect his aircraft.  That does not make for an ideal situation in terms of observing the phenomenon.  Even playing dodgem with a weather balloon, which I had to do once at all too close quarters, doesn't give a pilot a lot of time to Do Something to avoid an unpleasant incident.  I had less than a second to put an airplane pretty much on its side to keep the wing from hitting the balloon.  (I said many bad words immediately after, mostly directed at whoever released that balloon.)

This isn't "The World is Flat" thinking.  This is looking at cold hard reality from the left front seat as it happens.  From a number of your comments I'm thinking you've never had that experience.

Precisely. Sometimes I do not think that some people really appreciate how short a time frame pilots actually have to observe, assess and react in some situations.

Cheers,
Badeskov

"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention to arrive safely in a pretty and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming: Wow!! What a ride!". Said to to Dean Karnazes by a running buddy.

#207    Kludge808

Kludge808

    Forum god of all things

  • Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,741 posts
  • Joined:13 Oct 2009
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Completely off the map

  • Proud Member of the Geriatric Squadron
    Proud Member of the Thinking Class

Posted 23 May 2013 - 09:51 AM

View Postbadeskov, on 23 May 2013 - 09:04 AM, said:

Precisely. Sometimes I do not think that some people really appreciate how short a time frame pilots actually have to observe, assess and react in some situations.
Observe.  Assess.  React.  Sometimes in under a second.  Or, stated another way, in about the time it takes to say those words out loud.  That's not a lot of time by anyone's standards.

Whirled Infamous Author and all around really strange person
Not a complete idiot.  Some pieces are missing.

One of UM's Happy Mutants

#208    badeskov

badeskov

    Forum Divinity

  • Member
  • 12,650 posts
  • Joined:27 Aug 2006
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:California

  • Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please - Mark Twain

Posted 23 May 2013 - 11:23 AM

View PostKludge808, on 23 May 2013 - 09:51 AM, said:


Observe.  Assess.  React.  Sometimes in under a second.  Or, stated another way, in about the time it takes to say those words out loud.  That's not a lot of time by anyone's standards.

I must say Kludge that I have the greatest respect for you guys flying those things!

Cheers,
Badeskov

"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention to arrive safely in a pretty and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming: Wow!! What a ride!". Said to to Dean Karnazes by a running buddy.

#209    Kludge808

Kludge808

    Forum god of all things

  • Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,741 posts
  • Joined:13 Oct 2009
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Completely off the map

  • Proud Member of the Geriatric Squadron
    Proud Member of the Thinking Class

Posted 23 May 2013 - 12:07 PM

View Postbadeskov, on 23 May 2013 - 11:23 AM, said:

I must say Kludge that I have the greatest respect for you guys flying those things!
Thank you.  I greatly appreciate that.  I haven't been in the left front seat for going on 40 years but once a pilot, always a pilot.  The core instincts are always there including paying close attention to the sky.  Where I live I'm in my element - at one airfield under the approach to another.  Some of the other vets grumble about the noise but I love it - even when the Air Guard's on approach with the F-15s and F-22s or the AF & reserve are shooting crash 'n dashes here in the C-17s, occasional C-5A and KC-135.  (I haven't seen the KC-10 here but it may have slipped past me.)  When I go to Hickam's commissary, I sometimes wind up talking with some of the pilots and it's funny how their attitudes change when they learn that I've got T-37 & T-33 time under my belt which gets amped up a notch or two when I mention DC-9 & 737 simulator time.

As a side note, the pilots for the C-17s & KC-135s look a darn sight better than they did way back when.  All the nicest curves in all the right places and such lovely ... ummm, personalities. :-)

Whirled Infamous Author and all around really strange person
Not a complete idiot.  Some pieces are missing.

One of UM's Happy Mutants

#210    third_eye

third_eye

    _ M Ġ ń Ř Ī Ş_

  • Member
  • 12,318 posts
  • Joined:06 Nov 2010
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Malaysia

  • - God has no religion ~ Mahatma Gandhi -

    "Legio nomen mihi est, quia multi sumus"

Posted 23 May 2013 - 12:20 PM

Posted Image

I'm just glad dogs don't fly planes ... they sees things all the time ...

He who postpones the hour of living rightly ... is like the rustic who waits for the river to run out ... before he crosses.
Horace - Roman lyric poet & satirist 65 BC - 8 BC
~

third_eye cavern ~ bring own beer





0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users