Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Pilot reports 'UFO' as he lands at UK airport

airbus 320 ufo pilot glasgow uk airprox board

• Please log in to reply
227 replies to this topic

#46    Junior Chubb

Junior Chubb

Missing the 'Banned' Wagon

• 4,731 posts

• I am Junior Chubb, son of the Chubb, father of Chubb III

Posted 01 May 2013 - 01:51 PM

View Postquillius, on 01 May 2013 - 01:24 PM, said:

the two pilots were in one plane :tu:

Lol, obviously drunk and bumped into each other while swapping seats :blush:

Cheers Q, I might read the article next time... ;)

I've flown from one side of this galaxy to the other. I've seen a lot of strange stuff, but I've never seen anything to make me believe there's one all-powerful Force controlling everything. There's no mystical energy field that controls my destiny. Anyway, it's all a lot of simple tricks and nonsense.

#47    quillius

quillius

52.0839 N, 1.4328 E

• 4,983 posts

• A man should look for what is, and not for what he thinks should be.
    Albert Einstein

Posted 01 May 2013 - 01:58 PM

View PostJunior Chubb, on 01 May 2013 - 01:51 PM, said:

Lol, obviously drunk and bumped into each other while swapping seats :blush:

Cheers Q, I might read the article next time... ;)

lol

no worries :tu:

#48    bison

bison

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,171 posts

Posted 01 May 2013 - 03:02 PM

They ruled out a hang glider on the grounds that it would have given a radar return. A regular glider, being larger, should have been even more visible to radar, I would think. A largish, unidentifiable object that can make itself invisible to radar, and apparently with enough agility to allow its pilot to fly with confidence within 300 feet of an airliner? Sounds sufficiently mysterious to me, to leave open the extraterrestrial possibility!

Edited by bison, 01 May 2013 - 03:03 PM.

#49    sergeantflynn

sergeantflynn

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 165 posts

• WHY WORRY ?

Posted 01 May 2013 - 03:42 PM

Er...how big is a balloon....

#50    SurgeTechnologies

SurgeTechnologies

Psychic Spy

• 1,238 posts

• "Why not take what seems to me the only chance of escaping what is otherwise the sure destruction"

Posted 01 May 2013 - 04:45 PM

...and the Board ruled out weather balloons, fixed-wing or rotary-wing aircraft, or man-carrying balloons
So then they simply admit it was a UFO... was about time that people stop looking for decepetion where there isnt any..
It is just too bad there isnt any pictures ( again... ). People buy all sort of this HD gazilionmegapixels cameras yet no one ever records something good for a change.. The pilots word does carry some weight but not enough to sound amazingly out of the world.

For what they saw might be the Hessdalen phenomena.

" Technology has exceeded our humanity. "

#51    g00dfella

g00dfella

Extraterrestrial Entity

• PipPipPip
  • 461 posts

Posted 01 May 2013 - 05:18 PM

View Postquillius, on 01 May 2013 - 01:44 PM, said:

most plausible explanation so far me thinks.

I have heard something about something being tracked but still looking for more info/confirmation

edit to add: something about something...hmmmm ok- that is about as vague as one can get

lame answers...

#52    b0wn

b0wn

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 45 posts

Posted 01 May 2013 - 06:23 PM

How do you see something as small as a balloon from 300ft away o.O

I mean... really? It would look like a dot.

#53    paperdyer

paperdyer

Astral Projection

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 643 posts

• "The place where optimism flourishes the most is the insane asylum."

Posted 01 May 2013 - 06:35 PM

View Postpsyche101, on 01 May 2013 - 03:49 AM, said:

I find the biggest problem to be that with all this alleged tracking, we do not have one case across all time that has been tracked going into, or coming from space. They all seem to originate, and disappear right here. If even one went into space, we could consider even a certain region of the galaxy as inhabited with intelligence. The WOW! signal gave us a direction, this is what I suspect should be even easier to ascertain from a physical body. When Pilots report things like this:

Posted Image

One can see how the more zealous might jump at far fetched conclusions when dealing with only a description.

Why is it hard to believe that alien aircraft isn't radar invisible like the radar invisible bombers?

#54    paperdyer

paperdyer

Astral Projection

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 643 posts

• "The place where optimism flourishes the most is the insane asylum."

Posted 01 May 2013 - 06:43 PM

From 300 miles away, would a glider appear big enough to worry a jumbo jet?  I didn't see any reference to whether the object was in motion or hovering.  As the jet was moving the object could have been stationery and the jet flew over it.

#55    Slave2Fate

Slave2Fate

Bloodstained Hurricane

• 6,414 posts

• If you don't believe the sun will rise
    Stand alone and greet the coming night
    In the last remaining light -Audioslave

Posted 01 May 2013 - 06:56 PM

View Postpaperdyer, on 01 May 2013 - 06:35 PM, said:

Why is it hard to believe that alien aircraft isn't radar invisible like the radar invisible bombers?

Stealth capabilities are a design feature in the shape and components of the aircraft. The traditional descriptions we get about UFO's (i.e. saucer, hat, cigar shape etc.) aren't shaped for stealth, they would show up rather easily. One could argue the UFO may have some exotic 'skin' to nullify radar but if we go that route we might as well throw unicorns in the mix for all the evidential value that has.

Edited by Slave2Fate, 01 May 2013 - 07:18 PM.

"You want to discuss plausibility then you have to accept reality." -Mattshark

"Don't argue with an idiot. They'll drag you down to their level then beat you with experience." -Obviousman

You know... the plural of ``anecdote'' is not ``data''. Similarly, the plural of ``random fact'' is not ``mystical symbolism''. -sepulchrave

#56    bison

bison

Psychic Spy

• 1,171 posts

Posted 01 May 2013 - 07:28 PM

View PostSlave2Fate, on 01 May 2013 - 06:56 PM, said:

Stealth capabilities are a design feature in the shape and components of the aircraft. The traditional descriptions we get about UFO's (i.e. saucer, hat, cigar shape etc.) aren't shaped for stealth, they would show up rather easily. One could argue the UFO may have some exotic 'skin' to nullify radar but if we go that route we might as well throw unicorns in the mix for all the evidential value that has.
So, the stealth technology of any possible extraterrestrial civilization, even if is thousands or millions of years ahead us, must appear essentially like our own?! We have the report of what the two pilots saw, and what the airport couldn't see with its radar. That seems to add up to radar invisibility, whether we can explain how it was done, or not.

#57    bison

bison

Psychic Spy

• 1,171 posts

Posted 01 May 2013 - 07:45 PM

View PostTesla II, on 01 May 2013 - 04:45 PM, said:

So then they simply admit it was a UFO... was about time that people stop looking for decepetion where there isnt any..
It is just too bad there isnt any pictures ( again... ). People buy all sort of this HD gazilionmegapixels cameras yet no one ever records something good for a change.. The pilots word does carry some weight but not enough to sound amazingly out of the world.

For what they saw might be the Hessdalen phenomena.
  The  two pilots did not report a light, which is what the Hessdalen phenomenon produces.  The BBC report quotes  them as stating that it was a craft of some sort, with blue and yellow colors on its surface. They saw it at close quarters, saying it loomed up from below them, and was traveling in the opposite direction.

#58    Slave2Fate

Slave2Fate

Bloodstained Hurricane

• 6,414 posts

• If you don't believe the sun will rise
    Stand alone and greet the coming night
    In the last remaining light -Audioslave

Posted 01 May 2013 - 07:49 PM

View Postbison, on 01 May 2013 - 07:28 PM, said:

So, the stealth technology of any possible extraterrestrial civilization, even if is thousands or millions of years ahead us, must appear essentially like our own?! We have the report of what the two pilots saw, and what the airport couldn't see with its radar. That seems to add up to radar invisibility, whether we can explain how it was done, or not.

Well, we've got to go with what we know right? Otherwise it ends up being assumption stacked on top of speculation all mixed with a little opinion which is a recipe I think we can agree gets the field nowhere.

"You want to discuss plausibility then you have to accept reality." -Mattshark

"Don't argue with an idiot. They'll drag you down to their level then beat you with experience." -Obviousman

You know... the plural of ``anecdote'' is not ``data''. Similarly, the plural of ``random fact'' is not ``mystical symbolism''. -sepulchrave

#59    DONTEATUS

DONTEATUS

Forum Divinity

• 17,045 posts

Posted 01 May 2013 - 07:52 PM

I have to agree with Bison,If E.T is smart enough to get here,then they are way smart enough to not be seen or even picked up on any of our systems of detection.Even bending the light its self is in our reach. Add to that the ability to not even be here in the first place. Afterall Why muck up an already Mucked up World like were doing ? :tu:

This is a Work in Progress!

#60    Starseed hybrid 1111

Starseed hybrid 1111

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 326 posts

• "Take the Red Matrix pill" be your own authentic self neo

Posted 01 May 2013 - 07:57 PM

there has been a lot of UFO activity in  Scotland or Ireland although i think it's Scotland though.but i am sure it in both as well,but a near miss that's some pretty crazy stuff lol.i said before and i say it again i hope i see a UFO soon in my life.believing it's one thing for me but seeing that's better to sat the least.was it one of the grey's flying saucer or the good guys because there are good one's and bad UFOs out there.also as for the air traffic control i learned not to trust them or believe them for various reasons one  never believe a official story and two i don't believe they tell the truth.i mean if our technology is so powerful and advance I'm sure they would pick up something

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users